Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

The B4C, Z28 or Not?

I own a 2002 B4C, on my title it states it is a Z28...on my RPO codes it say's B4C. THe car came from DPS and it appears to realy never have been used for patrol, it's way to clean. But there was paper from GM to Dps in the car that has GM referring to the car as a Z28. So if GM is calling the car a Z28 then would it not be a Z28 and what about the title here in Texas? I do not care one way or the other I just wish there was some way to put this issue to rest. Before I bought the car I spent some time looking it up on the net, a lot of people seem to treat it as if it is lower then the Z28. I hope someone can help with this!

Thanks

Black
    98 Z28

If it is really a B4C don't assume that its trashed. Ive gone to car shows and seen clean B4C's. Ill have to dig a bit but i know there's a page how to tell for sure. Ill post back later.

Black
    98 Z28

Ok, from what im reading, if your RPO code says its a B4C then it is. Do you have cloth interior, T56, and a hard top?

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Hard top, cloth seats....the RPO codes says B4C and it came from Texas DPS. Heck they left the siren speaker inside the bumper I guess they forgot to take it out. It was purchased at a state auction. I guess my question is the B4c a Z28?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

My buddy's 2001 B4C has only 9,xxx miles on it. He has 3 of them. He races the 130,xxx mile 2002 to the tune of 11.80's in the 1/4.

B4C is essentially a hardtop Z28 with heavy duty (including extereme duty blue hoses) everything including (IIRC) an oil cooler.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 10-30-2009 at 09:34 PM.

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by supercopone View Post
    Hard top, cloth seats....the RPO codes says B4C and it came from Texas DPS. Heck they left the siren speaker inside the bumper I guess they forgot to take it out. It was purchased at a state auction. I guess my question is the B4c a Z28?
    If you have an LS1 id have to say yes.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

I wish GM would wade in on this, I guess what im asking is what does GM say it is? On there(GM) fleet paper work they call it a Z28 with a B4C option.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by FullBlack4thGen View Post
    If you have an LS1 id have to say yes.
    It does. I always loved the old Gen I motors, but man I realy love the Gen III Ls1.

White
    2002 Z28

Here's my take, the B4C is a special Camaro. It's unto it's own.

A Z28 is a Camaro with the Z28 package.

An SS is a Camaro with the SS package.

A B4C is a Camaro with the B4C package.

Your B4C had most of the Z28 options and standard equipment that dealt with performance. I would bet that the case could be made that the B4C is a higher performance option than the Z28.

Plain and simple just call it a B4C or a LS1 powered Camaro.

Some of the special service cars were treated like gold by the drivers that had them. I know a Florida trooper that would wash and wax his car at least once a month when he had a Camaro. Did the same to his 5.0 Mustang. Did that on his own time. He kept the interior perfect. He made sure all the service was done and done right to his car too. I would defiantely not be afraid a well cared for B4C.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Yes it's essentially a Z28. Just like SS camaro's are Z28's with the SLP package. But the B4C does not have Z28 on its RPO list like the SS.
    Last edited by konigandy6; 10-31-2009 at 07:36 AM.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Funny thing is my wife just opened the mail today and we got in our new insurance cards, she called them the otherday and added my new camaro. I look at the card and it has it as a Camaro Z28 SS. She told me she told them the year (2002) and the make(camaro) and thats all, why does it say Z28 SS? and not just Z28 like my title says it is. I am learning here so just wanted to know if it shows up on all late model Z28 cars. I say late model cause my 1985 Z28 just shows camaro.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Funny thing is my wife just opened the mail today and we got in our new insurance cards, she called them the otherday and added my new camaro. I look at the card and it has it as a Camaro Z28 SS. She told me she told them the year (2002) and the make(camaro) and thats all, why does it say Z28 SS? and not just Z28 like my title says it is. I am learning here so just wanted to know if it shows up on all late model Z28 cars. I say late model cause my 1985 Z28 just shows camaro.
    That's all usually up to the insurance company. Many of them just have their computer sitting in front of them with little drop down boxes of the make, model etc. And insurance for an SS is the same as a Z28 so they group them together. I'm not too sure since I'm no insurance agent, and my insurance just says camaro, 2 door coupe. Who knows....

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    That's all usually up to the insurance company. Many of them just have their computer sitting in front of them with little drop down boxes of the make, model etc. And insurance for an SS is the same as a Z28 so they group them together. I'm not too sure since I'm no insurance agent, and my insurance just says camaro, 2 door coupe. Who knows....
    I know my other camaro says the same thing, I hope Im not paying a higher rate!

Black
    98 Z28

Who insures you? I have Geico and im pretty sure mine says the same and im just a Z28.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Geico

Smokem if you got em B4C Camaro's Avatar

Black
    2001 B4C Camaro

I have friends with both 00 Z28 and 01 SS cars...I have driven both and believe my B4C has a slight perfomance advantage (both handling and motor) over both of their cars. I Love my B4C....

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

I to love the way it preforms, it just seems to have more pep.

I raced my friends 2010 GT Camaro and spanked him. Every time we race I win, I know the new 2010 Camaro SS will kill the stang but a 7 year old 100,000 car hmmmm

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

B4C is your package code on a Z28.

Yours is B4C and my 35thLE code is Z4C. Essentially all V8 camaros are Z28's . Then you have additional packages added to them.

WU8 is the SS package.
    B4C is the Law Enforcment package.
    Z4c was teh 35thLE package. (in 2002)

These are just some examples.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Dabom75 View Post
    B4C is your package code on a Z28.

Yours is B4C and my 35thLE code is Z4C. Essentially all V8 camaros are Z28's . Then you have additional packages added to them.

WU8 is the SS package.
    B4C is the Law Enforcment package.
    Z4c was teh 35thLE package. (in 2002)

These are just some examples.
    Well the B4C RPO list actually does not list the Z28 RPO like the SS does.

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

Thumbs up

SuperCop: The B4C Police Option Camaros were Z28s without the badges, etc. And yes, a B4C car is higher performance and is more desirable than a straight Z28 car.

You may want to run your VIN thru the VIN decoder at the top of the forum for all the straight skinny on your car.

Glad to see another B4C in here. . .

Rip

Thread Information