Thread: About the EGR?

blue
    99 camaro ss

About the EGR?

I have a 99 SS and was reading threads on the site and came across EGR, and I was wondering if anybody had some info on this subject, and I have read that you can take off the EGR, would I benefit anything from removing the EGR?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

more or less it just cleans up the engine bay. Realistically there's not much to be had there HP wise and unless you get a tune and have the EGR timing adder zero'd it can be counterproductive. installuniversity.com has a write up on trimming the tube back so it doesn't protrude into the intake if you wanted to get what little gains are there without removing it.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    more or less it just cleans up the engine bay. Realistically there's not much to be had there HP wise and unless you get a tune and have the EGR timing adder zero'd it can be counterproductive. installuniversity.com has a write up on trimming the tube back so it doesn't protrude into the intake if you wanted to get what little gains are there without removing it.
    Yeah like Orion said just remove it. I had mine go bad and the shop wanted $400 to replace it so I just did the EGR delete and had it tuned out and never had another problem out of it. It's just one more thing to fix if it goes bad and it will once you get over 75k or at least mine did.

blue
    99 camaro ss

thanx I will get rid of it before i get the tune.

Thread Information