Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

ASR

This is a discussion on ASR within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well today i was driving home and at a stop light I turned my ASR off and was trying to ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member TJKIDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Antonio,tx
    Posts
    26

    Black
    1999 camaro z28

    ASR

    Well today i was driving home and at a stop light I turned my ASR off and was trying to feel the diffrence between it off/on well personaly i liked it off. I was just wondering do yall drive it off or on?

  2. #2
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    The 98 has it and the 02 doesn't.

    The way I drive it's a good thing the 98 (M6 DD) has it cuz it wants to swap front with rear in a heartbeat. Even with 187,xxx miles on it it's got enough balls to get squirelly really quick...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

    2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

    2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

    Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    bernaillio county
    Posts
    292

    navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

    is there a difference when driving normal with the asr off??? I never noticed if there was a difference with it off unless i lost traction.

  4. #4
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    I find that since the tune and the gear swap that I am having the traction control kick on almost every time it shifts to 2nd from a slight turn or even if you give it a hair more than the minimum throttle. I like it with it off.

    It likes to get out of hand though now. haha

  5. #5
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    is there a difference when driving normal with the asr off??? I never noticed if there was a difference with it off unless i lost traction.
    No difference when driving normal..

  6. #6
    Junior Member TJKIDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Antonio,tx
    Posts
    26

    Black
    1999 camaro z28

    I no when mines off and i floor it the wheels start spinning

  7. #7
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by TJKIDD View Post
    I no when mines off and i floor it the wheels start spinning
    it'll do that..

  8. #8
    What Would Earl Do? Vexzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kirby, TX
    Posts
    230

    Fire
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    The 98 has it and the 02 doesn't.
    Mine has it -must be a special edition! hahahahahahaha

    Oh yeah: OFF.

  9. #9
    Junior Member TJKIDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Antonio,tx
    Posts
    26

    Black
    1999 camaro z28

    Well i think im going to start driving with it off since theres no real diffrence with it on.

  10. #10
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Many is the time the ASR has kicked back on my request for MORE POWER, especially when making a left or right turn. If I'm wanting to go straight ahead I turn it off. I can handle side to side...

  11. #11
    Junior Member 02ssmaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    55

    SS # 4436
    02 Camaro SS 35th LE

    Definitely off. I don't like when the car tells me no when I press the gas pedal.

  12. #12
    Member 00Z28DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati/Columbus
    Posts
    226

    White
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 02ssmaro View Post
    Definitely off. I don't like when the car tells me no when I press the gas pedal.


    I couldn't have said it better myself.

  13. #13
    Junior Member TJKIDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Antonio,tx
    Posts
    26

    Black
    1999 camaro z28

    So when it's on were lossing power?

  14. #14
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Quote Originally Posted by TJKIDD View Post
    So when it's on were lossing power?
    You're not losing power. Rather, the throttle kicks back when the computer senses wheel slippage.

  15. #15
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    n/a
    Posts
    190
    n/a

    To me it frees the car up allowing me to be more intune with the car and I believe no one mentioned this but turning off asr allows the wheels to spin as fast as they can instead of intune.

    On a side note it would make sense since the car isn't monitoring as much (ABS, throttle, wheel spin,etc) the car would draw less from the electrical system thus eliminating parasitic drag on the engine. Also, because of less monitoring the car doesn't have to processas much code thus cutting down on response time for computation by the ecu so a quicker response is created.

    I could write a true false programming loop if you guys want, that would show
    What I am talking about....

    My 2 cents
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-13-2011 at 06:21 PM.

  16. #16
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot head View Post
    To me it frees the car up allowing me to be more intune with the car and I believe no one mentioned this but turning off asr allows the wheels to spin as fast as they can instead of intune.

    On a side note it would make sense since the car isn't monitoring as much (ABS, throttle, wheel spin,etc) the car would draw less from the electrical system thus eliminating parasitic drag on the engine. Also, because of less monitoring the car doesn't have to processas much code thus cutting down on response time for computation by the ecu so a quicker response is created.

    I could write a true false programming loop if you guys want, that would show
    What I am talking about....

    My 2 cents
    Femto seconds don't really matter in the Grand Scheme of things automotive...

    Oh, being the resident "Spelling Nazi" that I am, I congratulate you on the proper usage of "sense" and "since". You have no idea how many folks on here mix that up...

    The proper usage of "brake" and "break" is a real big winner also.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 04-13-2011 at 07:41 PM.

  17. #17
    Member 00Z28DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati/Columbus
    Posts
    226

    White
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Femto seconds don't really matter in the Grand Scheme of things automotive...

    Oh, being the resident "Spelling Nazi" that I am, I congratulate you on the proper usage of "sense" and "since". You have no idea how many folks on here mix that up...

    The proper usage of "brake" and "break" is a real big winner also.
    Haha, it's sad but true.

  18. #18
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    n/a
    Posts
    190
    n/a

    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Femto seconds don't really matter in the Grand Scheme of things automotive...

    Oh, being the resident "Spelling Nazi" that I am, I congratulate you on the proper usage of "sense" and "since". You have no idea how many folks on here mix that up...

    The proper usage of "brake" and "break" is a real big winner also.
    I don't believe the car's ecu is that fast to be able to be measured in femto seconds...because mechanical parts and an external source is involved in the decision structure of the ecu. Maybe if this was a state of the art car or a laser of some sort you could say it was Femto seconds but I will meet you half way I believe that turning it off will make the car faster by .1 of a second. Also, we have to remember that this is not a closed system it gets all of its information from a user.

    And thank you for your props
    Last edited by Hot head; 04-14-2011 at 05:55 AM.

  19. #19
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Oh, being the resident "Spelling Nazi"
    You lost that title to me, remember?

    I drive with it off.

  20. #20
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    n/a
    Posts
    190
    n/a

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    You lost that title to me, remember?

    I drive with it off.
    I drive with it on when I am not purposely driving "faster"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •