Thread: 60' after ms4

2002 z28 camaro

60' after ms4

i went to the track for the first time with my ms4 cam, and before the cam my 60' was 1.67, now with the cam the best 60' i was able to get was a 1.72? but i did pick up .2 and 4mph in the 1/8 mile. i have a 3600 fuddle stall, i am thinking maybe i need to upgrade to a 4000 stall? any help?

Sounds like you have the right idea. That MS4 is getting large for a little 346,,,,,probably likes alot of rpm,,,with an auto it would require a pretty loose converter,,otherwise the engine may feel a little soggy down low. Which may account for the slight loss in 60 foot times given all other variables stayed the same.

2002 z28 camaro

i am trying to decide if the tci 4000 with 2.7str or fuddle 4000 with 2.4str would better? witch one would be looser?

I believe the 2.7 STR would be the looser of the 2 converters given the same stall rating.
    I personally would give Fuddle a jingle and see what they recommend for the application you have.

I have had better luck with custom converters built for the application rather than off the shelf stuff. I believe TCI may do custom stuff as well.

I'm personally not a fan of TCI stuff, had a big problem with one of their transmissions that they wouldn't rectify,,,and I have found their off the shelf converters on the tight side compared to what they advertise them as. So I'm probably the wrong person to ask about TCI.

Ever since I have had custom converters done and couldn't be happier. I have primarily dealt with Cone,,,but I have recently ordered a fuddle for my LS1 and I'm anxious to give that a shot.

red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am

i have a vig. stall from precision industires in my T/A custom built of course and couldn't be happier with the quality and feel of the converter

2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by pulaski_ls1 View Post
    i have a vig. stall from precision industires in my T/A custom built of course and couldn't be happier with the quality and feel of the converter

how much did it cost?

Thread Information