Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

anyone got any b4c camaros?

This is a discussion on anyone got any b4c camaros? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by konigandy6 No one is fighting or arguing, just trying to get to the bottom of this conundrum. ...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    No one is fighting or arguing, just trying to get to the bottom of this conundrum.
    Some people learn the hard way.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but none of your story adds up at all. HYPOTHETICALLY, if your car did have an LS6, and everything else was OEM, there's no way you'd nail a 12.01. 04 Z06's were low 12 second cars with an average of around 1.90 60 foots. A 1.64 60 foot is not on a street radial tire... especially with 2.73 gearing.
    You see where we're all coming from? None of this is making any sense at all. Like 67CamaroRSSS said, complete LS6 motors were shipped to Bowling Green, KY NOT Oshawa Canada. The cost for GM would be huge.
    i got close with a 275 street tire..1.83 (3:73's though) cant prove it..lost my slip..
    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I have a map that states the Earth is flat...
    roflmao, and for that quote i would believe anything else you say.

quote of the week for me.

black
    2002 z28, 2001 B4C Camaro

if u go to this link it will show an tell u that the b4cs had a diff. tune from the factory. u have to scroll about half way down the page

The B4C, Z28 or Not?
    Last edited by zboy2012; 12-17-2010 at 01:20 PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by zboy2012 View Post
    if u go to this link it will show an tell u that the b4cs had a diff. tune from the factory. u have to scroll about half way down the page

The B4C, Z28 or Not?
    Not again *heavy sigh*

Please note that in the upper rh corner of the post there is a number (thus post is #64). Posts are numbered sequentially. Which post are you referring to?

FWIW, I know that jad628 is a LEO. Not sure about supercopone. Note that post #35 states nothing about the tune. Post #33 states different tune, shift, rev limiter and top speed. Please note that I previously stated that after delivery some cop shops dyno tuned them for max performance. All that #33 states can be performed during a dyno tune. They would have to have set them back to stock before they were resold to the public.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

the 35th ann. we had, had the 243 heads, yellow ls6 valve springs, ls6 cam, ls6 intake, car ran a best of a 12.01 with a DOT spinning very bad with a 1.64 60 foot, 2.73 gear
    So the Z28 equipped with the ENTIRE LS6 engine (internals and all), ran slower than an LS1 engine, only seperated by a tune and slightly taller gears? hmmm..... AND we're talking 12.0s and 11.7s? I mean come on man...

See my sig for my times... and mine is not stock... and it would wax my white B4C that has intake/exhaust/tune

ok so i am not on here to fight an argue with people so lets all just drop this subject cuz i am on here to have good time just like everyone else

Isn't this a car forum? Where we discuss cars? I can't remember the domain name, but it had something to do with... err... LS1s maybe? Not life. Thought that's what Preston told me...

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    So the Z28 equipped with the ENTIRE LS6 engine (internals and all), ran slower than an LS1 engine, only seperated by a tune and slightly taller gears? hmmm..... AND we're talking 12.0s and 11.7s? I mean come on man...

See my sig for my times... and mine is not stock... and it would wax my white B4C that has intake/exhaust/tune

Isn't this a car forum? Where we discuss cars? I can't remember the domain name, but it had something to do with... err... LS1s maybe? Not life. Thought that's what Preston told me...
    hey now he is just asking a question man lol

black

Not again *heavy sigh*

Please note that in the upper rh corner of the post there is a number (thus post is #64). Posts are numbered sequentially. Which post are you referring to?

FWIW, I know that jad628 is a LEO. Not sure about supercopone. Note that post #35 states nothing about the tune. Post #33 states different tune, shift, rev limiter and top speed. Please note that I previously stated that after delivery some cop shops dyno tuned them for max performance. All that #33 states can be performed during a dyno tune. They would have to have set them back to stock before they were resold to the public.
    #33 says it has a diff factory tune read the whole post

They have a diffrent factory tune, shift , rev limiter is diff and a higer top end speed. tht is wat post 33 says

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

A tune can only go but so far when all else is stock

Just to be sure, was that 11.7 a typo?

black

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    A tune can only go but so far when all else is stock

Just to be sure, was that 11.7 a typo?
    no it was not a typo we had a DOT drag radial on it

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

#33 says it has a diff factory tune read the whole post

They have a diffrent factory tune, shift , rev limiter is diff and a higer top end speed. tht is wat post 33 says
    And you know this is the absolute truth because?????

Please get this basic fact through your head (like I've stated twice already): They left the factory with the same tune (et al) as any other Z28 had.

What the state mechanics at the final destination did is exactly what you and I would do: SUPER TUNE IT!!!!!!

Can't you see this? Why would GM make a B4C any differently (tune wise) than a Z28?

All that supercopone stated can be accomplished with a basic dyno tune via HPTuners.

black

And you know this is the absolute truth because?????

Please get this basic fact through your head (like I've stated twice already): They left the factory with the same tune (et al) as any other Z28 had.

What the state mechanics at the final destination did is exactly what you and I would do: SUPER TUNE IT!!!!!!

Can't you see this? Why would GM make a B4C any differently (tune wise) than a Z28?

All that supercopone stated can be accomplished with a basic dyno tune via HPTuners.
    because it was a POLICE PACKAGE camaro

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

because it was a POLICE PACKAGE camaro
    Dude, you're either dumb as a post or totally adamant in your opinion. I suspect the later...

A POLICE PACKAGE Camaro merely denotes certain heavy duty options and a certain configuration to the interior. It has nothing to do with the tune!

black

Dude, you're either dumb as a post or totally adamant in your opinion. I suspect the later...

A POLICE PACKAGE Camaro merely denotes certain heavy duty options and a certain configuration to the interior. It has nothing to do with the tune!
    then y else wld he say the exact same thing i said

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

I give up. You're B4C is GOD'S car and can't be beat...

That being said, give me a couple of links and the move for $1,000?

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

woooooow i have never been so interested in a thread before!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

This is nuts, there is ZERO difference in the 01-02 B4C.. Period. No complete LS6, no special tune, notta, ziltch, zero.. If there is it was put there by someone OUTSIDE of GM, plain and simple.. This thread is a total fail.. Sounds like he's talking about some sort of interseptor package in which case it's the wrong era all together and the wrong car too.
    Unless there is documented proof you're all shooting yourselves in the foot here even argueing the point.. We're not going to change this guys mind so let him roll with it. I mean really we're talking about a hypothetical car that does not exsist and he does'nt have anymore.. I know it, you guys know it, we all know it..

Good luck kiddo..
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-18-2010 at 02:54 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Seems like this "B4C" thing comes up every year or so. There are so many out there now for sale. If people would just do some research and SEARCH on here and other sites, all the questions could be answered

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

if this car is a LS6.. lets see a picture of the casting numbers on the heads... and as stated before... there has never been a complete LS6 engine put in a f-body.. I have the same book also and have looked over it a number of different times and it does not state any were the book that they came with a complete LS6 engine.. and well if the car runs 11.7 stock.. well I'm up for a race.. I also live in IN and well I should be a little faster than that... and I have a after market cam...

black

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    This is nuts, there is ZERO difference in the 01-02 B4C.. Period. No complete LS6, no special tune, notta, ziltch, zero.. If there is it was put there by someone OUTSIDE of GM, plain and simple.. This thread is a total fail.. Sounds like he's talking about some sort of interseptor package in which case it's the wrong era all together and the wrong car too.
    Unless there is documented proof you're all shooting yourselves in the foot here even argueing the point.. We're not going to change this guys mind so let him roll with it. I mean really we're talking about a hypothetical car that does not exsist and he does'nt have anymore.. I know it, you guys know it, we all know it..

Good luck kiddo..
    i am not saying we had an 02 b4c i am saying we had a 2002 z28 an now we have a 01 b4c

black

Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    if this car is a LS6.. lets see a picture of the casting numbers on the heads... and as stated before... there has never been a complete LS6 engine put in a f-body.. I have the same book also and have looked over it a number of different times and it does not state any were the book that they came with a complete LS6 engine.. and well if the car runs 11.7 stock.. well I'm up for a race.. I also live in IN and well I should be a little faster than that... and I have a after market cam...
    what im tryin to say is that we have a drag radial on the car with a diff. tune

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information