Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

275 Hp -v6?

This is a discussion on 275 Hp -v6? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Not close enough to the firewall brother. I just noticed that the TA empties the tank quicker then the Expedition. ...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Larger Tank Size........

Not close enough to the firewall brother. I just noticed that the TA empties the tank quicker then the Expedition. You know what, maybe your are right....... because I'm measuring based on the Gauges ... and that's wrong for the Expedition Tank is much bigger than that of a TA.

I compared this based on a 24 mile roundtrip with proper acceleration on both vehicle.

I think I have to do a test on this........
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    Keep your foot out of the firewall and you will see your gas mileage go up. I'm getting an average 23mpg (got 32 one time on a trip) and my brothers V8 expedition only gets 16. My Mom's V8 Ford van is only getting 13.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Not close enough to the firewall brother. I just noticed that the TA empties the tank quicker then the Expedition. You know what, maybe your are right....... because I'm measuring based on the Gauges ... and that's wrong for the Expedition Tank is much bigger than that of a TA.

I compared this based on a 24 mile roundtrip with proper acceleration on both vehicle.

Yep... Bigger tank...close to 25-30 gallons big... while the TA and Camaro have only 16.6gallon tanks... I've had problems with my car it just ran way too rich and I still got about 250miles and that was mostly City Driving as it is over here...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Marvel Injector Cleaner

Hey Rikki!!! Did you purchase your Camaro NEW down there in Puerto Rico? There must not be very many F-body down there?

I see there is a big difference if you have a good exhaust system. I did a Magnaflow on my vehicle, big difference in performance, mileage, and best of all I see better gas mileage.

A coworker at break time pointed out that he put Marvel Injector Cleaner in the tank.... the vehicle had better pickup and mileage as well. There are many injector cleaner out there that does not do crap. Going to try Marvel this week and let you know man!

Mattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Sure my brother will get like 400 miles on a tank, but it's like a 26 gallon tank. It doesn't matter how often you fill up, just how much you have to pay when filling up. I would love to get a motorcycle that gets 75mpg with a 4 gallon tank. would go 300 miles each fill up but I'd only be putting $11 in instead of $45-$50 like I do with my car.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Hey Rikki!!! Did you purchase your Camaro NEW down there in Puerto Rico? There must not be very many F-body down there?

I see there is a big difference if you have a good exhaust system. I did a Magnaflow on my vehicle, big difference in performance, mileage, and best of all I see better gas mileage.

A coworker at break time pointed out that he put Marvel Injector Cleaner in the tank.... the vehicle had better pickup and mileage as well. There are many injector cleaner out there that does not do crap. Going to try Marvel this week and let you know man!

Mattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    actually I bought it with 36K miles on it last year... hehe... there are some, if you know where to look for them... Scarced LS1's though... no shortige of Mustangs though..

after a I got it...I changed the Fuel Filter and Used SEAFOAM Injector Cleaner...and it really did the trick for fuel millage...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's TA View Post
    Sure my brother will get like 400 miles on a tank, but it's like a 26 gallon tank. It doesn't matter how often you fill up, just how much you have to pay when filling up. I would love to get a motorcycle that gets 75mpg with a 4 gallon tank. would go 300 miles each fill up but I'd only be putting $11 in instead of $45-$50 like I do with my car.
    Very true... what you pay at the pump is what matters... I had a Ford Explorer 21 gallon tank... on regular would run me $40-50... to fill up and it would gimme 250miles with 1/4th left... so my Camaro...with a 16.6 gallon tank...on Premium... runs me about the same to fill it up...and gives me just about the same millage (while running too rich- problem which should be fixed today)

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Mustangssssssssssssssss

A good Cleaner is more important than you know it. Any problem with the system and it will throw the performance of the vehicle off. More than that, it will cost bigger money. I purchased my 2000 silver TA about a month ago.... I have to make a point and change that fuel filter!!!

Why are there so many Mustangs down there man!!!? I think there are more Mustang than Fbodies anywhere in the world. More Camaro than Firebirds tooo....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    actually I bought it with 36K miles on it last year... hehe... there are some, if you know where to look for them... Scarced LS1's though... no shortige of Mustangs though..

after a I got it...I changed the Fuel Filter and Used SEAFOAM Injector Cleaner...and it really did the trick for fuel millage...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

A good Cleaner is more important than you know it. Any problem with the system and it will throw the performance of the vehicle off. More than that, it will cost bigger money. I purchased my 2000 silver TA about a month ago.... I have to make a point and change that fuel filter!!!

Why are there so many Mustangs down there man!!!? I think there are more Mustang than Fbodies anywhere in the world. More Camaro than Firebirds tooo....

Matt
    I don't know man...they are like an infectious disease... and keep spredding...that and the fact that you can buy a 5.0 for like $2K...already modded... LOL... other then that...I think people here just like the fact that they are LOUD... plus since the Camaro and TA got the AXE... they have been relagated to Garage Queens... there's a few around that'll run 11's all day long... but for every one of those...there are 5 Cobras... doing the same...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Out of Reach

Mustangs piss me off when I see them........ so many people have them because of their low price from the dealership!!!! It was stated that sold better than the Fbodies because the Stang cockpit did not have such a slant. I felt that was ridiculous!!!! Stangs are afordable compare to the Fbodies....... Camaros less pricey than the TA back then. Man, for just the Ram Air hood, it was something like 4 or 5000 more than the stock TA......

I just went with the Regular TA and purchased the hood and had it painted..... I save that much more. People just don't admit to it, Trans Am died out because of the price... that's why kids buy Civics....$15,000 less than a Trans Am. Shit, I don't know if it's good or not..... but if everyone has one, would you yourself want one too?

Are you having interest for the new 2009 Camaro? The stang internal setup is a joke......especially the steering wheel.

Matthew

I don't know man...they are like an infectious disease... and keep spredding...that and the fact that you can buy a 5.0 for like $2K...already modded... LOL... other then that...I think people here just like the fact that they are LOUD... plus since the Camaro and TA got the AXE... they have been relagated to Garage Queens... there's a few around that'll run 11's all day long... but for every one of those...there are 5 Cobras... doing the same...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I've seen the Engine bay in the 3000GT SL... the engine is transversly mounted... in other words... FWD style... and seen them take off too... spinin them fronts... ( a friend of mine had a Stealth)
    I've had one in the air on a rack. Definitely FWD if non-turbo.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Mustangs piss me off when I see them........ so many people have them because of their low price from the dealership!!!! It was stated that sold better than the Fbodies because the Stang cockpit did not have such a slant. I felt that was ridiculous!!!! Stangs are afordable compare to the Fbodies....... Camaros less pricey than the TA back then. Man, for just the Ram Air hood, it was something like 4 or 5000 more than the stock TA......

I just went with the Regular TA and purchased the hood and had it painted..... I save that much more. People just don't admit to it, Trans Am died out because of the price... that's why kids buy Civics....$15,000 less than a Trans Am. Shit, I don't know if it's good or not..... but if everyone has one, would you yourself want one too?

Are you having interest for the new 2009 Camaro? The stang internal setup is a joke......especially the steering wheel.

Matthew
    I'm starting to save up now...for when the new Camaro comes out... I don't think I'll have the Credit for it... but I'll certainly will have the money... LOL

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Wider Rear

One thing for sure, the exhaust tips on those new Camaro is quite nice along with the colors.... Even that damn orange looks nice. I think the Stock Camaros will have enough bells and whistles on them...... Not mentioned yet, but I'm sure the Duo Stripes will probably a different edition add on. I think all of the new Maro colors are super nice and bright...... White, Orange, Yellow, Metallics!!!!! Just imagine man, 400 + horsepower right out of the factory.......along with chrome rims.

At any rate, I have never compared the 2...... am I right to say that the Rear of the Fourth Gen TA over the tire is wider than that of the Camaros? Now, the 2009 Camaros do have super wide rear which makes them better looking.

Matt

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up powerfule Front Wheel

Hmmm... I guess the one I test drove was a turbo with Rear wheel drive then?.... I can't imagine it be a Front Wheel Drive vehicle......I'm going to check up on this......... The torque is sure nice in it.

The sold well back then, even if they were pricey... I wonder why they stopped production? I just don't like those fake vents on them.

Matt.....................

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I've had one in the air on a rack. Definitely FWD if non-turbo.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

At any rate, I have never compared the 2...... am I right to say that the Rear of the Fourth Gen TA over the tire is wider than that of the Camaros? Now, the 2009 Camaros do have super wide rear which makes them better looking.

Matt
    I'm pretty sure they are a bit wider... although I've never measured one...or seen one right next to my car... which is almost imposible... around here... LOL

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink Rich Burner

Hey Rikki,

I have never seen your posting in this forum until now. Are you new here? You are sure posting alot today!

Every single 4th Gen TA I see here in California is Pristine... either that, or I will a 3rd Gen that's not too new looking. Buttttttttttttttttt mustangs man, I see of every Generation here! The Mustangs I rarely see are the non hatchback 5.0 Liter... YOu see any of those old generation Supras over there?

Hey, I see as many of those Vipers as I do the Ram Air TA here on the Highway hahahahaha!!!

Hey, speak about buring Rich fuel.... those new Camaroes will be buring alot at 400 hp. hahahaha

Mattttt

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Hey Rikki,

I have never seen your posting in this forum until now. Are you new here? You are sure posting alot today!

Every single 4th Gen TA I see here in California is Pristine... either that, or I will a 3rd Gen that's not too new looking. Buttttttttttttttttt mustangs man, I see of every Generation here! The Mustangs I rarely see are the non hatchback 5.0 Liter... YOu see any of those old generation Supras over there?

Hey, I see as many of those Vipers as I do the Ram Air TA here on the Highway hahahahaha!!!

Hey, speak about buring Rich fuel.... those new Camaroes will be buring alot at 400 hp. hahahaha

Mattttt

actually been posting for a few months now... probably have never really ran into the same post as u... right now... as for Supras... we'll one of my friends has a 94 TT... I've been itching to race... but you see those more then you see the ealier models... hm... rearly see a Viper on the road... as for TA's they seem to be a bit more comon then Camaros...I have no idea why...LOL

it must suck over there in Cali with all the Smog regulations... I mean, I have to get my car inspected over here but that can be fixed with a extra $20 to the mechanic ... and cops don't care much

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Unhappy California Gold--------------

Must not ran into each other until now then........

yah! I'm surprised you mentioned the California Smog thing....... it's one of toughest since I'm near Los Angeles as well. The mountain side around LA packs in the traffic smog. The smog pollution is so bad I can't see the mountains on most day.

How do those Camaros and other vehicle get down there? Are they mostly all used vehciles? I asked this because most of our used California vehicles pretty go down South to Mexico.

Typically when I see a Viper, I'm more interested to see who in the hell is the owner!.... same with a Lambo...... 9 out 10 it is some older men not a youngster.... that makes me feel better hahahahah!!! The same with those Carrera 911s hahahahah!!!

Good day man,
    Matthew
    actually been posting for a few months now... probably have never really ran into the same post as u... right now... as for Supras... we'll one of my friends has a 94 TT... I've been itching to race... but you see those more then you see the ealier models... hm... rearly see a Viper on the road... as for TA's they seem to be a bit more comon then Camaros...I have no idea why...LOL

it must suck over there in Cali with all the Smog regulations... I mean, I have to get my car inspected over here but that can be fixed with a extra $20 to the mechanic ... and cops don't care much

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Must not ran into each other until now then........

How do those Camaros and other vehicle get down there? Are they mostly all used vehciles? I asked this because most of our used California vehicles pretty go down South to Mexico.

Good day man,
    Matthew
    well actually... we are a State without being a State technicly... so... everything is the same as you would see in something like Florida, but alot more spanish ... so...we got everything from Wallmart...to New Car Dealers... to um...Condom worlds...LOL... it's not like other South American or Caribbean countries that fend for themselfs most of the time

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Wink

Oh? Thanks for the schooling on your country. I do know about it, though not much. I guess if Walmart is really all over the world if it made it to China! Unbelievable!!!! Condom World? Never heard of that! I always thought Puerto Rico is just lacking in necessities.... what do you do man? You are sure writing back and forth in a constant mode with me right now!!! I'm currently at work? This is how I kill my time at the office hahahahaha!!!!

Matt

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Oh? Thanks for the schooling on your country. I do know about it, though not much. I guess if Walmart is really all over the world if it made it to China! Unbelievable!!!! Condom World? Never heard of that! I always thought Puerto Rico is just lacking in necessities.... what do you do man? You are sure writing back and forth in a constant mode with me right now!!! I'm currently at work? This is how I kill my time at the office hahahahaha!!!!

Matt
    well I actually just graduated... and I'm looking for a job...in the Graphic Arts industry... tomorow I have a Interview with a man with tons of conections and see what happens then... so I'm at home...pretty much doing nothing right now... SAD I know... probably why my car has been suffering lately...lack of cash Flow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information