Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

4:10's installed today!!!!!

This is a discussion on 4:10's installed today!!!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; [QUOTE=01SOMSS!;634774] Originally Posted by 7camaro7 I know what you mean I am also 22 yrs old and own my 01 ...

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

[QUOTE=01SOMSS!;634774]
    Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post

I know what you mean I am also 22 yrs old and own my 01 SOM SS. I went through lots of bull to get it, but I did. Its my 3rd fbody.
    1.Z28-LT1
    2.WS6-LT1
    3.SS-LS1
    and hope they keep on coming.
    hahaha, then you feel me! I'm only on my second and I doubt my last, I cherish my car! I drive it like a damn SS should be driven too! I pulled up to trio of street bikes today hahaha They were all in one lane and I pulled to the front of my lane at the stop light and I told my girl watch this I'm gonna make them shoot out. As soon as I pulled to the light I revved and interrupted their conversation it was funny. I looked forward and the light was green and I took off normal hahaha(just screwing around) This black bike pulls just ahead of me and jumps on it a couple times and I smile. Then he revved the shit out of it. I revved back. He got on it again and I took it out of 2nd at about 35 and I put her in 1st and I ROASTED MY TIRES hahaha! It was fun and I was just messing around.

point to my story is, I have no idea just thought I'd share. I have fun in my car every time I get the chance.

I'll most likely be adding 4.10s soon within the next year. next is subframes and gmmg.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by TASWEET SS View Post
    hey man im proud of you as a responsible 22 yr old youg man, owning his own SS camaro. as far as the gears go, once you have them installed, your not gonna want to go back in the rear end, youll love the 4.10 , and if you dont know how to change ring and pinion, you better leave that alone, it takes alot of know how to do one right. use gm gear, they are the quietiest abby
    Thanks a lot abby! Feels good being so young and having such a car. It feels kinda funny because when I go out and I park, I walk back to my car and it seems like I see people looking like(who's SS is that) and I'm the one getting in. feels good. I don't let it go to my head either I just be my self and have fun!

NATRALLY ASPIRATED 495 HP TASWEET SS's Avatar

pull me over RED
    2002 camaro SS

my name is Terry Abshire aka ABBY SHORT FOR ABSHIRE ROGER THAT

pull me over RED
    2002 camaro SS

Hey Its A Great Feeling Inside, I Hope We All Feel The Love, Abby

pull me over RED
    2002 camaro SS

You And 4.10s = Tires, Ilove It, Me To Im Always Messing With People, Im Kinda A Aggressive Driver, I Also Run The Shit Out Of My Car Too, Puting 4.10 Gears Is One Of The Best Mods I Done Your Gonna Love It, Its Like Giving Your Car A Boost. Perfect Ratio For 6 Speed, I Dont Do Asmany Burnouts Now Since I Put Mt Nitto555r Drag Radials, Cost To Much, Best Tire Out There. Abby

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Thanks for the advice on the gm gears. How much was it to have them installed and to have it tuned?

red
    99 camaro SS

You And 4.10s = Tires, Ilove It, Me To Im Always Messing With People, Im Kinda A Aggressive Driver, I Also Run The Shit Out Of My Car Too, Puting 4.10 Gears Is One Of The Best Mods I Done Your Gonna Love It, Its Like Giving Your Car A Boost. Perfect Ratio For 6 Speed, I Dont Do Asmany Burnouts Now Since I Put Mt Nitto555r Drag Radials, Cost To Much, Best Tire Out There. Abby
    haha i feel ya on that one!! im also a very aggresive driver. and my 4:10s are awesome!! but im still on BFG G-force street tires. need some stickys! on my LT1 Z28 i had, i put mickey thompson ET streets on it and they were great. and for amyone with 4:10s in a 6 speed......what speed are you at going through the traps in 4th?? my speedometer hasnt been calibrated yet so im like 15mph off and i think i might have to buy some taller tires when i buy drag radials because i dont want to hit 5th in the 1/4 mile.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

[QUOTE=7camaro7;635121]
    Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post

hahaha, then you feel me! I'm only on my second and I doubt my last, I cherish my car! I drive it like a damn SS should be driven too! I pulled up to trio of street bikes today hahaha They were all in one lane and I pulled to the front of my lane at the stop light and I told my girl watch this I'm gonna make them shoot out. As soon as I pulled to the light I revved and interrupted their conversation it was funny. I looked forward and the light was green and I took off normal hahaha(just screwing around) This black bike pulls just ahead of me and jumps on it a couple times and I smile. Then he revved the shit out of it. I revved back. He got on it again and I took it out of 2nd at about 35 and I put her in 1st and I ROASTED MY TIRES hahaha! It was fun and I was just messing around.

point to my story is, I have no idea just thought I'd share. I have fun in my car every time I get the chance.

I'll most likely be adding 4.10s soon within the next year. next is subframes and gmmg.

funy Sh!t. I do shit like that all the time. I try not to street race alot, but you know how that goes....
    just yesterday.I was on my way to my GF house and I saw a early 00' M3
    on the road. and I alway like to take a challenge. so this guy revved at me right when I was about to turn. I cought it on time a followed him he got on it at around 60 and we took it up 100 half mile away we see a cop so we let off. we look at each other and smile. so we decide to go at the next red light that was a 1/4 mi away. guess who is at the intersection.... another cop... his wife rolls the window down and says "I guess it wasent ment to be..." we ended up rolling a low speeds trying to get a small race going and we finally did. wasent much but we went 1st and 2nd gear. pretty eaven. we both gave each other the thumps up and went on our way.
    so just like you said I try to enjoy my car too...(in a safe way)

pull me over RED
    2002 camaro SS

450 for tune, i think a couple hudred for labor for gears, ive spent so much i try to forget

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

450 for tune, i think a couple hudred for labor for gears, ive spent so much i try to forget
    I think thats a dyno tune. A regular street tune is aout 250-300.

pull me over RED
    2002 camaro SS

yes that was part of my head and cam from cam in nc

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Less caps lock.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=01SOMSS!;635867]
    Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post

funy Sh!t. I do shit like that all the time. I try not to street race alot, but you know how that goes....
    just yesterday.I was on my way to my GF house and I saw a early 00' M3
    on the road. and I alway like to take a challenge. so this guy revved at me right when I was about to turn. I cought it on time a followed him he got on it at around 60 and we took it up 100 half mile away we see a cop so we let off. we look at each other and smile. so we decide to go at the next red light that was a 1/4 mi away. guess who is at the intersection.... another cop... his wife rolls the window down and says "I guess it wasent ment to be..." we ended up rolling a low speeds trying to get a small race going and we finally did. wasent much but we went 1st and 2nd gear. pretty eaven. we both gave each other the thumps up and went on our way.
    so just like you said I try to enjoy my car too...(in a safe way)
    hahaha good one man

But guess what? Remember how yesterday after I got off from work I was messing with those bikes? Today a pair of ninjas was messing with me HAHAHA I was just minding my own business in my chilled cruise mode and I come slowly past these two bikes. They let me get like a car in front then started messing with me hahaha I was thinking oh shit you reap what you sow hahaha one was like a dark silverish with a motorcycle's style of cme and the other was this nice ass green. They kept revving and taking off and I just looked and smiled at first until like the second time. well we're moving like 35-40 and I put it in 2nd and play a little until the silver one hits a wheelie on me HAHAHA I said hell naw, put that bitch in 1st and when he was beside me again I gunned it and raised the front end a little and I roasted the tires while I was already rolling... I LOVE DOING THAT some how even though its night time and the guy was wearing a helmet I saw a shocked look on his face hahaha it was funny, then just like in your story we 3 roll up on a cop who's sitting in the dark in a parking lot so we all slow down, it was funny. I cruise down a little and they run through a yellow light and I stop and I wished that I had the chance to chat. I kept forward and saw the green one at the usual bike hang out and I turned around and chatted. They were real cool. The guy on the silver one said he was like DAMN when I really got on it. He said my front end raised up real high and when I revved he said damn again from back when we were side by side. hahahahaha That was my night in the SS... After you wash it you've got to ride it. and that's what happened.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '99 T/A WS6 M6

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    It depends on the car.
    If you want the absolute best ET's out of it...4.10's.

Street gears would be 3.73's.
    I agree...I have 373 and am happy...sometimes wish 410...when I get a 9" I will get steeper gears...I have a trutrac now, in the stocker, I got it before they quit making them in '01. They made them primarily for Jeep YJ's.****Just went to Motive Gear and seems they are making them again...**[still a 7.5 though.]
    Last edited by NHRAMAN; 03-05-2007 at 07:49 PM.
    99 WS6 M6 NBM !Cags,!Cats,Vinci/Crane,Hurst,Detroit TruTrac,3:73,31 Splne,Edel.Race LT's,ORY,QTEC,Flow,ARP,Percy,MSD,SLP,AC/DELCO,Bosch,GMPP,Cntrfrce DF,Htchkiss,Susp.Tech,Lakewood,285's,Bilstein,Pro-kit,SLP,RK Sprt,A/Meter,Red Optima,Magnaflow S/S Tips,Hd Pins,Tint,Fire.Ex,[*4 Hot Rod Power Tours*]

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by socmninja View Post
    4.10s ticking time bomb? I know the housing can only take so much but with higher ratios won't it transfer more torque to the wheels causing less stress on the entire assembly leading to a longer life span? anyone here an expert on the subject? if there is can you post a step by step?

Noone answered my question!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

what's a good place to buy 4.10's...great to hear you're liking em'

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

[QUOTE=7camaro7;636898]
    Quote Originally Posted by 01SOMSS! View Post

hahaha good one man

But guess what? Remember how yesterday after I got off from work I was messing with those bikes? Today a pair of ninjas was messing with me HAHAHA I was just minding my own business in my chilled cruise mode and I come slowly past these two bikes. They let me get like a car in front then started messing with me hahaha I was thinking oh shit you reap what you sow hahaha one was like a dark silverish with a motorcycle's style of cme and the other was this nice ass green. They kept revving and taking off and I just looked and smiled at first until like the second time. well we're moving like 35-40 and I put it in 2nd and play a little until the silver one hits a wheelie on me HAHAHA I said hell naw, put that bitch in 1st and when he was beside me again I gunned it and raised the front end a little and I roasted the tires while I was already rolling... I LOVE DOING THAT some how even though its night time and the guy was wearing a helmet I saw a shocked look on his face hahaha it was funny, then just like in your story we 3 roll up on a cop who's sitting in the dark in a parking lot so we all slow down, it was funny. I cruise down a little and they run through a yellow light and I stop and I wished that I had the chance to chat. I kept forward and saw the green one at the usual bike hang out and I turned around and chatted. They were real cool. The guy on the silver one said he was like DAMN when I really got on it. He said my front end raised up real high and when I revved he said damn again from back when we were side by side. hahahahaha That was my night in the SS... After you wash it you've got to ride it. and that's what happened.

nice!

red
    99 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by MyCamaroSS View Post
    what's a good place to buy 4.10's...great to hear you're liking em'
    well i buy eveything for my SS at summit racing because i live like 25 minutes away from it.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

to me 410s sound like a must! Hahaha I remember tellin my girl about them and she thought I was talking about speakers.

"yea baby I think I wanna put 410s in the back and I'll have better take off" she's like, "how will 410s make you fasterd, I thought it was added weight which would slow you down."

I'm teaching her, and she's doing pretty good at learning hahaha.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

i luv my gears. I swapped them out before cuz it was to much shifting, but later i just got used to them. 4.10's really woke my car up and i could tell the differance right away. They might not add dazzling HP numbers on the dyno, but they sure as hell will get u down the track faster.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information