Thread: Ahem!!!!!

soon to be T.A. owner

Ahem!!!!!

i gots a quick question fellas...

is the SS and Z28 thing kinda like the Ws6 and T/A thing?

SS has the suspension upgrades am i right?

o and another question.. which car is cheaper (if any difference) out of the Z28 and the T/A? or SS and Ws6??

im bored and i dont know shit so thanks to whoever might answer these questions

BIGRED Z
    There's not any difference in blue book on a Z28 or an SS. But new, the SS is more.

Blue book does make a distinction between the WS6 and the regular TA. Also, pontiacs book higher than the camaro's.

I own one of each, so at some time or another, I've checked all this stuff out. Currently trying to sell the Z.

Lori

black
    2001 camaro ss conv.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED Z View Post
    There's not any difference in blue book on a Z28 or an SS. But new, the SS is more.

Blue book does make a distinction between the WS6 and the regular TA. Also, pontiacs book higher than the camaro's.

I own one of each, so at some time or another, I've checked all this stuff out. Currently trying to sell the Z.

Lori
    I just did a retail value on a 2001 camaro convertible on KBB.com. It came up with $19,100 for the SS and $16,600 for the non SS (Z28), same options, miles on both. So it would seem you are mistaken about there being a difference in blue book for a Z28 and an SS.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

and yes, the SS has upgraded suspension as compared to the Z

Black
    1998 Trans Am, 2007 TB SS

Engine-wise, there is no difference. SS and WS6 have the suspension upgrades and ram air. That's it.

soon to be T.A. owner

Quote Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
    Engine-wise, there is no difference. SS and WS6 have the suspension upgrades and ram air. That's it.
    cool beans but is the SS cheaper than a regular T/A because there are more of the chevys out there or what??

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

In most cases, yes, the SS will be cheaper than a WS6 because Pontiac is a higher up model line in the GM line up than Cheverolet is. However the difference is not that great. Couple thousand max if that.
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

also depends on where you live. in some areas of the country an SS or Z may go for more than a TA or WS6

soon to be T.A. owner

ahhh.. well thanks for the answers guys.. i think if i can find an ls1 SS/Z28 for cheaper than a Ws6 or Trans-am i may have to go with it..

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by willstoyz View Post
    I just did a retail value on a 2001 camaro convertible on KBB.com. It came up with $19,100 for the SS and $16,600 for the non SS (Z28), same options, miles on both. So it would seem you are mistaken about there being a difference in blue book for a Z28 and an SS.
    I use NADA. So do the banks. Oh and the dealers use NADA too. You decide which one you wanna use.

black
    2001 camaro ss conv.

I use NADA. So do the banks. Oh and the dealers use NADA too. You decide which one you wanna use.
    Ok, I used NADA and came up with $16,075 retail on the Z28 vert and $17,700 on the SS vert.

BIGRED Z
    Strange, I'm looking at the printout of mine and it says it the title, "Camaro Z28/SS 35th anniversary." There was no distinction between the two. Then it lists the 3 different price points, low, average and high retail.

Lori

black
    2001 camaro ss conv.

Blue book has the SS as an option, which will increase the value. All SS models are Z/28's but not vice versa.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

but i'm sure the dealers mark their shit up. they may use NADA as a base price. but that's rarely the asking price.

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt0704 View Post
    but i'm sure the dealers mark their shit up. they may use NADA as a base price. but that's rarely the asking price.

Yes those damn dealers would sell their own mother's if it meant making a dime!

Lori

Thread Information