Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

anyone have a 1sc stripper z28?

This is a discussion on anyone have a 1sc stripper z28? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 When I get home I'll post up roll up window pics. The more I read the ...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    When I get home I'll post up roll up window pics. The more I read the more I am certain mine is a 1sc given the lack of anything but the defroster. Only thing I hate about it was the 16 inch non Z rated tires and now a top speed of only 77 MPH (gear change untuned so far). The guy in my club saw the code on his door so I know 100% his is. plus its a SOM M6 car.

I need to rescale my car I know I saved some by removing the EGR & AIR and the headers weighed alot less but the UMI torque Arm was almost 3x the weight of the standard one and the 9" is a bit more than my original one.
    did you say you lost your door codes?

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Ya I had an accident that required replacing the door and I forgot to tell them to keep the original tag. However went to the dealer to run the Vin and it is a 1SC . Also brought it to the local scales and she weighed in at a svelte 3575 with me in it and 1/8th tank of gas Full everything else with jack and spare. Not bad considering the SFC's, ZR1's (315 tires in back are way heavier than stock 16's), Moser 9 with locker, and nodular iron center section 31 spline axles, true duals, and the heavy as sin Torque arm. Given that the only real reduction was the EGR headers, and AIR (not pump its still in car) and all the extras mine was probably just 3300 or a tad less stock. Heres a pic of the cranks btw with the door blank as well.

One of only 517 made for my year nice

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    Ya I had an accident that required replacing the door and I forgot to tell them to keep the original tag. However went to the dealer to run the Vin and it is a 1SC . Also brought it to the local scales and she weighed in at a svelte 3575 with me in it and 1/8th tank of gas Full everything else with jack and spare. Not bad considering the SFC's, ZR1's (315 tires in back are way heavier than stock 16's), Moser 9 with locker, and nodular iron center section 31 spline axles, true duals, and the heavy as sin Torque arm. Given that the only real reduction was the EGR headers, and AIR (not pump its still in car) and all the extras mine was probably just 3300 or a tad less stock. Heres a pic of the cranks btw with the door blank as well.

One of only 517 made for my year nice
    ha ha bad ass man!!! but the pics didnt show up. but i dont care because you have a 1sc!!! i want one now. i will sell you my dad's house....

I am probably going to buy a 2001 Z28 SOM 1SC M6 with 63k. The only options it has are rear defrost and Monsoon cd player. Does anybody know how many were made in 01? It also has a t handle shifter so I don't know if it is aftermarket or factory. The rest of the car is bone stock down to the paper filter.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    its not a big difference but if you consider what you have to do to trim 100 plus pounds off of the interior it can get tedious. thats cool that you had an lt1 stripper, didnt know they existed!

kooks/corsa!!! wow, thats awesome! probably set ya back a bit eh?
    when i had the car dyno tuned in january it came up as 3350 lbs. power everything except pas seat. i dont even know if the power pas seat was available. most likely was but i never checked.

black
    1999 ss

Is my 99 SS rare?

A couple of years ago I bought a 99 ss on ebay. The car has a hard top, cloth interior, M6, AC. It has manual windows, manual door locks, manual seat adjuster, manual trunk lid. The car does not have rear defogger, cruise control, or traction control, or fog lights. I recieved both of the original window stickers when I bought the car, the regular sticker and the SS/SLP sticker. The car has the SLP performance exhaust, chrome rims, Bilstein ultra performance suspension system, Auburn high torque performance differrential, and a few other unimportant items. All these items are listed on the SLP window sticker. So is this a SC car ? What is an SC car. I am just starting to get educated about these cars, And oh It now has 79k on it, 77k when I bought it. It is a weekend toy, I probably will never race it, the closest track is over two hours away.

black
    1998 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by hozeman View Post
    A couple of years ago I bought a 99 ss on ebay. The car has a hard top, cloth interior, M6, AC. It has manual windows, manual door locks, manual seat adjuster, manual trunk lid. The car does not have rear defogger, cruise control, or traction control, or fog lights. I recieved both of the original window stickers when I bought the car, the regular sticker and the SS/SLP sticker. The car has the SLP performance exhaust, chrome rims, Bilstein ultra performance suspension system, Auburn high torque performance differrential, and a few other unimportant items. All these items are listed on the SLP window sticker. So is this a SC car ? What is an SC car. I am just starting to get educated about these cars, And oh It now has 79k on it, 77k when I bought it. It is a weekend toy, I probably will never race it, the closest track is over two hours away.
    Yeah it is a very rare car also. Look in the door and it should have the 1sc in it.

black
    1999 ss

Rare 99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by fraz1le View Post
    Yeah it is a very rare car also. Look in the door and it should have the 1sc in it.
    I dont keep the car car here (no room in garage) , But I'll have er out for a ride in a day or two. She has only saw rain twice since she became mine, And where I live It starts snowing in October and I'm usually still riding my snowmobiles in April, The car will never see snow or salt as long as I own it. Every few days this time of year i get her out , my kid says I drive it like I stole it.:

Sebring Silver
    02 Z28

i have an 02 z it has nothing power no fog lights or anything. its a m6 leather,roll up windows, nothing power, but it does have a power steering cooler.hard top.

2001 SS 1SC stripper here. No power seats/windows/locks or keylesss entry. No fog lamps, no traction control, no cruise control, no rear defroster. Cloth seats, hardtop, M6. 1SC option code on the door sticker. Only GM option is the Monsoon stereo. Only SLP options are the SS grille and Hurst shifter.
    Did I mention it is SOM too! 1 of 1 optioned car for MY2001. I will be buried in this car with coins over my eyes like the old "Used Cars" movie...

I weighed the car on the scales at Milan about 5 years ago. Was 3350lbs. with the heaviest wheel/tire combo on earth (TT2's 17x9.5 and 17x11), 3/4 tank of fuel, rear seat delete, spare delete and LM exhaust (no muffler). I estimate TT2's (+40lbs), extra 8 gallons of fuel (+60lbs), rear seat delete (-25lbs), spare delete (-20lbs) and muffler delete (-15lbs). 3350-40-60+25+20+15= 3310lbs. So completey stock with about 2-3 gallons of fuel, the race weight is approximately 3300lbs. If anyone asks I usually tell them my car is 250 to 300lbs lighter then a fully optioned SS or WS6 car.

On a side note I can't believe that my car is a full 500lbs lighter then the upcoming 5th gen!! Maybe GM will offer a stripper version of it?

black
    2001 Camaro SS

damn i could kick myself, i almost bought an 02 z28 1sc with your options jtsc23 and 16's. i could kick myslef, he wanted 10k for it and it had 50k miles on it... immaculate condition...but somethin was realy sketchy about it, and it was in miami, in a warehouse, being sold to me by a Cuban who wanted to ship it overseas but supposedly couldn't because if the engine size... right after another cuban told me not to buy a car from a cuban in miami... (i have nothing against cubans unless i am advised against dealing with cuban car dealers from miami by other cuban people..) so i didn't buy it to make a long story longer.. and the a$$hole kept my $300 i gave him to hold it while i drove 8 hours to get it... but fair enough
    Last edited by chevyss1234; 07-24-2008 at 08:19 PM.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

My old 95Z didnt have ANY power options at all. Was an M6 and fast as hell.

red

I know this is a really old thread but my car has 1sc and 1sz codes and is fully loaded 93 6 speed hardtop. A guy at the fbodie hideout said its just an option that the dealer ordered and that doesnt mean stripper. I have pics of my rpo codes but this doesnt have an attachment button on here. Thanks, I,m heading over to the new members section as this was my first post. Thank you.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Wow, back from the dead

Mine's a 98 1SZ
    Would anyone know how many of these were made in 98?
    Preston found some info on later years but mines a 98 and its an auto.

red

No, that guy was telling me that it wasnt anything special. Mine has the 1sc and 1sz and it has all the options. Power locks, windows, driver seat, cruise, air, tilt wheel, rear defog, trunk realease. It is a 6 speed hardtop. He said that was just a dealer ordered car option (1sc) and the 1sz meant putting packages together to save money. I would love to really know for sure whats up with these codes.

black
    02 vette vert

wasn't it the 1LE that was the actual no frills performance version on the LT1 cars, and B4C on the LS1? both of which were used for police pursuit?

black
    1999 ss

My no frills 99 SS (stripper)

I have not been on this site for a long time, probably because I have my 99ss for sale. I have not modified the drive train and I believe it to be original. It has some SLP options, M6, cloth interior, hardtop. 80K miles. It is not a perfect car but it is in really good shape, runs fantastic. I do not really want to sell but times are tough. My job location changed in July and so did my budget. My car does not have any creature comforts except AC and intermittent wipers ,thats it. Black with dark gray interior, 17x9 chrome SLP ZR1 wheels. Aftermarket stereo. I have the window sticker and it originally had the monsoon with cassette in it. I bought the car a few years ago on E-bay. I am the second registered owner. Anybody interested let me know. I am located a couple of hours north of Green Bay Wisconsin. The car goes into storage for the winter in a couple weeks. I would also trade for full size extended cab GM or Ford 4WD truck of equal or less value.Asking $8000. obo

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Mine might be but not 100% sure. Mine is no power locks/windows/mirrors. It's a 6-speed hardtop, only option is the factory body kit. No idea how much it weighs.

white
    2000 Z28

on the sticker on the door it will say 1sc if it is a stripper

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    on the sticker on the door it will say 1sc if it is a stripper
    or 1SZ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information