Thread: ???

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Exclamation drive shaft

okay so a couple of you said that the pst drive shaft you liked an i think im going to go with it but i have stock rear end an will need the conversion. well i called texas driveshaft spe. an they are saying that they can build one better that will fit my stock rear end were i dont need the conversion but i plan on doing the rear end next so i would rather go with the conversion

so you guys who do have this drive shaft can you tell me you set up an all the goods an how you like it an how hard was it to take the u joint out to put the new conversion in?

an were did you guys order it from thanks
    Last edited by 99ss; 01-29-2010 at 04:19 PM.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

give it more than 8 hours...most of our more technical guys are on in the mornings

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have the Moser 9" with the pst drive shaft on my vehicle. No issues. The PST, although aluminum, have been tested to 1200HP at the track.

I don't know if any sponsors on the forum sell pst or not. I purchased mine from EPP.

The only thing you have to think about or may have some difficulty with is a drive shaft safely loop. B/c the PST is aluminum and weighs less, it is 3.5" in diameter, which is bigger than the stock OEM drive shaft at 3". I know they make some to fit, but just something to consider.

As far as the yoke, I have the 1350 series, which is what the 9" comes equipped with.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

it comes with the 1350 an that mounts in the tranny dosent it? not the rear end the rear end is just u joints im wondering about the u joint i have to use for the stock rear end an the new pst drive shaft because the drive shaft is different size to the rear end

Thread Information