Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

99 z28 184000 miles??

This is a discussion on 99 z28 184000 miles?? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Lethal Z Well Im gonna go against the grain here. It depends on the car. Yes 184K ...

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    Well Im gonna go against the grain here. It depends on the car. Yes 184K is a lot of miles, but what kind of condtion is the car in? My car has 175K on the clock and is in exellent conditon. It runs like a bat out of hell, eats SRT's for lunch. It doesn't smoke the interior is almost perfect, zero leaks and has been extremly well maintained. Its got some really nice bolt ons and is a weekend car and sleeps in the garage. There is no way in hell I would let it go for $3500 bucks. I think its premature to say well its got high miles so it must be a piece of crap and not worth anything. Don't get me wrong make sure your getting a good deal, make sure you do some looking around. I've seen cars with a lot less mileage than mine in a lot worse condtion. This car may not be worth $5k but depending on who owned the car you may be getting a deal if you can work out a fair price.
    Some very good points, but your car is not the norm. I am sure there are high mile cars out there that are in good shape.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Of course. Many of our cars get driven to hell and back and even with under 50k miles, could run and simply be a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    Well Im gonna go against the grain here. It depends on the car. Yes 184K is a lot of miles, but what kind of condtion is the car in? My car has 175K on the clock and is in exellent conditon. It runs like a bat out of hell, eats SRT's for lunch. It doesn't smoke the interior is almost perfect, zero leaks and has been extremly well maintained. Its got some really nice bolt ons and is a weekend car and sleeps in the garage. There is no way in hell I would let it go for $3500 bucks. I think its premature to say well its got high miles so it must be a piece of crap and not worth anything. Don't get me wrong make sure your getting a good deal, make sure you do some looking around. I've seen cars with a lot less mileage than mine in a lot worse condtion. This car may not be worth $5k but depending on who owned the car you may be getting a deal if you can work out a fair price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information