Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

4th gen vs 5th gen....

If you didnt have your 4th gen now .. Would you buy a 5th gen over another 4th gen ???

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

No. I've driven the 2SS stick, and although they look impressive from the outside, I honestly wasn't all that impressed with how it responded.

I hate the ass end of them also. GM could have done a lot better job. It looks very cheap IMO.

Lastly, your viewing from inside the vehicle is very restricted. It's like sitting in a batmobile. I didn't like the feeling I got in general, compared to my 4th gen.

I am sure it could grow on me though. They do look badass from the front and sides, and the seats felt good...but 4th gen blood 4-ever here.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    No. I've driven the 2SS stick, and although they look impressive from the outside, I honestly wasn't all that impressed with how it responded.

I hate the ass end of them also. GM could have done a lot better job. It looks very cheap IMO.

Lastly, your viewing from inside the vehicle is very restricted. It's like sitting in a batmobile. I didn't like the feeling I got in general, compared to my 4th gen.

I am sure it could grow on me though. They do look badass from the front and sides, and the seats felt good...but 4th gen blood 4-ever here.
    I havent drove one yet as our local Chevy dealership bought the farm... I did get a up close look at one .. They look like your sitting 3 inches off the ground and you have to fall into one .. I dont really like the bigger rims , bit seems they way of new cars these days ..
    I drove a 2010 Mustang GT and remember thinking if this car had the get up and go of the GTO I would love one , and with the new 5.0 looks like it will ...

RED
    2002/Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post

What he said......

I dont like them too much. The rear is ugly and they are too heavy. A bolt on ls1 shouldnt have a problem with one.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

if they looked the same but would run circles around a 4th .. Would you like them more ??

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    if they looked the same but would run circles around a 4th .. Would you like them more ??
    hahaha and if it didnt body roll like a boat in a heavy wake yeah i would take one over a 4th gen but i raced my dad in his and mine just took the lead from 0 to 135 (when i let off) and if then new camaro was a more modern version of the 4th gen looks wise and weighed the same and had the ls3 in it i would definately take it lol

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    hahaha and if it didnt body roll like a boat in a heavy wake yeah i would take one over a 4th gen but i raced my dad in his and mine just took the lead from 0 to 135 (when i let off) and if then new camaro was a more modern version of the 4th gen looks wise and weighed the same and had the ls3 in it i would definately take it lol
    yea , thats kinda my point .. People say it is a pig but is running low 13s ... How much faster do you think a mass produced car should go .. Remember you will get lots of people that dont know how to drive a 400hp car , let alone more .. Also more HP = more $$$

If I didn't have a 4th gen and were on the market for a new car, I'd go for the Challenger first. Would consider a Mustang second.

Not a huge fan of the new 5th gen. I think they missed on the styling a bit. My neighbor test drove one, I got to ride along. Couldn't see a damn thing out of it, and my neighbor is over 6 feet tall, even his vision was horrible. They decided on a new Mustang instead.

Straight line performance isn't what ultimately sells a car for me, I couldn't care less. I prefer the styling and retro look of the Challenger, I don't care if it isn't faster, that can easily be fixed. But you can't fix ugly.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    If I didn't have a 4th gen and were on the market for a new car, I'd go for the Challenger first. Would consider a Mustang second.

Not a huge fan of the new 5th gen. I think they missed on the styling a bit. My neighbor test drove one, I got to ride along. Couldn't see a damn thing out of it, and my neighbor is over 6 feet tall, even his vision was horrible. They decided on a new Mustang instead.

Straight line performance isn't what ultimately sells a car for me, I couldn't care less. I prefer the styling and retro look of the Challenger, I don't care if it isn't faster, that can easily be fixed. But you can't fix ugly.
    Regardless of powetrain, and I don't care if a 5th could crawl circles around a 4th gen, I am just not in love with the 5th gens. The looks kill it for me. When the verts hit the market, that may be a different story for me though.

I would also go for a Challenger over a 5th gen Camaro, just preference for me. I would not go for a newer Mustang over a new Camaro though.

All this is pointless though, because my next car will be a Vette anyways

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

So, then what would have to happen for people to love this Camaro as much as the 4th gen ??

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

So, then what would have to happen for people to love this Camaro as much as the 4th gen ??
    For me,

The rearend looks awful, fix it
    T-top option
    Weigh less than a semi

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    For me,

The rearend looks awful, fix it
    T-top option
    Weigh less than a semi
    T-top over sunroof ??

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

T-top over sunroof ??
    Absolutely

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

If you didnt have your 4th gen now .. Would you buy a 5th gen over another 4th gen ???
    Nope.

NBM M6
    2000 SS

Dont like it and never will. I had a 69 Z/28 and that was my baby.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Driving them is a totally different story. 5th gen owns in comfort.

Appearance....4th gen.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

I sure wouldn't mind a 5th gen, but I like everything about the 4th gen better.

If I were to buy one, it'd probably be a V6. I'd honestly probably buy a new Mustang over a Camaro though...

2011 Prius

T-top over sunroof ??
    Yes, needs them. It's part of the F-Body style if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Yes, needs them. It's part of the F-Body style if you ask me.
    I can't stand the T-tops personally. Pain in the ass to take in and out and store away. Running errands and locking the car up numerous times just gets old after a while.
    For me it's either a solid roof car or a vert.
    We have a vert and a T-top currently. I never bother with taking them out anymore. I'd rather push a button to burn the top of my head
    I'd still have a pair of verts if one didn't get totalled. Couldn't find a suitable replacement, so I'm stuck with this stupid T-top car

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information