Thread: Advice

Navy Blue
    2002 Z28 A/4

Advice

Im currently trying to purchase some rims for my SS and was C6 but am not sure what size also want to paint brake calipers what color should i use, my maro is black. All suggestions welcomed

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Depends on what you want.. Do you want wider in back and not as wide in front, worried about weight? I like the even look all around, some like the staggerd. The calipers depend on the other mods on your car. If the SS is red on the side, red normally looks good since they offset each other. I went for more of a stealth look and did my calipers in black on my silver car..then my rims are the black Z06 motorsports with enough polished areas to blend well with the silver car. I feel each car has somthing different and it all depends on what blends well on each car and makes it a whole package.

Navy Blue
    2002 Z28 A/4

I dont have any worry's about weight or anything like that I'm strictly appearance. I was thinking 18" Chrome C6 rims and red calipers but not sure

staggerd?. "If the SS is red on the side" Do you mean the letters because if so yes.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I think by "staggered" he means larger wheels in the rear. Thing about that is it makes it much harder to rotate your tires.

And if the SS letters on the side are red, yeah, then red would look good on the calipers. I saw a car on here done like that, it looked very good.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

i just got done painted the calipers on my Black SS, black. I have the chrome Zr-1 rims and wanted to keep a lowkey color behind the wheel. that why i went with black. i will take some pics and posat them up for you later.

i went to Autozone and for $15 bucks they have a Caliper Kit that you can buy. that's what I used and they turned out great. Prep the calipers well and you should be happy with the results as well...

Navy Blue
    2002 Z28 A/4

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    I think by "staggered" he means larger wheels in the rear. Thing about that is it makes it much harder to rotate your tires.

And if the SS letters on the side are red, yeah, then red would look good on the calipers. I saw a car on here done like that, it looked very good.
    Oh ok

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The best options would be black, polished or red(if you want them to stand out or match your suspension). I would try to keep all your accent colors to 1 or maybe 2.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Navy Blue
    2002 Z28 A/4

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    i just got done painted the calipers on my Black SS, black. I have the chrome Zr-1 rims and wanted to keep a lowkey color behind the wheel. that why i went with black. i will take some pics and posat them up for you later.

i went to Autozone and for $15 bucks they have a Caliper Kit that you can buy. that's what I used and they turned out great. Prep the calipers well and you should be happy with the results as well...
    Looking forward to the pics.. Black or Red is easily one of the best colors I can go with but I just want to hear other F'body owners opinions. One reason I was kind of leaning towards red is because I bought some black Camaro SS decals.

Thread Information