Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

69 Z28 at work

This is a discussion on 69 Z28 at work within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I love it. I always wanted a 69!...

White
    1988 Iroc-Z

I love it. I always wanted a 69!

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Looks like a "put together" car to me. With hidden headlight (aka rally sport package) but it's missing the correct taillights and tailpanel to be a correct rally sport.
    As you mentioned Yenko badging and Z28 emblems clash, it's either one or the other.

And for the record, they made 19,000 something Z28's in 69,,,not exactly rare, but as you mentioned, one of the most cloned cars (even if done incorrectly) in existance.

I fixed your post for you by the way
    Sorry, 20,302 Z/28's were made in 69

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOOII View Post
    Sorry, 20,302 Z/28's were made in 69
    Ya knew the number was big, Been a while since I've researched anything on the car,,,I've got a real deal RS Z that I'm gearing up for a frame off resto on.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS

Ya knew the number was big, Been a while since I've researched anything on the car,,,I've got a real deal RS Z that I'm gearing up for a frame off resto on.
    Sounds cool, I had a 69 Z/28 way back when and sold it when my dad passed away in 1984, I have tried and tried to locate it, who knows it might pop up on one of these sites

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOOII View Post
    Sounds cool, I had a 69 Z/28 way back when and sold it when my dad passed away in 1984, I have tried and tried to locate it, who knows it might pop up on one of these sites
    Thanks, but it's been rather expensive gathering all the date coded parts, not to mention a headache. It was missing a few small key pieces but the big important stuff is there.

I thought you used to be able to do a vin search to see if the car is still around?? It was inexpensive to do. Maybe that service isn't offered anymore???

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS

Thanks, but it's been rather expensive gathering all the date coded parts, not to mention a headache. It was missing a few small key pieces but the big important stuff is there.

I thought you used to be able to do a vin search to see if the car is still around?? It was inexpensive to do. Maybe that service isn't offered anymore???
    All I have is the license number and a idea of where it is

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

I think this car is an excellent example of what not to do to a '69 Camaro.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by gjb View Post
    I think this car is an excellent example of what not to do to a '69 Camaro.
    You'd think so. I hope he did this to a beater 6 or a base model V8. It's a shame when someone does stuff like this to an SS or dealer Super Car.

OTOH, it's his to do with as he likes. Stuff like this appears all the time over on Team Camaro (which is a mostly 1st gen site I belong to). They even have a separate Pro Touring/Street and G-machine section.

One of my friends is in the process of turning his 6 banger 67 Camaro into an LM7 (5.3L LS based truck engine) T56 combo.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 08-14-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Black
    35th SS M6 - 9010mi

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    You'd think so. I hope he did this to a beater 6 or a base model V8. It's a shame when someone does stuff like this to an SS or dealer Super Car.

OTOH, it's his to do with as he likes. Stuff like this appears all the time over on Team Camaro (which is a mostly 1st gen site I belong to). They even have a separate Pro Touring/Street and G-machine section.

One of my friends is in the process of turning his 6 banger 67 Camaro into an LM7 (5.3L LS based truck engine) T56 combo.
    I agree with you; it's his to completely destroy as he sees fit and he did a great job of it.

Even if it were a 6, so many of those have been cloned to 8's that they're very rare too. I just think it's a shame.

Wanna build a straight line car? Build it from re-popped stuff. Don't mess with originals.

This is all my opinion; I know others don't see the harm and I respect that.

G

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Nice lookin' car. Funny how you can put up pictures of a car like that and don't have to do any 'splainin' about what it is

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information