Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Camaro SS - Drag Race

This is a discussion on 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Camaro SS - Drag Race within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by shady milkman what were your thoughts on the camaro before it came out ? or did you ...

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    what were your thoughts on the camaro before it came out ? or did you wait to give it any praise until it hit the streets ?
    I think most are thinking the same thing. Thanks for the info on the Stang. But its not a camaro and by no means faster than my 4th gen. But wait its not a camaro. I didnt visit Ford Mustang Forums when the 4gen was faster. I didnt visit Mustang Forums when the 03/04 Cobra came out. And I do not visit them now. This is a Camaro/Firbebird forum. Not that I dont like alot of other cars. But I dont got to a Ford site trying to shove GM down their throats.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    I think most are thinking the same thing. Thanks for the info on the Stang. But its not a camaro and by no means faster than my 4th gen. But wait its not a camaro. I didnt visit Ford Mustang Forums when the 4gen was faster. I didnt visit Mustang Forums when the 03/04 Cobra came out. And I do not visit them now. This is a Camaro/Firbebird forum. Not that I dont like alot of other cars. But I dont got to a Ford site trying to shove GM down their throats.
    A noone on this thread has been a mustang owner doing that. I have never belonged to a mustang forum. I just tell it like i see it. Damn near the same power, less weight, better gearing, live axle. The facts dont lie that say out of the box this car is better than what gm is offering performance wise.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    A noone on this thread has been a mustang owner doing that. I have never belonged to a mustang forum. I just tell it like i see it. Damn near the same power, less weight, better gearing, live axle. The facts dont lie that say out of the box this car is better than what gm is offering performance wise.
    I guess I will make it even more simple. Camaro fan here and again thanks for the info. I could careless about the Mustang. When the 03/04's Cobra's came out I did not jump ship. The 03/04 can blow the 4th gen away. I have beat some 03/04's (with pulleys,tunes) and have been beaten by some 03/04's. Again I did not RUN out and buy a Cobra when they were faster in 03/04. Again thanks for the info... But I do not CARE.....

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

The new stang runs about 110mph in the quarter, the ss camaro manual version tested on another show runs about the same 110.9 mph. So mph is there for the camaro even though its heavier. Ive heard the best year to buy the stang with the new motor would be 2011 because they will have to add more weight to the vehicle come 2012 for safety reasons, dont know what they will exactly add to the vehicle but thats what i heard. Ive also seen 1SS 6speed for about 32-33k starting, so for those who just want the look and the V8 which lately thats the type of customers ive been getting, you still can pick one up for a reasnable price. The Mustang will be priced well and ofcourse it will be probably comparable to the Camaro.

Im not going to put the stang down for any reason i think its a great car regardless, ford shoul've done this along time ago which i think most of us will agree on. Im with Z28 Thunder, no matter how tempted i was to buying a 03-04 Termi and was easily approved to buy one, i passed. You just have to drive the 03-04 Cobra to know the reasons why. Its all preference in the end and i wont be buying a new stang either even if its faster then my fully bolt on LS1 soon to be. There will be many mustang owners that will say the same about a camaro like i said in the end we can argue which is better but you will always have a camaro fan and a mustang fan with some in between and thats OK.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 04-06-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    The new stang runs about 110mph in the quarter, the ss camaro manual version tested on another show runs about the same 110.9 mph. So mph is there for the camaro even though its heavier. Ive heard the best year to buy the stang with the new motor would be 2011 because they will have to add more weight to the vehicle come 2012 for safety reasons, dont know what they will exactly add to the vehicle but thats what i heard. Ive also seen 1SS 6speed for about 32-33k starting, so for those who just want the look and the V8 which lately thats the type of customers ive been getting, you still can pick one up for a reasnable price. The Mustang will be priced well and ofcourse it will be probably comparable to the Camaro. Im not going to put the stang down for any reason i think its a great car regardless, ford shoul've done this along time ago which i think most of us will agree on.

Being a chevy camaro fan. Why would I think they should have done this long ago. Not trying to put it down here I am just not a Mustang fan.

Arctic White, red/gray

I guess I will make it even more simple. Camaro fan here and again thanks for the info. I could careless about the Mustang. When the 03/04's Cobra's came out I did not jump ship. The 03/04 can blow the 4th gen away. I have beat some 03/04's (with pulleys,tunes) and have been beaten by some 03/04's. Again I did not RUN out and buy a Cobra when they were faster in 03/04. Again thanks for the info... But I do not CARE.....
    Then dont read the thread labeled 2011 mustang gt vs 2010 camaro ss drag race. WTF this is a forum for discussion and you come in a thread and say thanks for the info but i dont care about what this thread was written about? LOL

Noone is telling you to buy a new mustang. I sure as hell wont be but it is always good to know what the competition has and what it can do. This car is no slouch and its a naturally aspirated base v8 mustang thats faster than the 03/04 supercharged cobra top dog.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-06-2010 at 02:43 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Then dont read the thread labeled 2011 mustang gt vs 2010 camaro ss drag race. WTF this is a forum for discussion and you come in a thread and say thanks for the info but i dont care about what this thread was written about? LOL
    I've been watching both threads for days. But no need to post the same thing over there. I think posting it in the Camaro/SS forum works. Yes it is a discussion forum and I gave my opinion on the discussion.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 04-06-2010 at 02:46 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Noone is telling you to buy a new mustang. I sure as hell wont be but it is always good to know what the competition has and what it can do. This car is no slouch and its a naturally aspirated base v8 mustang thats faster than the 03/04 supercharged cobra top dog.

03/04 Cobra's at the track I race at can run 10.5's with ease. So now the new 2011 GT is faster than the 03/04 Cobra?

Arctic White, red/gray

03/04 Cobra's at the track I race at can run 10.5's with ease. So now the new 2011 GT is faster than the 03/04 Cobra?
    Yes stock for stock lol. Why would you even bring up a modded 10.5 car?

I'm sure someone will make the 2011 gt runs 10s in a year or two. Whats your point.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Yes stock for stock lol. Why would you even bring up a modded 10.5 car?

I'm sure someone will make the 2011 gt runs 10s in a year or two. Whats your point.
    Yep your right why did I even bring up a mustang.. Could careless here.

Arctic White, red/gray

Yep your right why did I even bring up a mustang.. Could careless here.
    No why would compare a modded car to stock one. My comparison was even when the 03/04 cobra was faster it had a supercharger and was mustangs top dog. Now the entry level stang gt with a n/a 5.0 is faster than the camaro. If you could careless, why even input on the thread. Since whatever anyone replys to your comments you just say i could careless cause its a stang.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

I do have two questions.... yes this 5.0L is putting out some good numbers.. but what is going to happen when you start to mod? will it hang with a LS3 or not? ie.. headers vs. headers... cam vs. cams, heads vs. heads....

also something that I have read before and have not seen in this thread... That the Mustang GT for the 2012 model will gain some weight due to goverment restrictions... That the Camaro is already there for the 2012 restrictions.. if this is true.. well then I guess everyone better go buy a 2011... cause if they happen to keep the same powertrain that they have now... they will slow down for the 2012 model...

I don't know if either of these two are true.. but this is what I have read before... anyone wanna help me out on this?

Arctic White, red/gray

Noone knows how it will respond to mods or if it will need weight gain. Only time and testing will tell. Generally the bigger liter engine will gain more from mods if it can flow well. The ls3 can flow air very well so it will most likely respond better to mods but only time will tell the results.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Noone knows how it will respond to mods or if it will need weight gain. Only time and testing will tell. Generally the bigger liter engine will gain more from mods if it can flow well. The ls3 can flow air very well so it will most likely respond better to mods but only time will tell the results.
    I under stand that by all means... but everyone keeps on talking about how big and bad the 5.0L is... I want to know how it will respond to mods compared to the LS3... (Stock sucks anyways... doesn't it????)

I wish I could recall were I saw that before that the 2011 models will weight a couple hundred lbs. less than the 2012 because of the restrictions...

Black
    1999 WS6

not to burst your bubble..but when new your WS6 cost the same, if not more than the SS and the new GT..........
    My 1999 WS6 was $33,846.77 out the door.
    Now to buy a car that's faster for almost the same money 12 years later is what I call a real smack in the balls.

Black
    2000 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    My 1999 WS6 was $33,846.77 out the door.
    Now to buy a car that's faster for almost the same money 12 years later is what I call a real smack in the balls.
    Should have gotten it used! haha

RED
    2002/Z28

I have seen a 2010 SS bone stock run a 8.4 flat in the 1/8th..

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

what were your thoughts on the camaro before it came out ? or did you wait to give it any praise until it hit the streets ?
    I dont believe anything until I see it in person! Thats just how it goes, you give all the praise you want to the mustang milk man but until its next to me at the strip there just numbers that dont mean shit

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

you know what i want to wonder... why is it a 2011 mustang vs a 20TEN camaro what if chevy comes out with more stuff for the 11' are we missing something on this???

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

You have it backwards, the good drivers who get the best times out of the cars are real world owners. The fastest time from a magazine for the 2010 ss was a 12.9 and all the other magazine times were 13.0 or higher. Now people have run 12.7s, 12.6s and as I learned today 1 guy went a 12.5 and all at higher trap speeds than the magazines aswell. When the ws6 came out alot of mags had the time set at 13.6-13.8 and now they have gone 12s stock.
    I don't have it backwards, I said not everyone can drive so there will be plenty of new gt's running high 13's as well. I've seen vipers run 14's and new z06's run 15's. Have you ever been to a real track or do you speak without knowledge all the time? There are plenty of real world drivers that are good and plenty that suck. Thats what I was saying. Don't know how you can say thats "backwards"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information