Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

America Wide Cruise in Honor of new Camaro

This is a discussion on America Wide Cruise in Honor of new Camaro within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; this would be the route from where I am I know some mustangs did this and the discovery channel covered ...

silver
    98 ss camaro

this would be the route from where I am I know some mustangs did this and the discovery channel covered it they started in la and went to the same place lol I was tell my friend about this and he told me this so I mean I'm willing to change up the route if this doesn't work for some people and after the even we would continue the drive across the country.
    http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTEx...C%20IN%2046222

silver
    98 ss camaro

Everyone that is interested in this email me at slpgod01@hotmail.com i'm starting a mailing list on my email so people can be kept up to date as details come I've also sent the indianapolis speed way an email to get some more support for them i'll keep you guys posted everyone reach out to your friends and local forums have everyone email me and don't worry if this gets too huge for my hotmail I'll forward it all to my company email I can handle the volume.

White
    2000 Z28

I'm definately interested in joining in, i personally love the 5th gen. and the attention for f-bodys are always good. i'm down by cincy, ohio so if you run through/close to here i'll join up on the way to indy and i assume that anyone who's going on this cruise is heading to indy too right? send me an email about the details at chung.365@osu.edu, for some reason mine won't send out right but i can reply and recieve emails just fine.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Dang. I can't make that route, but if I could have I would have loved to. Good luck with it!

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Any chance on stretching a little farther North in the Illinois area. Perhaps Chicago? Yeaaaaaahhhh... That would be great.
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Great idea,,,would love to do it but have been waiting to commit since the route wasn't posted until recently.

Is this route written in stone yet???? Looks to be just basically following I-80 accross country. Been that way before. Kinda boring, epecially going accross Nebraska.

No offense but if you're open to suggestions I would rather take a more scenic route myself. I prefer using I-40 accross the lower states and stopping in at some of the historic route 66 restaurants for grub. Great sight seeing for real car guys that goes back to the roots, with excellent nastalgia backrounds for photos. I've done this drive in various states and can't get enough of it. Just an idea.....

You guys hitting Indy and then turning around?????

silver
    98 ss camaro

ROUTE IS NOT SET IN STONE!!!!! This actually was more or a suggestion so i'm trying to make this happen and so far i don't see anyone making plans but me So I'm plenty open to suggestions I'm getting a lot of pull from Chicago So I think we'll Roll to Chicago as and go straight down from there hit me please email me We got a lot of time to plan this out so if I need to drive a few hours out of the way to pick up 10 cars I'm down lets make this happen. Send me an Email with where you live around so we can plan this out and I'm ok with a more scenic route just let me know people these are some great ideas.

email slpgod01@hotmail.com

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Great idea,,,would love to do it but have been waiting to commit since the route wasn't posted until recently.

Is this route written in stone yet???? Looks to be just basically following I-80 accross country. Been that way before. Kinda boring, epecially going accross Nebraska.

No offense but if you're open to suggestions I would rather take a more scenic route myself. I prefer using I-40 accross the lower states and stopping in at some of the historic route 66 restaurants for grub. Great sight seeing for real car guys that goes back to the roots, with excellent nastalgia backrounds for photos. I've done this drive in various states and can't get enough of it. Just an idea.....

You guys hitting Indy and then turning around?????
    Good idea keep this stuff coming and My plan was cross county so I want to go coast to coast it's fine if you can't go the whole way havn't decided where to end at so any suggestions and if you can email the route on the 66 please so I can take a look.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

I'm thinking as long as everybody knows what day it's going down, if you get anywhere near the interstate then you will run into a zillion LSX cars! I want to see Camaros, 'Birds, Corvettes, Goats, even Mustangs out there. This sounds awesome!

Everybody should bring walkie talkies or use a CB Smokey and the Bandid style and everybody can keep a lookout for smokey!
    Last edited by hoss 2000 z-28; 04-03-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    Good idea keep this stuff coming and My plan was cross county so I want to go coast to coast it's fine if you can't go the whole way havn't decided where to end at so any suggestions and if you can email the route on the 66 please so I can take a look.
    I'll look that up and see if I can get it to ya. Basically Rt66 follows I-40 accross country.

What most car groups do nowadays is follow I-40 (because it's faster) and then pull off at various towns that run along Rt66 for food, motels, etc....there are still tons of old towns that are on Rt66,,,,that looks unchanged from the 50's,,,,it's just cool to say the least. Neon signs, old gas stations,,,great for backround shots. I love hitting the old restaurants like Roadkill Cafe near Kingman, AZ, these old food joints is where you will find some of the best food.

Sorry if it may not fit the theme of driving 4th gens, I'm kinda old school and dream of those days, try to go back and visit them whenever possible,,,lol.

I figured Californians would have been aware of Rt66 and it's history. It runs through Needles, California on the border,,,and through Arizona up around Kingman, Flagstaff etc.....Used for many movies over the years.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I'll look that up and see if I can get it to ya. Basically Rt66 follows I-40 accross country.

What most car groups do nowadays is follow I-40 (because it's faster) and then pull off at various towns that run along Rt66 for food, motels, etc....there are still tons of old towns that are on Rt66,,,,that looks unchanged from the 50's,,,,it's just cool to say the least. Neon signs, old gas stations,,,great for backround shots. I love hitting the old restaurants like Roadkill Cafe near Kingman, AZ, these old food joints is where you will find some of the best food.

Sorry if it may not fit the theme of driving 4th gens, I'm kinda old school and dream of those days, try to go back and visit them whenever possible,,,lol.

I figured Californians would have been aware of Rt66 and it's history. It runs through Needles, California on the border,,,and through Arizona up around Kingman, Flagstaff etc.....Used for many movies over the years.
    sounds like a good idea

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hoss 2000 z-28 View Post
    I'm thinking as long as everybody knows what day it's going down, if you get anywhere near the interstate then you will run into a zillion LSX cars! I want to see Camaros, 'Birds, Corvettes, Goats, even Mustangs out there. This sounds awesome!

Everybody should bring walkie talkies or use a CB Smokey and the Bandid style and everybody can keep a lookout for smokey!
    this was my next suggestion and when we get closer i'm going to put my number out to everyone that I have an email from to call and see where we're at and I will be posting updates from my laptop well my gf will be I'll be driving.

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

That is great to hear that people are interested in moving by Chicago.

I can do my best to get a following of people no on this board. It may have a few Mustangs in it, but regardless, I am on a board called Wolfpack Chicago, and I am sure most of them would join up somewhere and drop off just outside of state lines. Us Illinoisans have issues leaving our homeland. HAHA

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BlankinSShip View Post
    That is great to hear that people are interested in moving by Chicago.

I can do my best to get a following of people no on this board. It may have a few Mustangs in it, but regardless, I am on a board called Wolfpack Chicago, and I am sure most of them would join up somewhere and drop off just outside of state lines. Us Illinoisans have issues leaving our homeland. HAHA
    glad to hear just let me know again if you don't mind email me slpgod01@hotmaill.com so i can send you out updates on times and everything

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

In honor of the new camaro??
    I will go the other way thanks.
    I'd do it for the firebird

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I'd do it for the firebird
    Then come do it, just drive to honor your car too.

Looks like it is going to be in September some time and will be more of a drive around town with lights or something like that.

silver
    98 ss camaro

I got a few emails guys but I need to know more that's coming I trying to get chevron to sponor us and discovery channel to make a special but they're going to want to know that we have a major backing so lets get on this.

silver
    98 ss camaro

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    glad to hear just let me know again if you don't mind email me slpgod01@hotmaill.com so i can send you out updates on times and everything

sorry misspelled the email its slpgod01@hotmail.com only on l sorry. I have heard a lot of people say there down but only like 5 people have emailed me I need to know whos down you don't have to drive the whole way theres going to be a lot of people that hop on for a few hours and then jump off but it'll be all over so there will still be plenty of people.

White
    1999 Z28 Camaro

Think you can make the route swing through Alaska so I can join in?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information