Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ASR

This is a discussion on ASR within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Hot head I don't believe the car's ecu is that fast to be able to be measured ...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Hot head View Post
    I don't believe the car's ecu is that fast to be able to be measured in femto seconds...because mechanical parts and an external source is involved in the decision structure of the ecu. Maybe if this was a state of the art car or a laser of some sort you could say it was Femto seconds but I will meet you half way I believe that turning it off will make the car faster by .1 of a second. Also, we have to remember that this is not a closed system it gets all of its information from a user.

And thank you for your props
    IIRC, the ECU's response time is something like 20 ms or so...

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    IIRC, the ECU's response time is something like 20 ms or so...
    correct and a Femto second would be like .000000002 ms

a Femto second would be more to time to electron passing through the E.C.U. As opposed to creating a calculation based of the car's programmed decision structure.
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-14-2011 at 11:00 AM.

It's become a habit or routine for me to just reach over and turn it off everytime I start the car, without really even thinking about it anymore.

I don't generally drive aggressive enough to even kick on the ASR if it were on anyway, so it's never really been a concern with me.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    It's become a habit or routine for me to just reach over and turn it off everytime I start the car, without really even thinking about it anymore.

I don't generally drive aggressive enough to even kick on the ASR if it were on anyway, so it's never really been a concern with me.
    Yes I wonder if ASR is turned off can it = better gas mileage by 3-10% or something.

I did notice that when I drive 70 (highway) miles to an unspecified place with it on will takes around .250 to .500 more gallons of gas than with it off!?

This I have done this trip 40 times. 12 times with ASR on and 28 times with it off
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-14-2011 at 03:22 PM.

dark blue metallic
    2002 camaro z28

I have a 1sc coupe I dont have that option . I dont have cruise,power windows,seats,mirrors,locks,hatch,and no steering wheel controls. I.E. stripper car. I dont have it. I dont miss it . I just changed from a4 to 6spd and deleted a.i.r. ,a/c i'm more of a naturalist when it comes to muscle cars hot rods and a/c seems like to much paracetic lose to me . remember: WHAT YOU DRIVE DRIVES AMERICA !!!BUY USA PRODUCTS !!

dark blue metallic
    2002 camaro z28

I forgot one more comment:IMPORTS SUCK,OUR JOBS AWAY!!

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by oldmano2z View Post

Gm cars use parts from Mexico some from Canada some from the U.S.
    Ford cars use parts from Mexico some from Canada some from the U.S some from Japan.
    Not going to touch Chrysler and their 3 headed companions and now they are owned by Fiat a foreign company = Import.

Since recent events of the catastrophe of Japan GM, FORD, Chrysler have no excuse to take over the market since Japanese automakers have much less product(cars) to sell
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-15-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Black
    1999 camaro z28

Wow lost of good information here. And i would also like to know if having it off would increase gas milage.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Yes I wonder if ASR is turned off can it = better gas mileage by 3-10% or something.

I did notice that when I drive 70 (highway) miles to an unspecified place with it on will it takes around .250 to .500 more gallons of gas than with it off.

This I have done this trip 40 times. 12 times with ASR on and 28 times with it off

Quote Originally Posted by TJKIDD View Post
    Wow lost of good information here. And i would also like to know if having it off would increase gas milage.
    I was able to use .250 gallons - .500 gallons less with it off.
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-15-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Black
    1999 camaro z28

O ok

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by TJKIDD View Post
    O ok
    Try it out for your self. But with anything including ASR you can drive like an idiot more often with it off and thus decreasing gas mileage. if you drive with it nice and smooth you can possibly get better mileage with my experience.

Black
    1999 camaro z28

True

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    So you saved 1 quart per tank or 1qt. per trip..?

Either way could have easily been varying driving habbits and has nothing to do with the ASR being on or off..

I did that test years ago my self and found negligable results.. Even with a far less powerfull engine than the ls1 in my car..
    Yes it was through the course of 2 years winter and summer. Cruise control for 65 miles then straight to a gas station not even 1/4 mile from freeway/exit. Also, to get on the freeway I drove no more than 1.5 miles little to be questioned

80 mph the whole way on the freeway.

I used around 3.675 gallons with it off and 4.025 with it on.
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-15-2011 at 09:32 AM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Yes it was through the course of 2 years winter and summer. Cruise control for 65 miles then straight to a gas station not even 1/4 mile from freeway/exit. Also, to get on the freeway I drove no more than 1.5 miles little to be questioned

80 mph the whole way on the freeway.

I used around 3.675 gallons with it off and 4.025 with it on.
    interesting

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

interesting
    One day I wanted to be a hot head on the road so I turned if off but I forgot all about it. So when I got to the gas station I was like what was different from last week then this week!? Then i remembered I turned the ASR off so I continued to do that and I got the reasonable average of 3.675 gallons used.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

One day I wanted to be a hot head on the road so I turned if off but I forgot all about it. So when I got to the gas station I was like what was different from last week then this week!? Then i remembered I turned the ASR off so I continued to do that and I got the reasonable average of 3.675 gallons used.
    Hmm well maybe it's due to the ls1 power and my lack of it then..

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Hmm well maybe it's due to the ls1 power and my lack of it then..
    That is a high probability I really like the stout 3.8 liter in it but I do have 2 more pistons and a different design of engine.

I have a 1sc coupe I dont have that option . I dont have cruise,power windows,seats,mirrors,locks,hatch,and no steering wheel controls. I.E. stripper car. I dont have it. I dont miss it . I just changed from a4 to 6spd and deleted a.i.r. ,a/c i'm more of a naturalist when it comes to muscle cars hot rods and a/c seems like to much paracetic lose to me . remember: WHAT YOU DRIVE DRIVES AMERICA !!!BUY USA PRODUCTS !!
    I hear ya. I'm still driving cars with manual drum brakes and manual steering, and I love it. Hell I've still got a rotary dial telephone in the house
    I've always said (and it's mostly true) that technoligy peaked for me about 1975.
    I do appreciate our 4th gens and what they can do, but I find myself more times than not just hopping in a classic car and driving that instead.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

That is a high probability I really like the stout 3.8 liter in it but I do have 2 more pistons and a different design of engine.
    For now my friend..

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

For now my friend..
    Yes when you have an ls1 under your control I will have an ls9 .. hopefully in a year and 1/2

Either the new Camaro or the new Corvette depends on job title.
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-15-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information