Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Am I crazy or is this 2002 camaro really $43,000

This is a discussion on Am I crazy or is this 2002 camaro really $43,000 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by TransAm11973 yes its limited gmmg, but its only got 380 hp......and its ugly as sin. Paying ten ...

  1. #21
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    yes its limited gmmg, but its only got 380 hp......and its ugly as sin. Paying ten grand more than what the car was worth brand new for only 60 hp at the most is a joke. now if that thing was up in the high 500's to 600 I would say yes but for maybe 60 hp over stock no way.......and did i mention its ugly as sin
    I wouldn't be surprised if he paid $50k for it new.

  2. #22
    515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,702

    440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

    I would pay and extra 50 grand just for the lawn chairs it comes with! What a deal!

  3. #23
    Senior Member TransAm11973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in my Trans Am
    Posts
    2,630

    Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he paid $50k for it new.
    yeah your probably right, I just meant over stock.....just because a stock is like 33000 for 320-340 hp give or take...but this is 380hp for 43000,....and your right it prob was like 50 grand new for 380hp.........and thats even worse......and did i mention its ugly as sin..

  4. #24
    Member screaminbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Aurora, Illinois
    Age
    28
    Posts
    314

    White/Gold
    99 T/A sold/67 Firebird

    yah guys i just read the ad that were all commenting on and it says you can send the car in for a 700hp upgrade free

  5. #25
    Senior Member Z28Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, Ok
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,542

    Arctic White
    2000 Z28

    I can see paying that for a Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS. If it was personally signed by him which there are a few out there. The rest have a sticker signature. GMMG is a special edition just like Dick Harell. Heck Harell,Yenko and others did it back in the day. But 43k for a GMMG ... Nope sorry.

  6. #26
    Member Cronex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    367

    Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

    These cars are rare, thats why it is so high. Its GMMG's special edition SS package. Just like Carl Black's Blackbird's are rare Trans Am packages. (Which were also produced by GMMG.) They are one of a kind.
    Last edited by Cronex; 08-26-2008 at 12:45 PM.

  7. #27
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    UNC Charlotte
    Age
    29
    Posts
    600
    2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

    i live near dale earnhardt chevrolet and they auctioned off 1 of the intimidator ss camaros for $78,000 last yr........

  8. #28
    Member WARP211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    FairField, CA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    398

    RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

    Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    yes its limited gmmg, but its only got 380 hp......and its ugly as sin. Paying ten grand more than what the car was worth brand new for only 60 hp at the most is a joke. now if that thing was up in the high 500's to 600 I would say yes but for maybe 60 hp over stock no way.......and did i mention its ugly as sin
    Ugly hell no.. thats the best looking camaro they offered that year.. what are you smoking..!!

  9. #29
    Member fxgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    719

    Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by screaminbird View Post
    ok i was surfing the net for a new ls1 car and came across this i mean im a trans am guy but isnt alot for a 2003 camaro

    http://www.thecamarotrader.com/details.php?id=15138
    Any 2003 Camaro is going to bring BIG BUCKS

  10. #30
    Member fxgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    719

    Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    I can see paying that for a Dale Earnhardt Intimidator SS. If it was personally signed by him which there are a few out there.
    Can you imagine how much it would go for if he actually farted in the seats....

  11. #31
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    110

    Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by fxgs View Post
    Any 2003 Camaro is going to bring BIG BUCKS
    In my infinite wisdom, I say that the asking price is a great deal for a 2003 Camaro as it is extremely rare. #1 of 1.

  12. #32
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    Nice lookin car. I agree with the price. GMMGs are rare which mean $$$.

  13. #33
    Member Eric1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    853

    Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    soooo, a cam, LT's and tune on any z28 will give you 380hp...that guy is crazy. I know it's all Special and 1 of 50, but c'mon dude...
    A tune itself will get you 380 at the crank easily...

  14. #34
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    A tune itself will get you 380 at the crank easily...
    I dunno about that. I had to get a FAST intake and a lid AND a tune to get 380 at the flywheel.

  15. #35
    Member Eric1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    853

    Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

    I have read posts of Frost I think it was and he got 40 HP out of an LS1 with JUST a tune. So somethin is wrong with yours. So you only gained 30 HP at the crank with intake lid and tune? Sounds like you have more along the lines of an LT1.

  16. #36
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    I have read posts of Frost I think it was and he got 40 HP out of an LS1 with JUST a tune. So somethin is wrong with yours. So you only gained 30 HP at the crank with intake lid and tune? Sounds like you have more along the lines of an LT1.
    my car got 306 horsepower at the wheels with a lid and flowmaster exhaust. I got a Fast 78mm intake and a tune and it put down 323ish horsepower and 330 ft lbs. I put a cut out on the car and I'm pretty sure that added at least 8 more horses, seeing as I can feel a noticeable difference every time I open/close it.

    I also have an automatic.

  17. #37
    Member jambofla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northwest Florida
    Posts
    409

    Black
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by screaminbird View Post
    ok i was surfing the net for a new ls1 car and came across this i mean im a trans am guy but isnt alot for a 2003 camaro

    http://www.thecamarotrader.com/details.php?id=15138
    I'll sell you mine bought brand new with every option offered.
    345 HP SLP package, Bilstein Ultra performance suspension, special tire and wheel option, Black with all the mats still in the wrappers, key fobs, birth certificate, A4, with 90 MM FAST LSX intake and oringinal LS6 intake, Nick Williams TB, UMI SFC's, LCA's, PHB, Spohn Chrome Moly ADJ Tourque Arm and a ZEX wet nitrous system never hooked up for $25,000. 40,000 original babied miles.
    Gauranteed to pin you to the seat.

  18. #38
    Member fxgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Camp Hill, Pa
    Posts
    719

    Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by screaminbird View Post
    ok i was surfing the net for a new ls1 car and came across this i mean im a trans am guy but isnt alot for a 2003 camaro

    http://www.thecamarotrader.com/details.php?id=15138
    Quote Originally Posted by jambofla View Post
    I'll sell you mine bought brand new with every option offered.
    345 HP SLP package, Bilstein Ultra performance suspension, special tire and wheel option, Black with all the mats still in the wrappers, key fobs, birth certificate, A4, with 90 MM FAST LSX intake and oringinal LS6 intake, Nick Williams TB, UMI SFC's, LCA's, PHB, Spohn Chrome Moly ADJ Tourque Arm and a ZEX wet nitrous system never hooked up for $25,000. 40,000 original babied miles.
    Gauranteed to pin you to the seat.
    Sounds like a great car..........but it looks like the OP is looking for a 2003 Camaro......................

  19. #39
    BLKHWK Durango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Age
    47
    Posts
    881

    Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

    It's sold

    Did anyone noticed it was $38000 and it is sold

    Not an ordinary Camaro and It's good for us it makes our cars worth more money. I drive a Trans Am and love it but love the SS Camaro

  20. #40
    Senior Member TransAm11973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in my Trans Am
    Posts
    2,630

    Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

    back from the dead

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. crazy camaro donuts
    By F-my-body in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 12:08 PM
  2. 2002 mustang gt vs 2002 camaro
    By jrea42 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 07:07 AM
  3. Camaro does crazy stunt on highway
    By doberman 152 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 02:44 PM
  4. Crazy Stunt in Camaro
    By KyleLs1 in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 09:07 AM
  5. 2002 T/A WS6 vs 2002 Camaro Z28/SS
    By cbo0485 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 08:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •