Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

705 hp and 717 lb-ft torque LS9 Hennessey HPE700 C

This is a discussion on 705 hp and 717 lb-ft torque LS9 Hennessey HPE700 C within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ...

red
    1998 z28

705 hp and 717 lb-ft torque LS9 Hennessey HPE700 C

705 hp and 717 lb-ft torque LS9 Hennessey HPE700 Camaro

HENNESSEY PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING ANNOUNCES LIMITED EDITION 705 HP LS9 POWERPLANT FOR THE 2010 CAMARO

Extreme Performance Makeover Transforms the 2010 Camaro from Muscle Car to Super Car!

SEALY, TX Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE), well known for their extreme performance sports cars and muscle cars, announces their Limited Edition 2010 HPE700 Camaro.

At the heart of the beast is GM's new LS9 supercharged V8 tweaked as only HPE could to 705 horsepower and 717 lb-ft torque. To qualify as a supercar under the HPE banner it can't just go, it has to whoa. With optional 15 inch carbon brakes from the stunning new Corvette ZR1, light weight HRE wheels with Michelin PS2 tires and full suspension upgrades the HPE700 Camaro will be able to make full use of its new found power.

In addition to the power and handling upgrades., Hennessey will also be offering an exterior aerodynamics package to improve downforce at high speed. Penned by British designer, Steve Everitt, Hennessey's Cam-Aero body upgrades include: Carbon fiber rear lip spoiler, carbon fiber side rocker panels, carbon fiber front splitter, front fascia with hideaway-look headlights and front billet grille. Completing the look of the HPE700 is a ZR1 inspired hood design with window showing off the Hennessey's tweaked LS9 powerplant.

"The HPE700 Camaro allows our customers to combine supercar power and performance with classic American muscle car looks in a modern, daily-drive usable sportscar with a backseat and a trunk!," said John Hennessey, President and CEO of Hennessey Performance Engineering. "We will be announcing other Hennessey turnkey vehicle packages for the 2010 Camaro in the near future along with an extensive list of aftermarket performance parts and accessories. But for now, the LS9-powered HPE700 Camaro, replete with ZR1 inspired looks and performance promises to be at the top of the American muscle car food chain later in 2009.

HPE700 buyers will also receive a 1-day performance driving course at Lonestar Motorsports Park a mile dragstrip facility located adjacent to Hennessey's 24,000 square foot production facility and showroom.

Hennessey is offering the first HPE700 Camaros exclusively to registered bidders at the 2009 Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ. Orders can be placed at the Hennessey display at the show or by phone or email beginning Tuesday, January 13 through Sunday, January 18, 2009. On Monday, January 19, 2009 the HPE700 Camaro will be available to the general public and can be ordered from select Chevrolet dealers as well as directly from Hennessey Performance Engineering.

Base price for the 2010 HPE700 Camaro is $109,500.

Located just west of Houston Texas at the Lonestar Motorsports Park complex, HPE has been building American supercars for nearly two decades with its Veyron-beating Venom Vipers, Ford GT's and recently released Dodge Challengers.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

holy crap

Black
    1999 Trans Am

cant see it being worth over a hundred grand but i definitely take it.....names really catchy....ls9 hennessey camaro

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

So its a copy of a ZR1, carbon fiber trim, same rims, motor, and brakes, for 100k just get a ZR1, but hey, whatever floats your boat

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

I'd rather have the LS9 camaro than the ZR1. It just looks like a raw muscle car. It would be around the same straight line speed too.

Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

that's boo-tee-full.... but for 100 grand??? I'd have to re-think that....

2000 Camaro SS, M6, Edelbrock LT's, Eibach Pro-Kit, Edelbrock Adjustable Coil-Overs
    1986 Camaro Iroc LS1 Swap In Progress

Blue Magic...
    Like Pepsi It's A Brand Name...

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

thats fuggin beautiful... I think this looks better than the zr1, but thats just my opinion

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Anybody that would pay that much for a car that has NO stats on the actual performance of it..i.e. skid pad #'s, 1/4 mile times, 0 to 60 times, top speed etc.. would be a fool! We all know what the ZR1 is capable of before you plunk down that kind of cash, but the Camaro would weigh more, probably not handle as well, even with the upgrades, and not be slippery enough to touch the top speed of the Vette.
    If it could beat the Vette, you just KNOW they'd be advertising it!

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Anybody that would pay that much for a car that has NO stats on the actual performance of it..i.e. skid pad #'s, 1/4 mile times, 0 to 60 times, top speed etc.. would be a fool! We all know what the ZR1 is capable of before you plunk down that kind of cash, but the Camaro would weigh more, probably not handle as well, even with the upgrades, and not be slippery enough to touch the top speed of the Vette.
    Agreed! But do you think GM would want to put an emphasis on a vehicle that would out run their new "fastest production car" ever built. I know it's an aftermarket company, but even using GM parts, they would never let that fly!

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

hmm call me crazy..but i think HPE should stick to mopars...i hate the fact they do ford too...HPE do mopar, saleen,roush do ford..and burger etc do GM

98' trans am

do we know if those numbers are fly or wheel..if its fly then i dont think the maro will be able to stick with the vette.. vette's rated at 638 and 604..meaning should be around 548hp and 520 lb-ft to the wheels...and weighs in at 3,350.... this hpe maro is 705hp and 717lb-ft so 606.3hp and 617 lb-ft to the wheels weighing in at 3913(SS specs) plus some for all the added features etc...so the maro will be close to the performance of the vette...the big draw here is trunk and back seats that the maro has...but with a tune and headers the zr1 pulls close to 600 to the floor ..and on top of that..the vette's powertrain,drivetrain, and suspension has been carefully tuned for the zr1 to cut great times..on track and course...i dont know if the same can be said for the hpe camaro.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    do we know if those numbers are fly or wheel..if its fly then i dont think the maro will be able to stick with the vette.. vette's rated at 638 and 604..meaning should be around 548hp and 520 lb-ft to the wheels...and weighs in at 3,350.... this hpe maro is 705hp and 717lb-ft so 606.3hp and 617 lb-ft to the wheels weighing in at 3913(SS specs) plus some for all the added features etc...so the maro will be close to the performance of the vette...the big draw here is trunk and back seats that the maro has...but with a tune and headers the zr1 pulls close to 600 to the floor ..and on top of that..the vette's powertrain,drivetrain, and suspension has been carefully tuned for the zr1 to cut great times..on track and course...i dont know if the same can be said for the hpe camaro.
    Well isn't the new Camaro IR suspension? If so that should help slightly in cornering but it will be no where near that of the Corvette. Muscle car vs. sports car.... plus as you stated, the Vette's weight and center of gravity and aerodynamics have to play a HUGE roll in the competition.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

sounds like a badass car. Has anyone seen or read anything about the new gt500 with 725hp? I was reading about it last night a little bit.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    sounds like a badass car. Has anyone seen or read anything about the new gt500 with 725hp? I was reading about it last night a little bit.
    they put a gm pushrod engine in it ? no i havent..i love the looks of the KR etc..but i dont like them as performance cars..they have a different vibe to them then most other sports cars/muscle cars..they are like a soccer mom or a rich non car guy car to ME....but i bet they will haul ass

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Nice car but I'd rather buy a house with that money.

black
    99 z28 a4

sooo bad ass...

white
    2000 Z28

well i got the house all i need is a toy and dd. dare i dream so early lol

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    they put a gm pushrod engine in it ? no i havent..i love the looks of the KR etc..but i dont like them as performance cars..they have a different vibe to them then most other sports cars/muscle cars..they are like a soccer mom or a rich non car guy car to ME....but i bet they will haul ass
    lol yea, it hit tens but all had a pair of slicks on the back from the pics

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    i will call him a wealthy mf that probably doesn't care what he spends his cash.

black
    2000 camaro ss

im with the milkman on this one. let lingenfelter or burger or even slp do something like this. I read somewhere rousch was tweaking new silverados? stick with what you know go build a viper. id take the zr1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information