Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

50 RWHP pickup for my Z28

This is a discussion on 50 RWHP pickup for my Z28 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ...

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Listen if you get a cam, you will NEED Valve springs, and pusrods often bend under the force of a stock ls1, Pushrods should be replaced whether you put a cam in a ls1 or not, they are rated at 6200rpms, and higher and the bend like butter, the timing chain also snap all the time, No you dont need to replace the valve train, but have fun 1 week down the road when you have to pull your motor apart because you ahve to raplace your valve train and possibly some other parts if the damage is bad enough. Also I have broken 3 valve springs and my only mods are headers, exhaust and a lid. Also what you said about getting headers exhaust and a tune is a good idea, you really should have bolt ons before cam swap. With headers, exahust and lid with no tune i made 337rwhp with a tune could made 350rwhp. Even the z06 cam which is barley bigger than the ls1 cams require a valve spring upgrade

There are cams out there that are not aggresive enough to replace these parts like With a LS1 Hydraulic Roller Cam Lift: .471"/.507" Duration: 270/279 RPM Range: 1500-4500 You do not need new springs, lifters, etc. Factory equipment is just fine.Would it hurt to replace these parts? No! But it is not required. Here are some other ones you could just slip in place. LS1 Hydraulic Roller Cam Lift: .510"/.510" Duration: 270/279 RPM Range: 1800-4800 , LS1 Hydraulic Roller Cam Lift: .526"/.534" Duration: 282/287 RPM Range: 2000-5000. I have seen a lot of T/A's and Camaros with all stock internals (including stock push rods) with a cam putting down 420rwhp running in the 11's. I am building mine with stock push rods to be streetable with between 400 and 450rwhp.
    Last edited by odarabla; 09-06-2007 at 09:46 AM.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol, first off that cam adds hardly any power, second I have seen stock ls1 cars break springs and bend pushrods left and right, how can you sit there and tell me if a stock ls1 can break these parts that a cammed ls1 wont, your a moron do what you want to your car, then come talk to me when you are replaceing broken valve springs and pushrods. When you hear a loud tapping sound thats the noise of me claiming victory over you.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

Cool

Lol, first off that cam adds hardly any power, second I have seen stock ls1 cars break springs and bend pushrods left and right, how can you sit there and tell me if a stock ls1 can break these parts that a cammed ls1 wont, your a moron do what you want to your car, then come talk to me when you are replaceing broken valve springs and pushrods. When you hear a loud tapping sound thats the noise of me claiming victory over you.
    woohoo!!!major pwnge

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Look jack ass!! I am trying to be as nice as I can with the stupidity you are yapping!! You just said you couldn't put a cam in a LS1 without changing the valve springs and push rods. Then you say and I qoute, (first off that cam hardly adds any power). I am tired of weekend Worriers coming on this site thinking that they know everything when they don't know shit!! If you have a stock LS1 car thats breaking stuff maybe you should change the oil in it some times!! If you cannot come up with facts and back them up then sit down and shut up!!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Immaturity has owned this thead

Adios

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information