Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

4th gen vs 5th gen....

This is a discussion on 4th gen vs 5th gen.... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I smoke a SS 2010 LS3 M6 with a stock 2001 SS M6...

silver
    1998 camaro Z28 LS1

I smoke a SS 2010 LS3 M6 with a stock 2001 SS M6

black / black
    '91 Z28 / '10 SS

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    If you didnt have your 4th gen now .. Would you buy a 5th gen over another 4th gen ???
    hmm, from the looks i'm all over the 5th gen.

I just drove an automatic 2SS and wasn't that impressed at first. I hope to get another chance for a test drive soon.

SIM w/ CGM Stripes
    2010 camaro 2SS/RS

its all preferance.... i personally think the 4th gens look horrible compared to the 5th... plus i never liked how far back the engine sat back in the bay.. its weird theres no room.

the 5th seems a lot easier to work on.

plus i love the LS3 i think its a great motor!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 20TEN_ss View Post
    its all preferance.... i personally think the 4th gens look horrible compared to the 5th... plus i never liked how far back the engine sat back in the bay.. its weird theres no room.

the ls3 is a outstanding motor

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I will agree with you there the 4th gens are horrible to work on i just replaced the waterpump and damn that was a bitch... looked on my 5th gen and it doesnt look that hard to replace lol

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    hmm, from the looks i'm all over the 5th gen.

I just drove an automatic 2SS and wasn't that impressed at first. I hope to get another chance for a test drive soon.
    I hear a lot of time you have to let the Motor break in a bit , says HP can even go up.... that may be what is going on ... also I think that IRS is not for a camaro .. everyone hated it in the GTO and Cobras ..

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 20TEN_ss View Post

I personally like the new look of the 5th gens (not because of transformers, I could'nt even sit through the whole second film).. But for the 4th gen motor issue. The motors in 3rd and even more so in the 4th gens sit further behind the front wheels for handling purposes.. Better center of gravity. Older 1st and 2nd gens have the motor more centered over the cross member.. Tho easier to work on they would be put into the weeds cornering if put up against a 3rd or 4th gen or 5th gen in hard cornering..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Tho easier to work on they would be put into the weeds cornering if put up against a 3rd or 4th gen or 5th gen in hard cornering..
    i dont know why i find this so funny..but it is

Its probably only a matter of time before they get a 5th gen to hit mid 12's stock. Im still waiting.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Hey now. I pulled mine out in the driveway yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Our cars stay in garages too, but we also like to drive em'

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

So, then what would have to happen for people to love this Camaro as much as the 4th gen ??
    Im not a fan of the 5th Gen but see some potential in it. To get me to buy a new Camaro, they would need to enhance the style all around. Similar to a Gen 1, Im not a big fan of the 67 or 68 front, rear or sides but the minor enhancements to the 1969 Camaro made it the car in my heart. GM needs to do the same with the Gen 5, enhance it with tweeks to everything to get me in the showroom. Tweek the front, the rear and sides, same with the inside, it was ok but they need to enhance. Nice seats but the radio boobs, ugly speedo and tach and lame nav system kill it for me. $38k plus for a model with a sunroof will not get me to part with my 4th Gen that is paid off. I need to have desire for my next car and the 5th Gen just does not create desire like I have for other Camaro Gens. If Im going to spend that much or more, Im going to look at Used Vettes, GT500's and SRT8 Challengers.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    Its probably only a matter of time before they get a 5th gen to hit mid 12's stock. Im still waiting.
    there's a couple that hit 12.6

most ls3's run low 13's. some l99's run low 14's....

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    there's a couple that hit 12.6

most ls3's run low 13's. some l99's run low 14's....
    12.6 really? I havent seen that yet. Do you still have the link? Best I saw was 12.8 at 111.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0202 View Post
    12.6 really? I havent seen that yet. Do you still have the link? Best I saw was 12.8 at 111.
    i was looking for it and i found this one--- 12.5 @ 110

www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1558955#post1558955

scroll down you'll find it. and there's a couple in there that ran 12.6 and so forth.

98' trans am

yup a good break in and driver mod will do it

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Was a Challenger at work last night , dont know which model , se, RT or whatever .. No way Id give up the GTO for that thing .. Look twice as wide almost the size of the Road Runners ...

Was a Challenger at work last night , dont know which model , se, RT or whatever .. No way Id give up the GTO for that thing .. Look twice as wide almost the size of the Road Runners ...
    It's the retro look that attracts buyers, especially old folk like me. It was recently voted best effort retro style by a couple of magazines over all the other manufactures.

I kinda like the newer goats, interior is nice. But there is nothing retro about them at all. Not to mention, they don't make them anymore So if you want to buy something new, you're s.o.l.

If I really wanted a new car, the challenger is where it's at for me.

98' trans am

the new challenger looks like lightning mcqueen from cars and a nsx had unprotected sex while strung out on heroin and had a baby..i really really do not like the styling of the challenger

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    the new challenger looks like lightning mcqueen from cars and a nsx had unprotected sex while strung out on heroin and had a baby..i really really do not like the styling of the challenger
    Guess you had to grow up around the classics to have an appreciation for them

As far as the whole "lightning mcqueen and nsx unprotected sex thing???" You completely lost me, I have no idea what you are talking about.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Guess you had to grow up around the classics to have an appreciation for them

As far as the whole "lightning mcqueen and nsx unprotected sex thing???" You completely lost me, I have no idea what you are talking about.
    no i appreachiate the classics for sure..an orginal challenger for sure i would sport one. but the new ones remind me of these

the front of the challenger reminds me of this

the back reminds me of this

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information