Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

anyone have a 1sc stripper z28?

they only weigh 3350 pounds which is pretty light for a fourth gen. i have a low option hard top and im going to shave weight which will include removal of power accessories, un-needed shit, so and so forth.

just curious who has an actual stripper model z.....
    Last edited by secondgearscratch; 06-20-2007 at 12:20 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

My best friend had one, 2002 Z28 T56.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

I use to have a '94 stripper Z. I sure miss that car.

A little FYI: My '98 Formula with full stainless steel (kooks/corsa) exhaust stock 16 in wheels, all power options and t-tops came in only 100 lbs heavier at ~3450. That is with absolutely no weight reduction. I even left the spare tire in, plus a couple of heavy things in the back seat.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    My best friend had one, 2002 Z28 T56.
    i just really like the concept of it, so im going to try my best to mimick it while still retaining the interior. i absolutely hate gutted street cars.....

hows it going by the way? wheres brooke burke man?

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    I use to have a '94 stripper Z. I sure miss that car.

A little FYI: My '98 Formula with full stainless steel (kooks/corsa) exhaust stock 16 in wheels, all power options and t-tops came in only 100 lbs heavier at ~3450. That is with absolutely no weight reduction. I even left the spare tire in, plus a couple of heavy things in the back seat.
    its not a big difference but if you consider what you have to do to trim 100 plus pounds off of the interior it can get tedious. thats cool that you had an lt1 stripper, didnt know they existed!

kooks/corsa!!! wow, thats awesome! probably set ya back a bit eh?

Madeche Vision...soon The Scientist's Avatar

NBM
    '98 Ram Air Formula

100 lbs is quite do-able in our cars, but if you think of doing the same thing to the stripper then it would defiantely be that much easier. My Z was hard top with almost no options, only power driver's seat and CD player.

Yeah, the exhaust set me back...alot! You won't believe how heavy the Corsa muffler is either! That probably offset the performace gains. lol

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I just read that the complete removal of the air conditioning system is worth about 100lbs. I live in Seattle, where it's not really a must have item, so I'm thinking about it. There's even block off plates to cover up the hole left by the unit available.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

AC removal helps performance wise too, less stress on the engine. But the thing is it doesn't help the V8s as much as the 4 bangers

Pewter
    2000 z28

i live in st. louis missouri where its 85 degrees in january and 40 in july. the ac stays. ive went through that hell with 3 other cars.
    i dont particularly care for power windows, locks, cruise control, traction control, or power steering for that matter. when you began car life without what has become necessity, anything after is excess in my opinion.

shaving weight is something that i just recently began to acknowledge as a smart thing. i figure that a new z06 weighs about 3100 and change, and if i could be within a hundred and fifty pounds or more then i wouldnt worry too much about running mid 11s. just a personal goal to shoot for.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    AC removal helps performance wise too, less stress on the engine. But the thing is it doesn't help the V8s as much as the 4 bangers
    a couple horsepower at best...

not as big of deal as people lead on.

i hear what youre saying though.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Z28

My Dad just bought one about a month ago, 02 m6 Z28. Only options he's got are leather and the hurst shifter. It came with some ugly ass '99 vette wheels though.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by slowagon View Post
    My Dad just bought one about a month ago, 02 m6 Z28. Only options he's got are leather and the hurst shifter. It came with some ugly ass '99 vette wheels though.
    its an actual 1sc? with leather? thats crazy!

tell him congrats, those babies are rare....

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i just really like the concept of it, so im going to try my best to mimick it while still retaining the interior. i absolutely hate gutted street cars.....

hows it going by the way? wheres brooke burke man?
    I loved his car, he had leather in it but that was it, complete stripper otherwise. Driving his was more fun than driving my own honestly. I like the concept of them myself and wouldn't mind acquiring one someday if given the chance.

Brooke will be back in due time, possibly a new pic of her though. I need more/better of your avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I loved his car, he had leather in it but that was it, complete stripper otherwise. Driving his was more fun than driving my own honestly. I like the concept of them myself and wouldn't mind acquiring one someday if given the chance.

Brooke will be back in due time, possibly a new pic of her though. I need more/better of your avatar
    forgot about that request, sorry about that. ive been busy for awhile and havent posted in a month or so.

i'll get the pics very very soon.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Whats this 1sc code? I don't have my original door jamb sticker, lost that when that tractor ran me off the road and door had to be replaced. I don't know any code but my car is a zero option 2000 a4 Z28 and another friend in my club has a M6 one. Manual everything, no trunk release, no cruise, no traction control, no fog lights, cloth interior, hardtop, standard non chrome rims. only difference in our cars is mine has a defroster is red and auto his is SOM had chrome rims and M6. One thing I found odd about mine was the WS6/SS spec orange DeCorbon shocks that came on the car stock.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    Whats this 1sc code? I don't have my original door jamb sticker, lost that when that tractor ran me off the road and door had to be replaced. I don't know any code but my car is a zero option 2000 a4 Z28 and another friend in my club has a M6 one. Manual everything, no trunk release, no cruise, no traction control, no fog lights, cloth interior, hardtop, standard non chrome rims. only difference in our cars is mine has a defroster is red and auto his is SOM had chrome rims and M6. One thing I found odd about mine was the WS6/SS spec orange DeCorbon shocks that came on the car stock.
    i believe the 1sc cars were only 6 speeds but im not 100%.

i have a low option hard top as well, which seems a bit rarer than t top cars lately. i just havent ever seen an actual 1sc car, and to be quite honest, ive only seen one other hard top z28 other than my own. weird.

to answer your question i really dont know if the 1sc is on the door jamb but i assume something to that affect would be. its kind of the same thing as an 02 anniversary ss being a 1le.

anyone know for sure?

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Then mine isn't it's just a stripped down auto, but Dennis's definately is. Plus his is SOM. Next time I get a chance I'll get some pics. I know its quick with full bolt-ons, tune DR's and 4.10's through cut-outs he has gone into the 11's I know for a fact.

black
    1998 WS6

I have an 02 and it weighs in at 3600 with me thats with full interior and 1/4 tank of gas. I also have a 99 1le car that weighs 3500 without the back seats a/c and no fire proof crap under the carpet from the front seats back. I weigh in at a healthy 270 so the 1sc cars are pretty stipped both cars are 6-speeds.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    its not a big difference but if you consider what you have to do to trim 100 plus pounds off of the interior it can get tedious. thats cool that you had an lt1 stripper, didnt know they existed!

kooks/corsa!!! wow, thats awesome! probably set ya back a bit eh?
    by buddy had a ta stripper car, it was pretty cool,

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i mean lt1 too sorry

Thread Information