Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

4th gen vs 5th gen....

This is a discussion on 4th gen vs 5th gen.... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Smittro This... I also believe it was the look of the composit head-lights that helped drive Camaro ...

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    This...

I also believe it was the look of the composit head-lights that helped drive Camaro sales down in the waining days of the 4th gen.. When the body style came @ the begining of the 4th gen it took little too long for the drastic change to sink in.. But I like that version better than mine.. Also a preistine 3rd gen from the last couple of years was sexy too.. Dare I say more so than the composite cars of the 4th gen'ers...
    and the price.. I like the sealed beams way better

I also believe it was the look of the composit head-lights that helped drive Camaro sales down in the waining days of the 4th gen.. When the body style came @ the begining of the 4th gen it took little too long for the drastic change to sink in.. But I like that version better than mine.. Also a preistine 3rd gen from the last couple of years was sexy too.. Dare I say more so than the composite cars of the 4th gen'ers...
    No offense taken, I don't care for the composite headlights either. Since you like the 3rd gens too, here is a shot of another one of mine, an 88 Iroc 350 tpi with 50K miles.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    No offense taken, I don't care for the composite headlights either. Since you like the 3rd gens too, here is a shot of another one of mine, an 88 Iroc 350 tpi with 50K miles.

Click for full size
    Very clean, and sharp.. Good looking ride.. When I was young I had a 92' 25th anni, and a 89 rs.. Still miss them both 15,16 years later.. By far my 95 was my fav of the styling for the 4th gen'ers... If the Camaro I have now would have been any other color other than (current) NBM or black.. It would still be sitting on the lot..
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-05-2010 at 10:32 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

One of the only things I don't miss about my 3rd gens was the way they would drag one front tire while backing up and turning @ the sametime. But on a good suspention I honestly think they handled better than 4th gens. Very predictable and could be litterally flung into a turn... I caught the out side painted line with my right rear comming out of a corner with my 95 doing 70+ and proceeded to slide sideways for @ least 350ft (no saving it) before heading down through the trees. My 3rd gens I could have easily came from the rough shoulder and not had any trouble with straitening her out using throttle only..
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-05-2010 at 10:44 AM.

One of the only things I don't miss about my 3rd gens was the way they would drag one front tire while backing up and turning @ the sametime. But on a good suspention I honestly think they handled better than 4th gens. Very predictable and could be litterally flung into a turn...
    I agree. I own at least one of every generation F-body, and that Iroc is by far the most nimble of all of them. Very comfortable to drive, the layout is nice, great for long trips. I always felt more confortable slinging that Iroc around a corner. After driving that and then jumping in a 4th gen, you feel like you are driving something much larger and heavier,,,and,,,well,,,,you are. I also like the fact that it doesn't have alot of crap on it. No air bags, no ABS, etc...It doesn't run too bad either. With shorty headers and a catback, it went 13.90 at 100 mph, and only 2.77 gears.

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

rather get a Daytona Charger. Remember, Dodge builds getaway cars and the Charger is MANS LAST STAND!
    Information Technology Super Sport

Suspension|T56|5.3|Twin TC66's|

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

I agree. I own at least one of every generation F-body, and that Iroc is by far the most nimble of all of them. Very comfortable to drive, the layout is nice, great for long trips. I always felt more confortable slinging that Iroc around a corner. After driving that and then jumping in a 4th gen, you feel like you are driving something much larger and heavier,,,and,,,well,,,,you are. I also like the fact that it doesn't have alot of crap on it. No air bags, no ABS, etc...It doesn't run too bad either. With shorty headers and a catback, it went 13.90 at 100 mph, and only 2.77 gears.
    My 92 had drivers side face removal bag. But my 89 did'nt have any options except power locks a/c.. I did wish it had more but loved her anyway..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by IT_SS View Post
    rather get a Daytona Charger. Remember, Dodge builds getaway cars and the Charger is MANS LAST STAND!
    Umm wut?

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Last edited by IT_SS; 03-05-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I differ on the headlight opinion. I like the headlights on the '98-'02 Camaro over that of the '93-'97.

This...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Cool

Mopar= Moments Of Power Are Rare..j/k I hate dodge.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Chevy or go home for me...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I differ on the headlight opinion. I like the headlights on the '98-'02 Camaro over that of the '93-'97.
    That's cool but you'll never hear about the mean azz look of the later years 3rd gen being refered to as a fish..

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

That's cool but you'll never hear about the mean azz look of the later years 3rd gen being refered to as a fish..
    I like my cat fish!

I used to think that way,,,,that is until I had to replace my first set. Have you seen the prices on those damn things And they are made of cheap plastic for cripes sake.
    As a matter of fact, I just had to put another new set in my wifes car. They crack easy when hit with rocks. Dumbest thing GM has done.
    I'll take $10 glass headlights any day of the week.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

That won't happen to me. My catfish is a garage queen.

I used to think that way,,,,that is until I had to replace my first set. Have you seen the prices on those damn things And they are made of cheap plastic for cripes sake.
    As a matter of fact, I just had to put another new set in my wifes car. They crack easy when hit with rocks. Dumbest thing GM has done.
    I'll take $10 glass headlights any day of the week.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Very clean, and sharp.. Good looking ride.. When I was young I had a 92' 25th anni, and a 89 rs.. Still miss them both 15,16 years later.. By far my 95 was my fav of the styling for the 4th gen'ers... If the Camaro I have now would have been any other color other than (current) NBM or black.. It would still be sitting on the lot..
    from what i've researched they puffed up the front end to clear the ls1 better (deck height). Our '95 t/a > '00 formy and '00 t/a vert by far

That won't happen to me. My catfish is a garage queen.
    Our cars stay in garages too, but we also like to drive em'

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

My car only see's the garage when its broken I like to drive either of my camaros on a daily basis

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information