Am I being realistic?

This is a discussion on Am I being realistic? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So I'm in the market for a Z28. I've been preapproved for a loan for a 2000, and I'm waiting ...

Am I being realistic?

So I'm in the market for a Z28. I've been preapproved for a loan for a 2000, and I'm waiting to see how much insurance is going to be before I start my search.

I want a bone stock, NBM/Silver/Black, auto, 3.23-geared, hardtop, around 50,000 mile Z. I'd like to pay about $10k, and there's no way I could go higher than $12k. Am I going to have a hard time finding something like this? I've been watching prices on Autotrader and Ebay and it seems like people are looking for more.

And while I'm at it, how hard would it be to find the exact car, but as a 2001? I'm sure I could get a loan for that year just as easily, and it would be nice to have a newer one, even if it's only a year.

Thanks for any help.

millenium yellow
    2002 corvette Z06

well my uncle just sold his.... 98Z28 M6 w/50Kmiles.

the car had 4:10's, b&m shifter, HPP3, lid, etc... 315rwhp for $10K

there are deals out there.... but id pay more for less miles.

good luck.
    315rwhp 98 SILVER Z28 (3500lbs)- SOLD
    400rwhp 99 HUGGER SS (3375lbs)- SOLD
    340rwhp 02 YELLOW Z06 (3040lbs)

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

$10,000 for a 2000 Z......i dunno bout that. You may get lucky, but now that it's warmer outside all the dealers are bumpin the prices up. i bought my 99 SS in feb of last year for $12,000 and 18,000 miles. it was a deal and i could'nt pass it up.
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

you should be able to get a pretty nice ls1 for 12k. I would try finding one from a private party rather then from a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird
    you should be able to get a pretty nice ls1 for 12k. I would try finding one from a private party rather then from a dealer.
    Well on that note, has anyone had issues with titles from a private party? When I was talking to the banker for a loan, she was pretty adamant that I find a car from a dealer so that I don't have to go through any crap with getting the title from the owner's bank, or if someone else's name is on the title, or something to that effect. I figure I'm going to be searching everywhere anyway, and I'd really hate having to pay dealer markup.

And thanks for the replies so far.

Awaiting Activation
    I think you could find a nice LS1 for that price. Its not that hard to find cheap A4 cars. Go on autotrader and set the distance thing to like 200 miles - that what i did and it was worth the drive. Drove 180 miles from Chicago into Michigan to get my '99 Z28 6spd with 60,000 miles for $10,500. Private party is the way to go. You can find the best cared for cars that way. Mine was owned by a chevy mechanic! Amazing condition compared to the dealer cars i was looking at.

As for the title i had a good experience with that too. The seller had the title in hand and all i had to do was sign the thing and then some stuff at the currency exchange. Very easy - the guy sold me the car on his lunch break! Thats how quick and easy it was!

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Seller had title in hand for me too. I registered the car and at the same time changed the title over too. With a loan out, you will go pay sales tax and register the car. Then the you give the title over too and most states mail it too your bank. Dealers suck. Private party is where it's at. You get better deal and you get to talk to the owner about it. Some used car dealer is gonna lie his ass off about how great the car is and the 50 year old owner traded in for a vette. Shit they don't know where the car came from. They prolly bought it at a dealers auction.

sunset orange
    02 SS M6

I paid 21,500 for mine out the door from the dealer. little much but it was in great shape with 24,000 miles. "owned by an old guy who was meticulous about care" anyway i ended up getting theguys number and talking to him. he told me about a small area that was fixed on the rear quarter panel and that he really didnt want to get rid of it except he had to pay some bills. take your time looking. youll get something ur happy with. Try to stick to original owners. most had to be older to afford em new. less likely of gettin beat. good luck

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

15,500, 98 ss vert with 43k, all bolt ons, 100 shot, 12 bolt you name it it has it pretty much. the best advice for the whole title deal is find someone with the title in hand, then go from there i went through ebay it self, for my loan which is really hsbc financial, it is like a credit card. if you go through there they will give you the guide lines. mine was 98 or new under 80 k miles. up to a certain amount aswell. check it out low rates to, for a used car.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    Well on that note, has anyone had issues with titles from a private party? When I was talking to the banker for a loan, she was pretty adamant that I find a car from a dealer so that I don't have to go through any crap with getting the title from the owner's bank, or if someone else's name is on the title, or something to that effect. I figure I'm going to be searching everywhere anyway, and I'd really hate having to pay dealer markup.

And thanks for the replies so far.
    The bank won't cut the check without the getting the signed title in hand....and anyone in their right mind won't give you the title without the check...so you and the owner will have to go to your financer together after you decide to buy it. Get approved first and get as much of the paperwork done as you can before you bring the owner in....that way it'll be quick and painless.

For my credit union there was certain criteria that had to be met for the loan....are few are the car can't be financed over it's blue book value, it couldn't be a salvaged title and it had to of been smogged in the last 90 days.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    The bank won't cut the check without the getting the signed title in hand....and anyone in their right mind won't give you the title without the check...so you and the owner will have to go to your financer together after you decide to buy it. Get approved first and get as much of the paperwork done as you can before you bring the owner in....that way it'll be quick and painless.

For my credit union there was certain criteria that had to be met for the loan....are few are the car can't be financed over it's blue book value, it couldn't be a salvaged title and it had to of been smogged in the last 90 days.
    some true, i have the title in my name car is no where paid off, i gave him a check he gave me the notized title and i was on my way. only thing is that it was out of state. from fla to cleveland ohio. check into the ebay financing.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11
    some true, i have the title in my name car is no where paid off, i gave him a check he gave me the notized title and i was on my way. only thing is that it was out of state. from fla to cleveland ohio. check into the ebay financing.
    Sounds like you got a personal loan and not a auto loan. The reason the interest is lower with auto loans is because they have your car(title) as collateral. Personal loans the interest is usually higher and it takes a higher credit score to get one because that's all the bank has on you for leverage is your credit score.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Sounds like you got a personal loan and not a auto loan. The reason the interest is lower with auto loans is because they have your car(title) as collateral. Personal loans the interest is usually higher and it takes a higher credit score to get one because that's all the bank has on you for leverage is your credit score.
    nope it is auto i was supposed to put the title with a lean with there name on it oops. anyway i still say check it out it's not that bad.

sunset orange
    02 SS M6

Dont know where u live but look on delawareonline.com I think there was a 99 with 35,000 on the clock in the 10's. saw it in the paper. worth a call

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...4&aff=newsjour
    Last edited by ErikElvis; 05-19-2006 at 10:20 AM.

Artic White
    2001 Z-28

I got my z/28 from a dealer in NJ. It was the only one within like 800 miles that was a M6, leather, t-tops. It only had 39,000 on the clock and looked clean. It had some small paint issues. The front bumper was spidered but I have a freind who owns a body shop and he did it for my old truck. I paid 14,200. She is a beauty and I love her!!! My bank said it had to be a 2000 + from a dealer. The day I bought my car it snowed!! Good Luck with the hunt bro!

Thread Information