Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

auto guys only..what made you pick?

This is a discussion on auto guys only..what made you pick? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I got a good deal on it and live in So. Cal. Stop and go traffic's a bitch....

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I got a good deal on it and live in So. Cal. Stop and go traffic's a bitch.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

I didn't really have the choice as I live in Luxembourg and there was strictly no alternative as the car I picked was the only available in the area and even if I had tried to find one in other european countries, it would've been extremely hard to pick a manual...Z28s are a rarity in Europe and hard to find, if at all, so you don't ask too many questions after you've found the car you fell in love with...
    But as I drive in a merely urban environment, I'm not disappointed at all, my other car is an auto too...

Black
    00 WS6

I wanted an M6, but the A4 I got was in better shape then the M6s I was looking at. I also got the color I wanted. I did an A4 to M6 swap in my 93 T/A and if I really want an M6 in this car I'll have the swap done again.

The price was right on the car, plus there better for drag racing (with a stall).

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

same here...all of the A4's around here are in much better shape than the M6's

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk01 View Post
    lol..well an X girlfriend was telling me about "how having the extra hand will be nice"...

...because I never hardly got to put sex juice in my passenger seat alot..because of the shifting .....thats how she put it anyways lol..she really wants a ride now..bahaha
    +1 auto is great for the ability to keep then warmed up on the way home. Road head is still difficult because of the buckets and the console....but doable

Besides that stuff, I drive auto because I'm lazy, it's consistent, the car is my DD including lots of shitty traffic, and I can still hold gears if I want anyway. Oh and I've never missed a shift =) The M6 isn't really hard to drive anyway, at least not in my neighbor's C6, but would still be a PITA as a DD. The highway gas mileage SUCKS compared to the M6 tho.

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

i brought mine off the lot in april of 01 with 3 miles and it was all they had( i had ben to about 5 diffrent dealers at that time) and i didn't even know if the 02 were even going to come out at that point. anyway my 73 z 28 is a 4 speed so if i want to bang gears i pull out the 73
    Last edited by twozs; 11-05-2008 at 05:29 PM.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Ah ! Let me count the ways. Trans. will last much longer that a beat-on m6. Rear ends will last MUCH longer than with a m6. Engines will last MUCH longer due to NO missed shifts. Allows one to multi-task comfortably while driving. Bumper to bumper traffic is no longer a major hassle. You can actually enjoy your drive even in the city with stop lights every block . In a stop light race with a m6 driver you will win at least 8 out of ten times stock for stock . GM's A4 is without a doubt one of the best automatic's ever built . No other 4-speed OD even comes close . A big cooler is all thats needed , throw in a converter to boot and watch all the m6 boys cry .

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    Ah ! Let me count the ways. Trans. will last much longer that a beat-on m6. Rear ends will last MUCH longer than with a m6. Engines will last MUCH longer due to NO missed shifts. Allows one to multi-task comfortably while driving. Bumper to bumper traffic is no longer a major hassle. You can actually enjoy your drive even in the city with stop lights every block . In a stop light race with a m6 driver you will win at least 8 out of ten times stock for stock . GM's A4 is without a doubt one of the best automatic's ever built . No other 4-speed OD even comes close . A big cooler is all thats needed , throw in a converter to boot and watch all the m6 boys cry .

but what about A4 to M6 from a 40 roll? stock for stock what are the odds?

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Everybody that has an A4 already knows that anything between about 20 MPH to about 48-53 MPH is suicide against a well shifted m6 . That's our soft spot , unless you have a converter , then its a toss-up . And the dude with the m6 better not miss a power-shift or he's dead meat !
    Unless you just love to shift gears ALL THE TIME , the A4 will always be the way to go . Course I'm pregidous.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

when I was looking for my car I just wanted one in mint condition w/ low miles and I found it, just happened to be an A4 did'nt really care what tranny I got, it worked out for the best any how cause my g/f cant drive a manuel and being she dos'nt drink and I do she can drive when needed! lol

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Everybody that has an A4 already knows that anything between about 20 MPH to about 48-53 MPH is suicide against a well shifted m6 . That's our soft spot , unless you have a converter , then its a toss-up . And the dude with the m6 better not miss a power-shift or he's dead meat !
    Unless you just love to shift gears ALL THE TIME , the A4 will always be the way to go . Course I'm pregidous.
    Did you mean prejudiced as in being biased towards?

And yeah, my 3.73 geared and stalled A4 has out run many an M6....

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Acually, the A4 will grenade long before the T56 M6 manual. Weak spot of a A4 is the tranny and rear end, the M6 is just the rear end. Plenty of A4 boys that I know, have fried there rears and tranny and I am on stock both. Its all just preference, a very good M6 driver can out handle a A4 at the track, I have seen it and did it. 99.9% of the time, the A4 will win at the track due to consistency and ease of launch. A4's are crazy in their own right as is a manual, both have pros and cons, my preference is a manual. If I had the money I would own both.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Shifting in major traffic is out of the question for me. I would love to have a M6 to drive on weekends etc.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Shifting in traffic for me isn't too bad, but I learned on a manual, and have had just as many manual vehicles as autos. I can see why someone wouldn't want to drive a manual if their in stop and go all the time. To me it doesn't bother me but thats only a opinion. This thread has went much better then old A4 vs. M6 threads that get out of hand with people blasting others of their opinions.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

thats good you say that....I didnt make this thread for people to compete...its more like a what made you preferr...

and so far everyone is taking it the right way

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

10 years ago next week I broke my left leg pretty bad.

5 different casts over 9 1/2 months mean no more manuals for me.

Plus, a manual trans in Atlanta traffic would be agony if it were my only car.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    10 years ago next week I broke my left leg pretty bad.

5 different casts over 9 1/2 months mean no more manuals for me.

Plus, a manual trans in Atlanta traffic would be agony if it were my only car.
    Never even thought of medical reasons. Definitly (spell?) a good reason to drive a A4, one that many don't think about.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    when I was looking for my car I just wanted one in mint condition w/ low miles and I found it, just happened to be an A4 did'nt really care what tranny I got, it worked out for the best any how cause my g/f cant drive a manuel and being she dos'nt drink and I do she can drive when needed! lol
    Forgot about the girl being a DD, that does help.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Never even thought of medical reasons. Definitly (spell?) a good reason to drive a A4, one that many don't think about.
    Yep, it was a life-changing experience.

When you look down and see your knee facing forward while your foot is facing almost 180 degrees to the rear, you just KNOW it's going to be a bad day.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information