Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

5th gen never coming out?

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

My ole 02 is lookin better & better ! With no car note I'll be able to afford a tank or two every now and then .

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Very possible it could be axed.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

I agree i thought it was bs from the title but that thing makes sense... ahhh if it gets axed... our cars will sky rocket! in price!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I never had any intention of buying one anyhow. I don't want to afford driving mine now. It costs me almost $100 a week in gas, nitrous, and entrance fees to race at the track. I'm still in the tuning stages.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

it'll come out i wouldn't worry too much about it.

gm has spent millions in development and advertising already and if they don't come through for the purists they will not only loose their ass in what they've put into the project but they will lose customers which will hurt them even worse.

cut the line altogether...no.

scale back production numbers...yes.

rapter34
    Man im glad i got a hold of a pavment pounding gas guzzling bad-ass car before we all turn into flower dancing panzies.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I bet that if we were to invade a top 3 ranked oil producer with an output of 3.14 million bbl. a day our gas prices would surely fall.
    Last edited by ezwip; 05-22-2008 at 01:07 AM.

black / black
    '91 Z28 / '10 SS

Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    Man im glad i got a hold of a pavment pounding gas guzzling bad-ass car before we all turn into flower dancing panzies.

good one.

Probably they gonna shoot the ones who owned a car like this...

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

if gm wants it they can do it. i mean my m6 gets around 20-21 city and 26+ hwy! whats a nother few mpgs for the new camrao? Think about it my car is 8 yrs old. i say put the engineers to work and bring it back!!!

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    I bet that if we were to invade a top 3 ranked oil producer with an output of 3.14 million bbl. a day our gas prices would surely fall.
    we need to come down on these money grubbers!!! last year the top 5 companys made a combined 125 billion profit!! thats 25 bill a peice! but they said we invested 11.5 million in new feul sources. thats peanuts! these A-hole need to give us a break. does the Gov not see they are a monopoly! i fill a stick in the rear every time i hit the pump. atleast some one should give me a reach-a-round like every 5th fill up!

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by jbb6811 View Post
    if gm wants it they can do it. i mean my m6 gets around 20-21 city and 26+ hwy! whats a nother few mpgs for the new camrao? Think about it my car is 8 yrs old. i say put the engineers to work and bring it back!!!
    yup, gm has always been known for better gas mileage, more horsepower (in most cases), and higher resale than ford or dodge, the only thing that will hurt gm now is that they are starting so late in the game, it's gonna be hard to catch up.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by jbb6811 View Post
    we need to come down on these money grubbers!!! last year the top 5 companys made a combined 125 billion profit!! thats 25 bill a peice! but they said we invested 11.5 million in new feul sources. thats peanuts! these A-hole need to give us a break. does the Gov not see they are a monopoly! i fill a stick in the rear every time i hit the pump. atleast some one should give me a reach-a-round like every 5th fill up!
    HAHA. The government is the assholes behind the raping you take at the pump.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS # 5,876

Ya i think maybe that they will bring it out for maybe one year and very limited numbers... just to make the customers happy and things or maybe bring it out till 2012... thats what i think... by 2012 they will discontinue it to meet the 35 miles per gallon law...

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

I don't think the author took into consideration what CAFE really is... Corporate Average Fuel Economy. He's talking about how impossible it would be to make a V8 achieve 35mpg by 2012. Well, because CAFE is dealing with *average* fuel economy, the V8 Camaro doesn't have to! Yes, it's fuel economy will probably be short of that. I'm guessing 30hwy would be reasonable considering Active Fuel Management cylinder deactivation. But, the point is GM will have the Volt, Aveo, and the like making well over 35mpg to offset the V8 Camaro. So GM will still meet the Corporate Average Fuel Economy standards. For that matter, I'm thinking the V6 sales volume will be much greater than the V8 so talking about V8 fuel economy is almost negligable.

I do see GM pulling the plug on the redesigned GTO and scaling back some of their larger sedans because the demand won't be there. but I don't see GM pulling the plug on the Camaro. In fact, GM is literally banking on the Camaro being a home run.

On another note, have you guys looked at the Volt? I'd like to have that for my commuter car! It looks really good and could get me to work and back without using any gasoline.

http://www.chevrolet.com/electriccar/

Everybody needs to calm down, especially the author of that article. Yes, oil is skyrocketing, along with the prices of gas, but as a nation, we are simply not at a standstill. Alternative fuels such as biodiesel and other's are slowly making they're way onto the scene, along with completely alternative fueling such as electricity. The time for change is now, and the Saudi's are simply fu**ing themselves, because oil is all they have, and soon the demand won't be there for it. If you ask me, I'd rather see the electric powered Chevy Volt hitting the streets before another version of the Camaro. Just think of the possibilites fella's...;

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    Just think of the possibilites fella's...;
    Lemme help ya a little with that, Click Here, Then Here....
    Last edited by Street Lethal; 05-22-2008 at 07:47 AM.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

I for one think the new Camaro kinda looks like shit. They tried too hard to make the 69 era car match todays styles. And those god aweful wheels with no backspacing whatsoever. Fuck it they can keep all of them. I'll stick with my 4th gen.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

I just thought of something... What if solar panels were an option on the roof of the Volt? While you are at work the solar panels could re-charge the car batteries. Or maybe on a long road trip the solar panels could greatly increase the electric only range.

What if while you were at home you could hook the volt into a dead battery and using the solar panels you could store extra power and feed it into your house? Or better yet, sell it to the electric company?

Sorry, this is way off topic...

^ Detecting an abundant amount of sarcasm here lol....

The point, is that the Camaro has gone through some changes throughout the years. It wouldn't be too feasible to believe that the Camaro wouldn't be considered for such a fuel management system. The Volt already has the F-Body "look", and an F-Body version of an electric car is definitely a better possibility from a futuristic standpoint, than a gas guzzling engine, from a CAFE perspective of course....

Edit: Just realized I'm trying to talk rationally with a hillybilly from Kentucky....
    Last edited by Street Lethal; 05-22-2008 at 08:34 AM.

Thread Information