Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Almost Cried

This is a discussion on Almost Cried within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by predator i want to find you.... and strangle you... if i had your car (which i would ...

Onyx Black, M6
    2002 Berger Camaro SS #86

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    i want to find you.... and strangle you... if i had your car (which i would be making a serious payment on it if i did have it) there is no way i would daily it... and if i got it given to me I would have definately taken $200 a month and buy a daily...

No hard feelings, but damn dude a Berger SS... park that shit and take it put like 3000 miles a year on it at most...

Hell go buy a black z28 and clone your car... no on will give you shit about it... if they do just tell them to come back to your place and youll show them something special...

-me
    haha, so much resentment for no reason. not like i'm going to drive it into the ground or something, and it has mileage low enough to daily drive for 3 years at regular mileage and THEN store it to potentially resell it with very low mileage still (if I even had intentions of ever selling it). It will be babied, and driven probably around 6000 miles in a year, and eventually stored mostly. I'm sure I will end up buying a dd sooner than a year, it snows in Indiana. And frankly, what is the point of having the car if i cant enjoy it some before it goes on the shelf?

I will be sure to post some pics the first time i get her to the strip predator

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierSS02 View Post
    haha, so much resentment for no reason. not like i'm going to drive it into the ground or something, and it has mileage low enough to daily drive for 3 years at regular mileage and THEN store it to potentially resell it with very low mileage still (if I even had intentions of ever selling it). It will be babied, and driven probably around 6000 miles in a year, and eventually stored mostly. I'm sure I will end up buying a dd sooner than a year, it snows in Indiana. And frankly, what is the point of having the car if i cant enjoy it some before it goes on the shelf?

I will be sure to post some pics the first time i get her to the strip predator
    I can't help but agree with you for the most part....if I had a Berger SS, you would bet I would drive that SOB just about every day (of course, the snow is not near as bad down here in the OK). I could care less about what it's worth, for me that would be a dream car, and would never be sold....ever. I would have that car buried with me. Oh the irony, who in Oklahoma would bury a car lol.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    lving in seminole, working in shawnee, going to school in ada...

I'm moving to shawnee after this semester is over though because I'm transferring to OBU
    that's oklahoma baptist university right? that's where my girl wants to go after HS. seeing as a lot of people in this thread are from oklahoma we all need to take one big road trip to ada and watch getzen get that thing and take pics
    Last edited by TmaxicanA; 03-25-2008 at 11:33 AM.

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    that's oklahoma baptist university right? that's where my girl wants to go after HS. seeing as a lot of people in this thread are from oklahoma we all need to take one big road trip to ada and watch getzen get that thing and take pics
    yeah oklahoma baptist, it's supposed to be a great school.

but's it's going to cost me an arm and a leg....

I need to request a regional thread for ok to the mods, we've got quite a few now

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

yeah oklahoma baptist, it's supposed to be a great school.

but's it's going to cost me an arm and a leg....

I need to request a regional thread for ok to the mods, we've got quite a few now
    there is a site called OKGMP.com they have get together and stuff someone else on here who lives in norman told me about them...i think the OK LS1.com people should have get togethers to..im tired if hanging out with the imports on the weekends

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

there is a site called OKGMP.com they have get together and stuff someone else on here who lives in norman told me about them...i think the OK LS1.com people should have get togethers to..im tired if hanging out with the imports on the weekends
    If you guys would ever be interested in coming up this way, Tulsa Raceway Park has the Midnight Drags....I have been hoping to get a bunch of LS1 people together to dominate at least once. It's laid back, and a lot of fun, and most of all, it's pretty cheap....just make sure you got all the safety stuff they require to get on the track, depending on your ET's. www.tulsaracewaypark.com I believe has all the details. Sorry, don't mean to steal your thread, I just thought I'd chime that in.
    Thanks

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

nws

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    If you guys would ever be interested in coming up this way, Tulsa Raceway Park has the Midnight Drags....I have been hoping to get a bunch of LS1 people together to dominate at least once. It's laid back, and a lot of fun, and most of all, it's pretty cheap....just make sure you got all the safety stuff they require to get on the track, depending on your ET's. www.tulsaracewaypark.com I believe has all the details. Sorry, don't mean to steal your thread, I just thought I'd chime that in.
    Thanks
    my boss goes out to tulsaraceway once in awhile with his yellow "ms. daisy" chevelle I have wanted to g there instead of Tunder valley but just wasn't crazy about the drive...now that I have some heads for my car though I was thinking of taking her up there this summer after that and the cam is in ..well maybe some radials to lol but yeah we al do need to get together sometime and hang out have some friendly trash talk with some mustangs

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

my boss goes out to tulsaraceway once in awhile with his yellow "ms. daisy" chevelle I have wanted to g there instead of Tunder valley but just wasn't crazy about the drive...now that I have some heads for my car thought I was thinking of thing her up there this summer after that and the cam is in ..well maybe some radials to lol but yeah we al do need to get together sometime and hang out have some friendly trash talk with some mustangs
    The only bad part about the trash talk is that most of the fox body mustang drivers are my friends lol....so the trash talk is an everyday thing...they've got mooooooney in their cars too, that's why they all run anywhere from 11.2 to 8.06 in the 1/4....I'll let you guys know who not to race for money lol, don't let them tell you their cars are slow. They are REALLY good at making them look stock, and slamming the doors on everyone.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

I run into enough fox's on the northside on saturday nights along with sleepers .i can for the most part tell a BSer and I don't mean saying the cars are slow ..just ford VS GM talk either way sounds like it would be a lot of fun

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

I run into enough fox's on the northside on saturday nights along with sleepers .i can for the most part tell a BSer and I don't mean saying the cars are slow ..just ford VS GM talk either way sounds like it would be a lot of fun
    Yeah, I enjoy Ford vs. GM talk...because they can't win. Most of them have chevy engines in their Fords, so what can they say? And LS motors are becoming more and more advanced...anyway, save that talk for the track. I think we could get a bunch of people together, almost have an F-body car show at the raceway. I reallly want to see Y2K's car in person, up close

Black
    2000 T/A

a bunch of us are supposed to be heading to thunder valley on friday. a bunch of guys from edmond.
    but they're all in imports, like vr4's, sti's, g35s shit like that, but they're all into the 12's

I'm not running mephisto for awhile...she's having rear end issues

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

a bunch of us are supposed to be heading to thunder valley on friday. a bunch of guys from edmond.
    but they're all in imports, like vr4's, sti's, g35s shit like that, but they're all into the 12's

I'm not running mephisto for awhile...she's having rear end issues

I've never been to Thunder Valley....but I've heard terrible things about the track. Is it that bad?

Black
    2000 T/A

I've never been to Thunder Valley....but I've heard terrible things about the track. Is it that bad?
    yes, good luck getting traction there.....

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Yeah, I enjoy Ford vs. GM talk...because they can't win. Most of them have chevy engines in their Fords, so what can they say? And LS motors are becoming more and more advanced...anyway, save that talk for the track. I think we could get a bunch of people together, almost have an F-body car show at the raceway. I reallly want to see Y2K's car in person, up close
    he lives in oklahoma to?

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

yes, good luck getting traction there.....
    Well, Saturday after I get my new tires mounted, I will take pics of the old ones to show you why that wouldn't matter to me....as it stands, I could't get traction if I had a 500 pound sumo in the back hatch lol

Black
    2000 T/A

Well, Saturday after I get my new tires mounted, I will take pics of the old ones to show you why that wouldn't matter to me....as it stands, I could't get traction if I had a 500 pound sumo in the back hatch lol

I'm in the same boat right now.... I walked out to my car this morning and my front passenger tire isn't holding air it's so bald....

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Well I would join in the Thunder Valley festivities, but 1.) That's a pretty good drive for me B.) I will have my son, and no matter if he has a helmet, 8-point harness, space suit, etc. they won't let me on the track with him in the car haha......and Tres.) My tires don't come in til Saturday.

Black
    2000 T/A

yeah that is quite a ways for you.

we all need to set up a date for going to tulsa speedway

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

yeah that is quite a ways for you.

we all need to set up a date for going to tulsa speedway

I will look up the dates for the Midnight Drags, see what the majority of people can make it to.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Midnight Drag Rules
    Tulsa Raceway Park’s Midnight Drag program is geared toward letting beginners enjoy the thrill of drag racing. It is also the perfect setting for the more experienced enthusiast who would like to test performance modifications. Newcomers should refer to the Drag Racing Basics for more detailed information about the structure of the quarter mile and preparing for that first run. Junior Dragsters may not compete during Midnight Drags.

Midnight Drags are open to both cars and motorcycles. Following are some basic rules, which must be adhered to. Additional information regarding
    Safety/General Rulesshould be read, as well as the current IHRA Rule Book.
    Cars & Trucks:
    • <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">No bald tires allowed. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Open exhaust not allowed <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Seat belts are required <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Overflow can for radiator <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Battery hold down bracket <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">.400 Pro Tree using manual start<LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Vehicles must comply with safety and equipment requirements as outlined by the current IHRA Rule Book. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Nitrous oxide permitted and must be installed according to the provisions outlined in the current IHRA Rule Book. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Factory (OEM) installed computers allowed, but no lap top computers are allowed while in competition. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Valid state driver’s license required. Learner’s permits are not acceptable. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Helmets (Snell 90 or newer) required for all vehicles running 13.99 or quicker.
    • Drivers are required to wear long pants, a shirt, socks and shoes.
    Motorcycles:
    • <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Open exhaust not allowed. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">.500 Full Tree using manual start. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Vehicles must comply with safety and equipment requirements as outlined by the current IHRA Rule Book. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Nitrous oxide permitted and must be installed according to the provisions outlined in the current IHRA Rule Book. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Valid state motorcycle operator's license required. Learner's permits are not acceptable. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Full face Snell M90 or newer helmet required. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Leather jacket and gloves. <LI class=MsoNormal style="COLOR: black">Over the ankle leather shoes or boots.
    • Leather pants required on all motorcycles running either 10.99 or quicker or 120 MPH or faster.
    Kill switch and lanyard required on all motorcycles running 10.99 or quicker or 120 MPH or faster.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information