Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

'69 camaro pics

This is a discussion on '69 camaro pics within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by hutch1999 man i hope they dont rip you off for 6900 bucks Having done this before in ...

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    man i hope they dont rip you off for 6900 bucks
    Having done this before in the past, i already know the deal...

I'll post updated pics after i receive the car..

One of my biggest concerns before buying the car was finding out who makes hand-controls for a old Camaro, as most of you know from reading my Intro I'm paralyzed from the waist down and require hand-controls for the throttle n brake, once i confirmed that the hand-controls were available it was a no-brainer at that price....the gas and brake foot-pedals will be removed so i can stretch my legs out w/o blocking the gas or brake..the hand-control linkage attaches to the brake n gas levers just above the foot-pedals..
    It's possible for me to drive a manual transmission car but it requires a lot of mods, these people specialize in that area; http://www.rediautosport.com/

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

i would do that car

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I would almost anything for that car

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I would almost anything for that car
    you aint right...lol

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Let us know when they deliver it.

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by Olde Skoole View Post
    Thank-you, as much as I've been thru i think i deserved this one...

This car is not very practical for me but i couldn't pass it up at that price, i told him i wanted both the '62 Impala and the Camaro but the '62 was already gone......damn.
    Oh well, i'm pretty stoked right now and want to see how the 12:1 engine performs on pump-gas before working on the ignition..
    Anybody know if there is enough material on the 12:1 piston dome that i could mill it w/o sacrificing strength...?
    I could install thicker head-gaskets but then I'm increasing quench which is undesirable.
    The only way to substantially lower the compression on the 720hp version is to change the pistons for the 620hp units because all 572 heads have 118cc chambers, it's either 9.6:1 or 12:1...choose your weapon.
    That car is sick. Congrats. to you.

Don't even think about running pump gas in that engine. 12:1 requires at least 100 octane, prob. more.
    As far as milling the domes, if you're gonna go through the trouble to tear it down (for milling), why don't you just swap the pistons for the 9:1s?
    JIGGER RACIN'
    2000 Camaro SS, vert., auto., LS6 intake manifold, SLP lid, K&N filter, SLP LoudMouth II, C5 Z06 replica 17x9.5 rims
    1/4 mile time = 13.310 sec. @ 105.22 mph, 2.051 60'

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2939958

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...amarolaeft.jpg

That car is sick. Congrats. to you.
    Yeah, it's sick...a little too sick

Don't even think about running pump gas in that engine. 12:1 requires at least 100 octane, prob. more.
    he didn't tell me a whole lot about the engine, from the pics it appears to custom built, it wouldn't surprise if the pistons had thermal coatings on em...
    it's possible to run a 12:1 motor on 93octane but you gotta have no more than .040" quench area (piston to head clearance), if the block has "zero" deck height then the compressed thickness of the head-gasket provides sufficient clearance, the closed-chamber heads also help to curb detonation, optimum air/fuel ratio (12.5:1) thru-out the powerband and computerized timing controls also come into play.
    When i spoke with him he said it runs on pump-gas so maybe he is mis-informed about the static CR..or the engine is just really tricked out.
    As far as milling the domes, if you're gonna go through the trouble to tear it down (for milling), why don't you just swap the pistons for the 9:1s?
    Well, it's like this....the 9.6:1 (620hp) units are $800/set from GM, add a needless over-bore to the price and we're over $1200 in parts/machine work, another $150-200 in gaskets and such....
    Milling the domes (if feasible) reduces the price to roughly $300 in machine work plus gaskets, not to mention the needless over-bore..
    I'm just going to have to play it by ear and my see if my knowledge can tame the beast.
    I allocated $3,000 to any engine/drivetrain mods that are needed to make the car truly streetable, I wont mind tearing it down if needed but I'm very resourseful on the same note.
    Now that i've learned a bit more about methanol injection and realize it's benefits i may have a chance to test it's worth...
    Whatever it takes, i'll make it happen.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

I hope you picked the shipping company and the seller didn't. It could be a scam, the seller may not exist and the "shipping company" could be the scammer...good luck hopefully it works out, it's a hell of a car.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post
    I hope you picked the shipping company and the seller didn't. It could be a scam, the seller may not exist and the "shipping company" could be the scammer...good luck hopefully it works out, it's a hell of a car.

^ I agree it all seems fishy to me. Usually when a deal seems too good to be true -it is. I just have a very hard time believing that car is being sold for $6900.00 I hope it works out as well.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

No Kiddin, best of luck man. You have more balls that I do for buying that car sight unseen!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Thats why I questioned him from the beginning. I really hope its not a scam

Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

If it isn't a scam...this will be the first time I've ever seen that this exact scenario has actually produced a happy buyer, who got a car from one of these "deals". It sure reads exactly like the ones that don't ever produce anything but a wishful buyer who's just given away a bunch of cash and has nothing to show for it though. Please don't tell me that the shipping was "free"...That's a dead giveaway of a deal that isn't going to happen since it'd probably cost almost what the car "sold" for to ship it here.

Hopefully, you are the one in a million guy who lucked out...but I wouldn't be too happy until car is in your driveway.

After visiting the "shipper's" site, I am even more skeptical of a good outcome in this deal...
    Last edited by rel3rd; 12-19-2007 at 04:58 PM.
    2002 Silverado Z71 ECSB HPTuners tuned by yours truly
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 6.0, 4L80E, Rear mount Turbo, etc...
    webpage: http://www.fquick.com/rel3rd/

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

It sucks, the money is probably in Nigeria right now, and the car is still on the internet where the "seller" found the photos.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I hope it works out, but i think this guy is about to get "F'd in the A"

retired racer not 4 long chevy1966's Avatar

red white
    1999 z28 vert 1998 z28 ht

Quote Originally Posted by Kamauxx View Post
    It sucks, the money is probably in Nigeria right now, and the car is still on the internet where the "seller" found the photos.
    I think you are probrobly right. But for his sake I hope I am wrong. If it works out for him I sure will be jealous though.

you guys were right....i think
    i backed out of the deal after doing a search for the shipping company and came up with nothing, the shippers website listed a office in coral gables, fl
    but after calling 411 and doing a white pages search i came up with nothing again...
    This is/was a VERY elaborate scam.....the one phone number listed on the shippers site worked and when i called nobody answered, 5 min later my phone rings and some guy says "i'm returning your call...he didn't say he was from ATW....no business is going to use caller ID to return a missed call.
    The email that contained the shipping company web page had 2 links that worked, but when i typed the same URL into the address bar....NOTHING
    As far as the internet and 411 was concerned this place doesn't exist, that was enough for me.
    Why would a guy ship a car from london to the US and back to london only to sell it in the US....WTF
    It's been said before and i will repeat it....................
    IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS!
    Oh well, any body got a hot car with a automatic for less than $10,000...

Cranberry Red
    1971 Chevelle SS 402

Glad to hear you are still in possession of your money.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

man im glad you didnt get F'd in the A. Im sure if you look in cars for sale section on here you can find something nice for 10,000.

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Check cars.com and search the 82' and older section. I found a bunch of nice Chevelles on there a couple days ago.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Glad you didnt get f*cked. That car for $6900.00- nope. Prolly just a picture of a car they got off the net somewhere. No worries though man- for 10 gs you can find a jewel I bet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information