Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

5th Gen for only 56k euro!!!

This is a discussion on 5th Gen for only 56k euro!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; sooo, finally the new camaro hit german soil. drove by a large gm dealership yesterday and there they stood: three ...

  1. #1
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    5th Gen for only 56k euro!!!

    sooo, finally the new camaro hit german soil. drove by a large gm dealership yesterday and there they stood: three ss's for 56,400 euro each. that's 80,500 $ at the current exchange rate. they also have a yellow sixbanger for 10k less. somehow i think i'm gonna keep my zee for a while longer... but they are really sexy cars.





    cellphone pics, my apologies.

  2. #2
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    I've never seen the rims on the black one...those are sexy

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ossian, Indiana
    Posts
    149

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS--SOLD

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    I've never seen the rims on the black one...those are sexy
    i believe those are the 21" option wheels that are retardedly expensive

  4. #4
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Wow 36,000 over here. I bet bmw's and audi's are way cheaper than compared to here.

  5. #5
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Wow 36,000 over here. I bet bmw's and audi's are way cheaper than compared to here.
    that's the thing: i don't really think so. the manufacturers are fucking the cusomer in all imaginable ways, and prices are the most interesting positions. i can re-import a vw or audi from denmark or the netherlands and it'll be cheaper than buying one from a german dealer. cars are generally cheap in the states.
    audi tt rs starts at 56,000 euro in germany.

  6. #6
    Turgid Member Goat-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida by way of Da' Burgh
    Posts
    390

    Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    that's the thing: i don't really think so. the manufacturers are fucking the cusomer in all imaginable ways, and prices are the most interesting positions. i can re-import a vw or audi from denmark or the netherlands and it'll be cheaper than buying one from a german dealer. cars are generally cheap in the states.
    audi tt rs starts at 56,000 euro in germany.
    Now tell us how much gasoline costs so we can faint.

  7. #7
    Member JAGUAR5822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Age
    32
    Posts
    247

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

    Just order one here in the states and pay $4k to ship it over.

  8. #8
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGUAR5822 View Post
    Just order one here in the states and pay $4k to ship it over.
    seriously.

  9. #9
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGUAR5822 View Post
    Just order one here in the states and pay $4k to ship it over.
    i am so thinking about that!?!

  10. #10
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    Now tell us how much gasoline costs so we can faint.
    around 1.30 euro/liter today. seven bucks / gallon. (but mind the weak dollar!)

  11. #11
    Member JAGUAR5822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Age
    32
    Posts
    247

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    i am so thinking about that!?!
    If you need someone to buy it here first so that it's a private sale to you, just send me the cash and I promise to put less than 50 miles on it and keep it in the garage until the shipping company picks it up. If it makes a difference, at least you get a better quality driving experience for your fuel, I had family stationed at Rammstein and I always enjoyed taking long drives out there when I came to visit.
    Last edited by JAGUAR5822; 08-14-2009 at 04:59 AM.

  12. #12
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGUAR5822 View Post
    If you need someone to buy it here first so that it's a private sale to you, just send me the cash and I promise to put less than 50 miles on it and keep it in the garage until the shipping company picks it up. If it makes a difference, at least you get a better quality driving experience for your fuel, I had family stationed at Rammstein and I always enjoyed taking long drives out there when I came to visit.
    thanks for the offer. but i'm actually not that far ahead in the decision process... yet.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NY
    Age
    34
    Posts
    193

    yellow
    02 Collector Edition TA

    They must give you horrible looks over there driving a V8 sports car and paying 7 bucks a gallon. That's like driving an H2 over here.

  14. #14
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit02 View Post
    They must give you horrible looks over there driving a V8 sports car and paying 7 bucks a gallon. That's like driving an H2 over here.
    there are quite a few hummers here... but yeah, first question is always "what's the gas mileage?"

  15. #15
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    My car gets 8 gallons per rev and runs off the souls of foresaken children-muahahahahahaha!
    That's what I tell people at gas stations-they won't beleive my car gets better mpg then there suv so why not just mind fuck them for fun right?

  16. #16
    Turgid Member Goat-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida by way of Da' Burgh
    Posts
    390

    Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    around 1.30 euro/liter today. seven bucks / gallon. (but mind the weak dollar!)
    $7.00 a gallon American. And we got all weepy when it went to $4.80. Reality is little more than a perception and that dollar isn't gettin stronger any time soon! Guten tag Herr Hamburger!

  17. #17
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    $7.00 a gallon American. And we got all weepy when it went to $4.80. Reality is little more than a perception and that dollar isn't gettin stronger any time soon! Guten tag Herr Hamburger!
    Guten Abend Herr Ziege !

    compared to western europe, gas has always been cheap in the states. that's the main reason we generally have smaller (engined) cars, and that diesel is so popular here.
    right now i'm looking really forward to good money value during our vacation in florida.

  18. #18
    Turgid Member Goat-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida by way of Da' Burgh
    Posts
    390

    Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    Guten Abend Herr Ziege !

    compared to western europe, gas has always been cheap in the states. that's the main reason we generally have smaller (engined) cars, and that diesel is so popular here.
    right now i'm looking really forward to good money value during our vacation in florida.
    I've been to Europe and know this all too well. My girl and her friend were just over there last summer (Could they have picked a worse time for the exchange rate?! I think the dollar was worth about .48 cents compared to the English Pound and not much better compared to the Euro) If you are down around Hollywood stop by and I'll gladly buy you a Weizenbock (if available) although I a have proclivity towards Belgian stock.

  19. #19
    This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    2,517

    Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat-E View Post
    I've been to Europe and know this all too well. My girl and her friend were just over there last summer (Could they have picked a worse time for the exchange rate?! I think the dollar was worth about .48 cents compared to the English Pound and not much better compared to the Euro) If you are down around Hollywood stop by and I'll gladly buy you a Weizenbock (if available) although I a have proclivity towards Belgian stock.
    belgian beer is nice!
    i'll be at the gulf coast, but i've been to lauderdale and miami a couple of times. i like hollywood beach, it's not as "chique" and a lot quieter than lauderdale by the sea. more normal folk there, too.

    edit: and i got a souvenir: i bought my hypertech tuner at redline performance in hollywood!
    Last edited by hamburger68; 08-14-2009 at 03:50 PM.

  20. #20
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGUAR5822 View Post
    If you need someone to buy it here first so that it's a private sale to you, just send me the cash and I promise to put less than 50 miles on it and keep it in the garage until the shipping company picks it up. If it makes a difference, at least you get a better quality driving experience for your fuel, I had family stationed at Rammstein and I always enjoyed taking long drives out there when I came to visit.
    Yeah, I'd only put 50 miles max on it too..... 1/4 mile at a time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Euro Trip in the TA
    By iam_dale in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 11:34 PM
  2. Euro Vette!???!?!?
    By LSCyaL8R in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 01:02 PM
  3. Are these too euro?
    By oneBADDz in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 10:00 PM
  4. From euro to muscle...
    By V8Splash in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 03:49 PM
  5. Euro lights What a Joke
    By LUGNUTT in forum Sponsor Feedback
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 10:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •