Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    1999 Camaro Z28

B4C and Z28 exactlly the same?

I am just curious about this is all, but did the B4C package have any other mods for performance than the Z28? Or anything else different other than the hard top?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusJ View Post
    I am just curious about this is all, but did the B4C package have any other mods for performance than the Z28? Or anything else different other than the hard top?
    Nope, it's just a stripped down version. Engine and performance are all the same.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

My bro in law has one, no limiters on computer, heavy duty cooling and eletrical systems, bigger sway bars.

White
    1999 Camaro Z28

Learned alot on that link, thanks.

Black
    98 Z28

They make really cool aftermarket badges for the B4C's. They look like sheilds with B4C and some Camaro stuff on them.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusJ View Post
    Learned alot on that link, thanks.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Nope, it's just a stripped down version. Engine and performance are all the same.
    No they are not just stripped down versions, they actually have more options and features then a Z28. Sway bars, oil coolers, power steering pump coolers, alum drive shaft, way way different computer tuning, higher speeds, faster times and on and on. These cars were built to be faster and made to run harder. If anyone cares to see them I can post some links to the State who did the testing on the LS1 B4C, I must say the info is impressive on the times. It was higher then a stock Z28.

A lot of people like to talk down these cars, I have no idea why. If they were a striped down Z28 then why did they cost more?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by supercopone View Post
    No they are not just stripped down versions, they actually have more options and features then a Z28. Sway bars, oil coolers, power steering pump coolers, alum drive shaft, way way different computer tuning, higher speeds, faster times and on and on. These cars were built to be faster and made to run harder. If anyone cares to see them I can post some links to the State who did the testing on the LS1 B4C, I must say the info is impressive on the times. It was higher then a stock Z28.

A lot of people like to talk down these cars, I have no idea why. If they were a striped down Z28 then why did they cost more?
    Stripped down they were, they are called strippers. (no ttops, cloth interior, no tcs.. etc. though some options were available, but rare for pursuit cars) And the only way they got the upgraded suspension package is if it had the 1LE RPO. B4C does not give them that. And in no way am I talking any car down. An LS1 is and LS1, whether it's in a Camaro or a Miata.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

If we are talking about the LS1 they all had the upgraded suspension, someone up above posted a link to camarosource.ca. They merged the Le1 option and the z28 together. I know your not talking down the car, but your not talking it up. There are a lot of myths about the B4c pack and some are good and some are bad.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

If we are talking about the LS1 they all had the upgraded suspension, someone up above posted a link to camarosource.ca. They merged the Le1 option and the z28 together. I know your not talking down the car, but your not talking it up. There are a lot of myths about the B4c pack and some are good and some are bad.
    Well I understand your bias since you own one, but this is not the place to get on the defensive about that model Camaro. No one here is saying anything bad about it. So lets all just drop it.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Well I understand your bias since you own one, but this is not the place to get on the defensive about that model Camaro. No one here is saying anything bad about it. So lets all just drop it.
    I never said you said anything bad, I own a none b4c z28 as well. As I am new here and your a mod, I will drop it.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I never said you said anything bad, I own a none b4c z28 as well. As I am new here and your a mod, I will drop it.
    Have you posted in the "post your camaro" thread yet? Get some pics up!

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Have you posted in the "post your camaro" thread yet? Get some pics up!
    Im gonna get some up today! I realy need to clean it up.

2000 Camaro B4C

can i get that link from you about the state testing the B4C.
    2000 B4C Special Service Package Z28 - Kooks 1&7/8 Stepped 2'' - TSP Torquer V.2 - FAST 92/92 - BDR 4000 Conveter - Xtreme Trans Stage II - Full UMI Suspension - Pacesetter LT's - Comp Drag Shocks - Magnaflow - Cutout - ZO6 MAF - FTP LID - Street Tuned -

white
    2000 Z28

can we get the link? oh and i was told on several occasions that when the b4c's were sold to the public the factory tune was reinstalled on the cars. i dont remember the reason though. the camarosource link also states that none of the b4c packages added to the cost of the car. i would like to see more specific info on the b4c's but the camarosource seems a bit vague still. it doesnt mention anything you did.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

The links are below they are long but you can just skim threw to the good parts. On link three the 2002 camaro goes from 305 hp to 310 hp

http://www.justnet.org/Lists/JUSTNET...MSP1999rpt.pdf

http://www.justnet.org/Lists/JUSTNET...2001report.pdf

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Ve...002_8810_7.pdf
    Last edited by supercopone; 10-31-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    can we get the link? oh and i was told on several occasions that when the b4c's were sold to the public the factory tune was reinstalled on the cars. i dont remember the reason though. the camarosource link also states that none of the b4c packages added to the cost of the car. i would like to see more specific info on the b4c's but the camarosource seems a bit vague still. it doesnt mention anything you did.
    I have a window sticker it added a little bit to the total cost. I need to scan or take a picture of it and post it.

white
    2000 Z28

The links are below they are long but you can just skim threw to the good parts. On link three the 2002 camaro goes from 305 hp to 310 hp

http://www.justnet.org/Lists/JUSTNET...MSP1999rpt.pdf

http://www.justnet.org/Lists/JUSTNET...2001report.pdf

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Ve...002_8810_7.pdf
    a lot of the acceleration times were pretty average. i wonder if the test drivers were selected by driving skill. a lot of mid 13 second 0-100mph. but then again i didnt read where all the testings were done so i dont know what kind of D/A they are looking at.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    a lot of the acceleration times were pretty average. i wonder if the test drivers were selected by driving skill. a lot of mid 13 second 0-100mph. but then again i didnt read where all the testings were done so i dont know what kind of D/A they are looking at.
    I used to have the linked saved with the factory Z28 times and then State
    B4c times, I could not find it but founds the ones below. Anybody have the factory Z28 times they can post?

Thread Information