Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

5th gen never coming out?

This is a discussion on 5th gen never coming out? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Street Lethal ^ Detecting an abundant amount of sarcasm here lol.... The point, is that the Camaro ...

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    ^ Detecting an abundant amount of sarcasm here lol....

The point, is that the Camaro has gone through some changes throughout the years. It wouldn't be too feasible to believe that the Camaro wouldn't be considered for such a fuel management system. The Volt already has the F-Body "look", and an F-Body version of an electric car is definitely a better possibility from a futuristic standpoint, than a gas guzzling engine, from a CAFE perspective of course....

Edit: Just realized I'm trying to talk rationally with a hillybilly from Kentucky....
    No sarcasm here. And there's no reason for the insult , I think you were reading too much into my post. And if you were going to edit your post at all I figured it would be in fixing that sentence of yours in the red. But thankfully I am from Kentucky which means I can decode Hillbilly... even the Jersey Hillbilly dialect.

I was never in a debate or conversation with you or anyone on this thread, just posting ideas and comments related to CAFE and the 5th gen.

As for your rationale in possibly introducing E-REV technology to the Camaro nameplate, I don't know about that. In theory it is a good idea to keep the car in production, but by this point I think it would be so far removed from what the Camaro was intended to be, this concept should evolve into a new identity / nameplate. Some of us F-body guys don't even like that there are V6 Camaros diluting our credibility. An E-REV Camaro would be blasphamy. If they go that route, GM should kill off the Camaro for good and introduce a new model from the ground up.

I definitely see a market for a sporty electric...

Tesla Roadster anyone? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Roadster

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    Man im glad i got a hold of a pavment pounding gas guzzling bad-ass car before we all turn into flower dancing panzies.
    +1.....

i look 10 years in the future and see myself saying "back in my day...." as i drive around in my 50hp car that runs off of a "big block" 20 volt battery. or maybe i'll just spend my paycheck on gas every week.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Good.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that article is like 2 years old...

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Insert View Post
    +1.....

i look 10 years in the future and see myself saying "back in my day...." as i drive around in my 50hp car that runs off of a "big block" 20 volt battery. or maybe i'll just spend my paycheck on gas every week.
    I say keep your 4th gen and park a Volt right next to it. That's what I want to do.

Volt stats are something like 160hp and top speed of 120. Not bad at all for a green machine.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

WOW!! All this hype and all the push backs in the realease and it could possibly be x'ed?!!? Makes my 02 value go up...I would have loved to see that car out on the road and possibly even own one...but I would rather have the last of the breed. GM for ya, should have thought that one through all the way. Hey could they make the new Camaro Fuel Flex???? Not that I would want it that way but if they can make Tahoes and others cars Fuel Flex I imagine they could do the same...on second thought it would probly be better not to have one at all then.
    Last edited by SAGGIN; 05-22-2008 at 02:06 PM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Quote Originally Posted by rapter34 View Post
    Man im glad i got a hold of a pavment pounding gas guzzling bad-ass car before we all turn into flower dancing panzies.
    me too, well said

Phantom black
    2003 Monaro

Guys there are some factual comments that are plain wrong in this article. For eg. the G8 is actually made here in Australia based on our VE Commodore. Our version of the G8 are SS, SSV, Club Sport and GTS all of which are in full production...

Another point, that of the platform for the new Camaro, well that is actually also based on our VE and proved to be an excellent base. In Commodore form the V8 car is winning races here in OZ and will prove to be a winner when the new Camaro comes out in the US.

I think it will certainly be released and we expect here in OZ also (perhaps other RHD markets also such as the UK).

Has anyone heard when they will be released in Australia ..????

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

this post is some bullshit.. they are not going to ax the camaro 4 sure. It will make its run for 4 to 5 years then do something else like change the design or remake a new model. prepare to race it next year.. I will be looking forward to dust'n some LS2 or LS3.. hahahah...

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

By now we've all seen the thread showing the "spy photo" of the Camaro being built in here.[this Forum] But besides that, after GM has sunk millions of dollars into research and development, not to mention advertising, car shows, movies, (Transformers) merchandise and such, how can they just pull the plug? They certainly wouldn't stand to make even one dollar back on their investment that way, not to mention the egg on their face that would be unbearable! It may sink, but it'll go through all right.

White
    2000 Trans AM

The new Camaro was ugly anyhow. If they cancel the project thier just doing us a big favor.

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by WARP211 View Post
    this post is some bullshit.. they are not going to ax the camaro 4 sure. It will make its run for 4 to 5 years then do something else like change the design or remake a new model. prepare to race it next year.. I will be looking forward to dust'n some LS2 or LS3.. hahahah...

I agree, the 5th gen is on the way whether we like it or not.

I wasn't in the F-body circle for the 3rd to 4th gen change or for the LT1 to LS1 switch for that matter. Should be interesting and humbling when I find myself next to an LS8 5th gen. I will probably get beat but at least my 4th gen will look better!

Thats okay though, I can count on Mr. Lous representing the 4th gen crowd since he'll be spanking the everliving out of them like it's his job. I hope he's saving up for gas and tires! lol

Phantom black
    2003 Monaro

aff C'mon the lines of this new Camaro are fantastic. It's reflective of current design trends and I think will be a real winner.

Just hope they make the 427 version an affordable price..

black 01 red 73
    01 z28 and 73 z28

who the hell do you think is going to buy this car. after the initial sales rush when they fist come out thats should be it. what do you think that some young brainwashed kid is going to plop down 30 plus grand for one and not go with a Honda? do you think they can sway the mustang crowd to switch over? how about the import buyers do you think they'll switch? i couldn't even imagine someone now days saying"i think ill get rid of my Camry and get me one of those new camaros". i would imagine it would have to sell 70,000 units yearly to even support one shift of work at the plant at 60 cars an hour(usual line speed) gm sells car to make a profit not to please the American public. there is a minimal amount of cars that they must sell to even brake even. so limited production is not the answer. i mean most people on this BB don't even like it and were die hard camaro fans. whats gm going to do with the plant when their not building cars in it. it costs them money even when its not running . maybe they could host a flea market in the empty parking lot. i doubt this car is going to make it

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

Quote Originally Posted by twozs View Post
    who the hell do you think is going to buy this car. after the initial sales rush when they fist come out thats should be it. what do you think that some young brainwashed kid is going to plop down 30 plus grand for one and not go with a Honda? do you think they can sway the mustang crowd to switch over? how about the import buyers do you think they'll switch? i couldn't even imagine someone now days saying"i think ill get rid of my Camry and get me one of those new camaros". i would imagine it would have to sell 70,000 units yearly to even support one shift of work at the plant at 60 cars an hour(usual line speed) gm sells car to make a profit not to please the American public. there is a minimal amount of cars that they must sell to even brake even. so limited production is not the answer. i mean most people on this BB don't even like it and were die hard camaro fans. whats gm going to do with the plant when their not building cars in it. it costs them money even when its not running . maybe they could host a flea market in the empty parking lot. i doubt this car is going to make it
    ...I am 20 years old. I waited it out till I had enough money for an F-Body. I could care less for an imported car. Without a doubt, i'm sure most people will buy imported cars due to the price and the thought that everyone thinks they are always getting great fuel economy with one, and depending on the import (and weather it is new or used...and how the previous owner took care of it if it is used), if it is an economy car then yes that may be so. (But not all the time.) Once again, I can care less. For me, it was either I was going to buy the car I wanted, or not buy one at all. And my choice was a few muscle cars. More importantly, to me was for it to be an F-Body. I actually know a few young people that have the money for a nice car, they just haven't bought them because they didn't care...or they got fed into the fuel economy point everyone insists on putting out. Also, I know three young people that have told me if they had the money they'd of bought a newer Trans Am or SS that are friends after I bought mine. When it comes to my car, I just don't care for what people have to say about it. You can always tune a car to drive the way you want it to. And you can always upgrade. (Atleast right now anyway...I hear the new Nissan Skyline wont be able to switch different wheels or rims due to the air management system!?) Sorry I didn't get force-fed bull from everyone else. Also, lastly and in closing....technology changes. Fuel economy for a 5th Gen F-Body surely can go up, it all depends on GM as to what they want the rating to be for it. A new 2009 ZR1 Corvette, weighing in at 600+ HP could get 26 MPG highway. ...sorry for the bashing, kinda got pissed off at this post. And yes, an 2009 ZR1 will be alot of money, just proving a point though.
    Last edited by Cronex; 05-27-2008 at 06:52 PM.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

we are talking about a sports car not a gas saver. i mean come on you don't think 20 something kids would pay 30+ for a car. then how are the sti and wrx or even the rich kids paying for the new gt-r. please.... these cars will sell and the camaro will be back.

and for all of you that hate it think back all gens have lover and haters.
    i love the 1st 3rd and 4th and 5th i hate the 2nd with exeption to the split bumper.

i didn't like the 5th until more pics and the computer images of possible color schemes i found on line. so give it a chance!

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

All you new Camaro circle jerks just keep on waiting . GM has strung all along for so many years their probably laughing their ass off at you . And that ugly ass Volt . They just announced today that "WOW" it'll do almost 90 MPH , but it'll only go about 35 miles before you have to charge back up . Man , I can hardly wait . This is what Wagnor & GM's pinning their hopes for the future on ? Gimme a break !

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Have you guys seen the cover of the new "Road and Track"? Read it and this thread is closed.

Blue
    04 Silverado

i think they will make it,but it will be interesting to see the sale numbers and how long they will last.if you have the money to buy one you have the money for gas.i still like the 4th gens much better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information