Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

275 Hp -v6?

This is a discussion on 275 Hp -v6? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; My 1990 new yorker gets 33mpg freeway, i average 26mpg all around....

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

My 1990 new yorker gets 33mpg freeway, i average 26mpg all around.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

nws Vroooooooooooooooooooooom Baby!

They all Look Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Orange or Yellow any one? Boys, if you can get a Trans Am spoiler on these puppies, you would have it made..... man you can't go wrong with these and the added spoiler and the torque behind it!!!!

Look at those side moldings on the Camaro... that is one hot piece of shit!
    Damn, problem is I will be close to 40 by then to be cruising in one of these yellow lollipops. Booo whoo... getting too old and too slow!

By the way, I have a spoiler sitting in my garage swap from this vehicle ready for paint and implantation!!!!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    The V6's with good power don't make any better fuel mileage. My wifes 2007 Eclipse with a 265HP V6 does the same as my T/A in town and worse on the highway.
    I had a 210 hp 3.8L 97 Camaro before I bought my 00 Z28. The V6 car with a 3.08 rear end never got as much as 20 mpg under any circumstances. It turned a best 16.1 sec. @ 89 mph at the local drag strip. My Z28 knocks down 20 mpg in daily driver commute service and covers the quarter mile in 13.44 sec @ 107.43 mph. That's with an automatic and 2.73 gears. Two less cylinders weren't much economy help between those two cars.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Out Of Luck

Thank you for the breakdown between the two........ I guess can only really be conserved if you are pushing a 4 banger huh?

We are out of luck then...

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by RagTop View Post
    I had a 210 hp 3.8L 97 Camaro before I bought my 00 Z28. The V6 car with a 3.08 rear end never got as much as 20 mpg under any circumstances. It turned a best 16.1 sec. @ 89 mph at the local drag strip. My Z28 knocks down 20 mpg in daily driver commute service and covers the quarter mile in 13.44 sec @ 107.43 mph. That's with an automatic and 2.73 gears. Two less cylinders weren't much economy help between those two cars.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    The V6's with good power don't make any better fuel mileage. My wifes 2007 Eclipse with a 265HP V6 does the same as my T/A in town and worse on the highway.

Every time I ever even think about buying something else for DD I look at fuel econemy and always say fuck it. Anything that has decent power and can get out of its own way only gets like 18-20mpg around town. Theres no way i'm driving a 90hp civic its just no happening. Damn my car gets 22mpg and has plenty of power. It makes me sick that people think your cars are gas guzzlers. I know a few high hp 4cyl owners that get worse milage than me and we make about the same hp and my car is heavier. One of them actually only gets 9mpg in his sti.

On a side note the other day I was thinking about the whole gm cylinder deactivation. I wonder what kind of highway milage an f-body would get with it. I've read of people getting 28-29mpg I would think 32+ would be very capable. That would be f'in sweet to pull 32mpg out of a 400hp motor.
    05 PBM GTO
    Cold Air Inductions CAI,
    Relocated IAT with omega,
    Slp Predator tune,
    Flowmaster axle back with H pipe,
    Custom tuned TCM.
    BC Racing coil overs

Sold 01 z28

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information