Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 212

2012 Camaro SS to get supercharged

This is a discussion on 2012 Camaro SS to get supercharged within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Zinergy Yea but 550hp and 590 trq vs 412hp and 390trq is a bit of a difference ...

  1. #81
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yea but 550hp and 590 trq vs 412hp and 390trq is a bit of a difference aswell. The 1SS msrps at just over 30,xxx.
    just saying that is a real car and a real price .. No its not 550HP ... but cant see any Chevy dealership selling a Z28 for anywhere near sticker .. remember the Challenger SRTs they went for twice the sticker for a while ...

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    just saying that is a real car and a real price .. No its not 550HP ... but cant see any Chevy dealership selling a Z28 for anywhere near sticker .. remember the Challenger SRTs they went for twice the sticker for a while ...
    And you think the 2011 gt wont have dealer mark up? It will be the same as the camaro SS, even the 1ss are going for close to 38k and they msrp at 30,500.

  3. #83
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    And you think the 2011 gt wont have dealer mark up? It will be the same as the camaro SS, even the 1ss are going for close to 38k and they msrp at 30,500.
    I think if you go buy a car off the lot , yea mark up.. If you order one I dont think so .. I know we didnt at the place I worked because dealer gets a fee anyway .. and it dont take up lot space and you know its sold when it gets there .. and its good free advertising

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    I think if you go buy a car off the lot , yea mark up.. If you order one I dont think so .. I know we didnt at the place I worked because dealer gets a fee anyway .. and it dont take up lot space and you know its sold when it gets there .. and its good free advertising
    So i just built a camaro 1ss manual and it cost 31,795.00. Im still not seeing your point since it was the same price as the mustang you priced. That is why the z28 would cost more, because gm already has a car with simular price. The z28 would be up against the gt500 which starts at 47kmsrp, which is why we said if they could msrp it for jsut under 40,000 it would be a steal.

  5. #85
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    So i just built a camaro 1ss manual and it cost 31,795.00. Im still not seeing your point since it was the same price as the mustang you priced. That is why the z28 would cost more, because gm already has a car with simular price. The z28 would be up against the gt500 which starts at 47kmsrp, which is why we said if they could msrp it for jsut under 40,000 it would be a steal.

  6. #86
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    So i just built a camaro 1ss manual and it cost 31,795.00. Im still not seeing your point since it was the same price as the mustang you priced. That is why the z28 would cost more, because gm already has a car with simular price. The z28 would be up against the gt500 which starts at 47kmsrp, which is why we said if they could msrp it for jsut under 40,000 it would be a steal.
    was just saying about the 2011 that it didnt go up really any ... and for a car with a new engine that is very good ..

    GT 500 dont really compare well to the Z28 because its a Shelby and that means WAYY[way] to much stuff you dont need in a car like that .. and of course there will be a Super Snake too ..

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    was just saying about the 2011 that it didnt go up really any ... and for a car with a new engine that is very good ..

    GT 500 dont really compare well to the Z28 because its a Shelby and that means WAYY[way] to much stuff you dont need in a car like that .. and of course there will be a Super Snake too ..
    Lol cause its built by shelby you dont count it? What stuff does the base gt500 have that you dont need? A live axel lol

    2 cars, simular weight, drivetrain, power and price arent comparable i guess
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-15-2010 at 01:29 PM.

  8. #88
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    was just saying about the 2011 that it didnt go up really any ... and for a car with a new engine that is very good ..

    GT 500 dont really compare well to the Z28 because its a Shelby and that means WAYY[way] to much stuff you dont need in a car like that .. and of course there will be a Super Snake too ..
    it is worth noting that the gt500 is built by SVT ..so it is truly not even a real shelby

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    it is worth noting that the gt500 is built by SVT ..so it is truly not even a real shelby
    True and you can build and order them off the ford website

  10. #90
    Member Lethal Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    192

    Black
    98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    So i just built a camaro 1ss manual and it cost 31,795.00. Im still not seeing your point since it was the same price as the mustang you priced. That is why the z28 would cost more, because gm already has a car with simular price. The z28 would be up against the gt500 which starts at 47kmsrp, which is why we said if they could msrp it for jsut under 40,000 it would be a steal.
    I don't doubt you built one for that price, the question is what will the price be when YOU get to the lot. I've been shopping them locally and I have yet to see any SS for less than $39K. Can you build one have it shipped to the lot and save yourself $8-$9K? I kinda doubt it, maybe after this mustang hits the street you might get one for that price but not right now.

    Will the mustangs be marked up? Perhaps, when I looked at the new mustang at the car show there were several salesman there and I asked that very question. They all said no but you can take that with a grain of salt you never know what those guys will do. My guess is if there is any it will probably be for the first few but even then I doubt it will be much. I'm sure they will want to get as many of these things on the street as possible. If they price them like they say they will they'll crush the competition and they know it. Hell they could mark it up 5 grand and still crush the competition.
    Last edited by Lethal Z; 04-15-2010 at 03:05 PM.

  11. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    I don't doubt you built one for that price, the question is what will the price be when YOU get to the lot. I've been shopping them locally and I have yet to see any SS for less than $39K. Can you build one have it shipped to the lot and save yourself $8-$9K? I kinda doubt it, maybe after this mustang hits the street you might get one for that price but not right now.

    Will the mustangs be marked up? Perhaps, when I looked at the new mustang at the car show there were several salesman there and I asked that very question. They all said no but you can take that with a grain of salt you never know what those guys will do. My guess is if there is any it will probably be for the first few but even then I doubt it will be much. I'm sure they will want to get as many of these things on the street as possible. If they price them like they say they will they'll crush the competition and they know it. Hell they could mark it up 5 grand and still crush the competition.
    Good job on trusting sales men at a car show who have no idea or say as to what dealers are going to do. I suppose you trust everything our government tells us aswell LOL

  12. #92
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    I don't doubt you built one for that price, the question is what will the price be when YOU get to the lot. I've been shopping them locally and I have yet to see any SS for less than $39K. Can you build one have it shipped to the lot and save yourself $8-$9K? I kinda doubt it, maybe after this mustang hits the street you might get one for that price but not right now.

    Will the mustangs be marked up? Perhaps, when I looked at the new mustang at the car show there were several salesman there and I asked that very question. They all said no but you can take that with a grain of salt you never know what those guys will do. My guess is if there is any it will probably be for the first few but even then I doubt it will be much. I'm sure they will want to get as many of these things on the street as possible. If they price them like they say they will they'll crush the competition and they know it. Hell they could mark it up 5 grand and still crush the competition.
    the mustang will be priced up, as did the camaro and the challenger...it is simple ...while the need/want is high ..the dealers can mark up the car and people will still buy it..

  13. #93
    Member Lethal Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    192

    Black
    98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    if they could sell a 550hp camaro for under 40k retail they would sell like crazy. there's no reason why they couldn't do it other than silly marketing.
    Theres no reason why the Camaro SS should be $40K. You cetainly are'nt going to get another 125hp for the same money I don't care if its stripped down or not. Besides if you build a 550hp camaro for 40K who in there right mind is going to buy a 505hp Z06 for $75K. You'd only be 85hp away from your flagship ZR1 corvette. You ain't forkin over another $65K for 85hp. Its more than just silly marketing, they'd be back in bankrupcy.

  14. #94
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    I don't doubt you built one for that price, the question is what will the price be when YOU get to the lot. I've been shopping them locally and I have yet to see any SS for less than $39K. Can you build one have it shipped to the lot and save yourself $8-$9K? I kinda doubt it, maybe after this mustang hits the street you might get one for that price but not right now.

    Will the mustangs be marked up? Perhaps, when I looked at the new mustang at the car show there were several salesman there and I asked that very question. They all said no but you can take that with a grain of salt you never know what those guys will do. My guess is if there is any it will probably be for the first few but even then I doubt it will be much. I'm sure they will want to get as many of these things on the street as possible. If they price them like they say they will they'll crush the competition and they know it. Hell they could mark it up 5 grand and still crush the competition.

    My mom bought a 2010 SS at $32k

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    the mustang will be priced up, as did the camaro and the challenger...it is simple ...while the need/want is high ..the dealers can mark up the car and people will still buy it..
    My dealer sold every Camaro at sticker... no mark up what so ever.

    2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

    2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

    2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

    2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

  15. #95
    Member Lethal Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    192

    Black
    98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Good job on trusting sales men at a car show who have no idea or say as to what dealers are going to do. I suppose you trust everything our government tells us aswell LOL
    I guess you missed the part where I said,"YOU CAN TAKE THAT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THOSE GUYS WILL DO."

    Gotta read the whole post man, that way you don't sound like an idiot. LOL at yourself.
    Last edited by Lethal Z; 04-15-2010 at 08:05 PM.

  16. #96
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Enough guys... If you're going to argue do one of 2 things: 1. Don't 2. Take it to PM's.


    Back on topic or

  17. #97
    Member Lethal Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    192

    Black
    98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    the mustang will be priced up, as did the camaro and the challenger...it is simple ...while the need/want is high ..the dealers can mark up the car and people will still buy it..
    Im sure there will be, but I seriously doubt that your gonna see a $40K dollar mustang GT. Could it happen? Sure it could like I said you never know what the dealer is gonna do. However, if I was a bet'in man I'd bet there gonna price it to undercut the competition. How far they go to undercut the competition is anybodys guess.

  18. #98
    Member 02fbody35th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    scranton,pa
    Age
    31
    Posts
    279

    red
    2002 camaro 35th anv.

    Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    I WANT/NEED a corvette i drove a grandsport today... man o man it crushed my little camaro
    How do you guys get to test drive a new vette, im dieing to drive one but i know the dealer just wont hand over the keys. and its not like im just a teenager yankin their chain. i want to drive one

  19. #99
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    Theres no reason why the Camaro SS should be $40K. You cetainly are'nt going to get another 125hp for the same money I don't care if its stripped down or not. Besides if you build a 550hp camaro for 40K who in there right mind is going to buy a 505hp Z06 for $75K. You'd only be 85hp away from your flagship ZR1 corvette. You ain't forkin over another $65K for 85hp. Its more than just silly marketing, they'd be back in bankrupcy.

    a camaro ss isn't $40k. a 1ss is more around 31k so really there isn't technically a reason they couldn't make a cheaper optioned z\28 for around 40k.

    a camaro with 85 less hp will still be nowhere near a zr1 or z06 due to weight. and i'm sure they're not worried about a supercharged camaro horning in on the zr1's sales. that's silly. totally different cars for totally different people. there's alot of people out there that will buy the best perfoming car out there for around 40k. guys who can afford a zr1 dont want to be seen driving a cheap ass camaro.

  20. #100
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    Im sure there will be, but I seriously doubt that your gonna see a $40K dollar mustang GT. Could it happen? Sure it could like I said you never know what the dealer is gonna do. However, if I was a bet'in man I'd bet there gonna price it to undercut the competition. How far they go to undercut the competition is anybodys guess.

    i thought if you spec out a mustang gt similar to a 2ss it was pretty close to 40k.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale: 02 Camaro SS Supercharged
    By TYM OUT in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 02:55 PM
  2. WTB: 98 & up camaro supercharged
    By danielanders in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 10:27 AM
  3. Question: supercharged gt vs camaro ss
    By SSMOKEshow in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 12:28 PM
  4. 2001 Z28 Camaro - Supercharged
    By saigasolutions in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2007, 12:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •