Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

anyone have pictures of twotone interior?

This is a discussion on anyone have pictures of twotone interior? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; leatherseats.com is where I got my seat covers...

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

leatherseats.com is where I got my seat covers

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

They've got them (2 tone "leathette" seats) on eBay..... But they're $7-800. I figured I'd rather spend $400 and do my own leather seats than shell out $7-800 for vinyl & houndstooth seats.

If I can find the color and type of material I wanted I'd have no problem spending more for a complete set of seat covers.

Having the section stitched in the stock covers poses too many issues for me. Price quotes would be all over the place depending where you live. Upholstery shops around here are moocho expensive $$$. You have to worry about quality, not to mention if anyone has seat bolster wear that's another issue, because that's not part of the insert. Plus,,and probably my biggest concern,,,,I'm not all that excited about leaving my car sit at the mercy of an upholstery shop with no seats in it while they work on stitching them up.

Seat covers are very simple to remove and reinstall. Get yourself a box of hogrings and hog ring plyers. I recover seats all the time with premade, ready to go covers from places like PUI doing classic restorations here. Once the covers are here, I could remove the old and install the new in a day or two as long as the foam is in good shape.

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Yeah, I guess it where you go. My guys add extra foam to the seat to make it softer and rework the bolsters if needed. It's all in the same low price too. And it only took 2 days. (well, that's when I had time to pick the car up)

Lucky me.

Sounds like you have a good place to deal with.

I'll tell you a quick story about on upholstery shop here in town.

I was doing my own houndstooth seat covers on my 72 blazer, and I ran out of hogrings. I stopped in there to see if I could pick up a box of rings.
    The owner flat told me,,,,if I wasn't having any work done there he couldn't help me. Wouldn't sell me any hog rings.
    It wasn't like I was asking for a handout. I had my wallet in hand ready to buy. That's just the kind of mentality you deal with at some places.
    That's not the way to treat customers and build a solid clientel.

Needless to say, because of that small incident I'll never send any business his way. Crap like that is what motivated me to start my own business 15 years ago.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information