Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 101 to 112 of 112

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Camaro SS - Drag Race

This is a discussion on 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Camaro SS - Drag Race within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones not a crappy 9.98. yea i am so glad i dont run a crappy 9.98...

  1. #101
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    not a crappy 9.98.
    yea i am so glad i dont run a crappy 9.98

  2. #102
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    amen brother

    "k.i.s.s" comes to mind for the new GM...it was something in the classic days they were very good at.
    That's right,,,,,Keep it simple stupid.. Why does everyone have to complicate things. Stick with something that we all know works, save money in the process, and pass the buck onto the consumers.
    Much cheaper to maintain and work on later down the road too.

  3. #103
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    yea i am so glad i dont run a crappy 9.98
    What I meant was, for the MPH it's running, that ET flat sucks. The IRS is holding it back. That should be a mid to low 9 second car, it's just not 60 footing.

  4. #104
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    What I meant was, for the MPH it's running, that ET flat sucks. The IRS is holding it back. That should be a mid to low 9 second car, it's just not 60 footing.
    true

  5. #105
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    park bench
    Posts
    1,399
    gmcheviac

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    I guess you guys must have missed the newest GMHP magazine where the first 2010 camaro went 9's on the stock rearend....no need for a 12 or 9" if the stock rear can hold up to that kind of power.
    A.R.D. blew theirs up behind a 454 (or 472) with nitrous. around 800 rwhp I believe. This is behind a manual though

  6. #106
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    All I'm saying is that w/ 800 or 900rwhp the rear is still together and making a 9 sec pass...that's pretty impressive and not nearly as weak as you all are making it out to be. I understand they're not fully getting it from the start but still...9 sec pass is a 9 sec pass.

  7. #107
    Senior Member MrMasterCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,266

    2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    All I'm saying is that w/ 800 or 900rwhp the rear is still together and making a 9 sec pass...that's pretty impressive and not nearly as weak as you all are making it out to be. I understand they're not fully getting it from the start but still...9 sec pass is a 9 sec pass.
    You're in Germantown, can't be too far from MIR, right?! I saw video footage from a friend of mine, of 2 nearly stock 2010 Camaros blow their rears on initial launch. Same rings true for cam/nitrous cars. My buddy had a 10 second LS1 and ran almost a whole season on the factory 10 bolt. Then you've got guys with just exhaust blowing them in no time....

  8. #108
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    You're in Germantown, can't be too far from MIR, right?! I saw video footage from a friend of mine, of 2 nearly stock 2010 Camaros blow their rears on initial launch. Same rings true for cam/nitrous cars. My buddy had a 10 second LS1 and ran almost a whole season on the factory 10 bolt. Then you've got guys with just exhaust blowing them in no time....
    Haha man that would suck!

  9. #109
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    All I'm saying is that w/ 800 or 900rwhp the rear is still together and making a 9 sec pass...that's pretty impressive and not nearly as weak as you all are making it out to be. I understand they're not fully getting it from the start but still...9 sec pass is a 9 sec pass.
    Oh it's weak alright, they are leaving very soft to keep it alive, that's obvious from the weak 60 foot time.
    The only reason the car ran a 9.98 is because of the rediculous power it makes, which made up for it on the big end running 144 mph.
    That's a car that should be running bottom 9's,,,,not just barely squeaking in.

    But it's all magazine fluff. That's why it's in there. To be honest I'm not all that impressed with it.

  10. #110
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Oh it's weak alright, they are leaving very soft to keep it alive, that's obvious from the weak 60 foot time.
    The only reason the car ran a 9.98 is because of the rediculous power it makes, which made up for it on the big end running 144 mph.
    That's a car that should be running bottom 9's,,,,not just barely squeaking in.

    But it's all magazine fluff. That's why it's in there. To be honest I'm not all that impressed with it.
    Well I think the whole point was to be the first 2010 to run a 9 second pass and they accomplished that.

  11. #111
    Member Lethal Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    192

    Black
    98 Z28

    Man this was a pretty good thread until it got


  12. #112
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
    Man this was a pretty good thread until it got

    Agreed, and she deserves to be

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 Mustang GT hits 11s on drag radials...
    By Superluminal in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 01:24 PM
  2. 2011 Mustang GT hits 11s on drag radials...
    By Superluminal in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 08:23 PM
  3. 2010 Camaro SS vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT
    By snaggeltooth in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 08:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •