Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

2012 Camaro SS to get supercharged

This is a discussion on 2012 Camaro SS to get supercharged within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft I dunno man, I don't see any NHRA/IHRA cars running from a 20mph roll 03/04 Cobra ...

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    I dunno man, I don't see any NHRA/IHRA cars running from a 20mph roll

03/04 Cobra is a good example of a factory S/C setup... haven't heard anybody really complaining about those, except for the competition

Well my point is it gets expensive. Even a decent used 03-04 Cobra is in the neighborhood of $20K.

At the end of the day all this really comes down to is price. Great we got 575hp camaro out there that will kill the cobra. The only problem is its $72K and nobody can afford it. One of the things that won me over was that the 4th gen LS1 was the best bang for the buck. People want the most car for the least amount of money, and the company that can deliver that is gonna sell the most cars. Doesn't matter what your into ford, chevy doesn't matter. I think GM is shooting themselves in the foot putting a $40K price tag on the camaro. Any thing they come out with now will be over well over $50K at that puts them out of reach for most so who cares how much HP it has.

My prediction Ford is gonna kick GMs butt in 2011. The mustang GT is faster than the SS and 10K cheaper. The new Z28 is gonna be faster than a cobra but its also gonna be $10K more money. Are you prepared to pay an extra $10K for 15 more hp in a Z28? I ain't, so like I said earlier GM better get there head out of there butts and do it in a hurry.
    Last edited by Lethal Z; 04-11-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    Well my point is it gets expensive. Even a decent used 03-04 Cobra is in the neighborhood of $20K.

At the end of the day all this really comes down to is price. Great we got 575hp camaro out there that will kill the cobra. The only problem is its $72K and nobody can afford it. One of the things that won me over was that the 4th gen LS1 was the best bang for the buck. People want the most car for the least amount of money, and the company that can deliver that is gonna sell the most cars. Doesn't matter what your into ford, chevy doesn't matter. I think GM is shooting themselves in the foot putting a $40K price tag on the camaro. Any thing they come out with now will be over well over $50K at that puts them out of reach for most so who cares how much HP it has.

My prediction Ford is gonna kick GMs butt in 2011. The mustang GT is faster than the SS and 10K cheaper. The new Z28 is gonna be faster than a cobra but its also gonna be $10K more money. Are you prepared to pay an extra $10K for 15 more hp in a Z28? I ain't, so like I said earlier GM better get there head out of there butts and do it in a hurry.
    When your getting in the over $50k price range you cant just look at a car as a 1/4 mile beast .. They have to do a lot more , have to be closer to a good sports car .. but GM already has one of those .. So really a Z28 will be a good toy...a very expensive toy...

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I won't be spending over $50k on ANY new sports car. Hell, I won't even be spending over $30k for any new sports car. Now if it was an X-series MC, or a new tahoe, then yeah, I could see doing that

So with that being said, I'll just sit back and watch to see what the consumers of both future vehicles have to say, along with what the aftermarket puts out, and how well the vehicles produce numbers and times with these upgraded parts installed.

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    I won't be spending over $50k on ANY new sports car. Hell, I won't even be spending over $30k for any new sports car. Now if it was an X-series MC, or a new tahoe, then yeah, I could see doing that

So with that being said, I'll just sit back and watch to see what the consumers of both future vehicles have to say, along with what the aftermarket puts out, and how well the vehicles produce numbers and times with these upgraded parts installed.
    Thing is Chevy ,GM, can afford to make cars that dont sell ..

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Thing is Chevy ,GM, can afford to make cars that dont sell ..
    Government Motors

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

OK . dont get all upset if I mention a Mustang ... But I am glad to see that the new 2011 is again its own car and not trying to be a retro rerun.. I think more people will like the Camaro when its gone back to being its own car to ...
    very well said my friend i hope it comes soon for the camaro rather then late

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

If i have the money a 50k camaro would not be considered at all a 50k LS3 Vette would. Chances are with a 575HP Camaro its barely as fast or could be slower then the 505hp Z06. Others might say im paying thousands less and getting almost Z06 acceleration but then again ive driven a Z06 on several occasions and to me its worth every penny and even better for someone that wants to buy it used with warranty.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    If i have the money a 50k camaro would not be considered at all a 50k LS3 Vette would. Chances are with a 575HP Camaro its barely as fast or could be slower then the 505hp Z06. Others might say im paying thousands less and getting almost Z06 acceleration but then again ive driven a Z06 on several occasions and to me its worth every penny and even better for someone that wants to buy it used with warranty.
    +1 I'm looking at several 2006 Z06 for 55k to 45k. Much better bang for the buck.

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Corvette may be more refined but some people like me for example just aren't vette guys. They may be more comfortable, better handling what ever, but I would just never buy one. Their also a dime a dozen at car shows.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I was just saying .. A optioned out SS 2 , or however they put it , can be in the mid $40k..Now you add a S/C on top of that , and of course the upgrades that come with it I dont think mid $50k ist out of the question .. And to me thats just to much to pay for a Camaro...

Black
    98 Z28

40K is too much to spend on a camaro 50K is just ridicuous.

I'm very curious to see how kelley blue book treats these camaros because thats where the real slap in the face is gonna come from. Corvettes hold there value, camaros not so much. I mean can you imagine spending between 40-55K on a camaro just to loose almost half of that in the first 1-2 years of owning it. Im gonna be looking to buy in a couple of years, I'll be lookin at a nice used vette.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I WANT/NEED a corvette i drove a grandsport today... man o man it crushed my little camaro

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

I was just saying .. A optioned out SS 2 , or however they put it , can be in the mid $40k..Now you add a S/C on top of that , and of course the upgrades that come with it I dont think mid $50k ist out of the question .. And to me thats just to much to pay for a Camaro...

You may be right. I'd like one and would have to sell my WS6 for a down payment but i'd really have to think about droping that much on a Camaro or any car for that matter. What's the 2010 GT500 sticker at.....48k and some change? If they price it much higher than that I would definately have to pass.

Black
    98 Z28

I think its probably a safe bet to just chill out and wait for now. I see no reason to run out right now and take the hit on a new car, let someone else do it and buy it used.

Red
    02 SS camaro

i just wonna know all the stats..
    2011 camaro ss.
    2011 mustang gt
    2011 camaro z28 if any
    2011 gt500
    im getting so confused about gm of whats coming out and whats not.. i know im going to be upset if chevy loses to ford this year.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
    You may be right. I'd like one and would have to sell my WS6 for a down payment but i'd really have to think about droping that much on a Camaro or any car for that matter. What's the 2010 GT500 sticker at.....48k and some change? If they price it much higher than that I would definately have to pass.
    Thing is ...OK lets just say a Z28 stickers for $48K ... now what is it going to take to actually buy the thing .. The mark up on a regular SS is insane .. Thing you can bet with the Mustang GT is you can prob get it below sticker , Im not paying full sticker for anything ...Prob first few months may have a little mark up for those " gatta have first one " types .. But by mid summer it will come down .. Camaro , it will just sit ...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/img_po...r_id=266590154
    in autotrader for $57, 995 .. No thats not a mis-print

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

i feel bad for the idiot who buys that

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

Im just gonna sit back wit my ls1 and see the price for all these cars used then start to think about it

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

And keep my fingers crossed hoping gm brings the T tops back lol

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information