Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

2010 Camaro SS vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT

This is a discussion on 2010 Camaro SS vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Transamws6 That is very true. If they just get some of that weight down, and do a ...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    That is very true. If they just get some of that weight down, and do a little something to make it look better exterior/interior wise, tweak the suspension a bit, and also keep it affordable at the same time, it'd be really nice IMO. I'd take it over the Mustang anyday if Chevy did that.

But all of that will probably never happen.
    see you prove my point .. Everybody wants something done to it ... I really try to like the car ,,, but it just isn't happening

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    see you prove my point .. Everybody wants something done to it ... I really try to like the car ,,, but it just isn't happening
    I mean, I feel the same way. GM really failed this time with this car, one of the worst Camaros ever manufactured IMHO, not the absolute #1 worst, but it is up there in the rankings in my book. GM has a lot of work ahead of them in order to get them back to how they used to be, for example, the 93-02 cars would be a good guideline for them to follow

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

I mean, I feel the same way. GM really failed this time with this car, one of the worst Camaros ever manufactured IMHO,
    umm..

Click for full sizeClick for full size

yeah,

worst Camaro manufactured for the times maybe? if this was introduced in '03 bricks would have been shat upon it's release.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    umm..

Click for full sizeClick for full sizeClick for full size

yeah,

worst Camaro manufactured for the times maybe? if this was introduced in '03 bricks would have been shat upon it's release.

Note I said "one of the worst Camaro's ever manufactured IMHO" not the "absolute worst Camaro ever manufactured".
    Last edited by Transamws6; 04-27-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Hahaha, how much do they want for Zr1s these days?
    just over 100k msrp I believe. He pays some serious taxes

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

umm..

yeah,

check and see which one sold more .. I bet you will be surprised ...

Impounded
    gmcheviac

sounds like that thing was a lemon man.

But seriously, we experienced much of the same with our Chevy, my folks had a 96' tahoe with the 5.7 vortec up until 2004, was the biggest lemon we've owned to date, so many issues with that thing and the truck was bought brand spankin' new when I was 3 years old in 96', we had it up until 2004, they were forced to go out and buy my truck due to the tranny failing for the 4th time in a row since we've owned it and for some reason a warped cylinder head had occured (just repeating what my father told). Had a lot of eletrical issues as well, all the problems developed a couple of years after we first bought it, from bad leaks to tranny failures, the truck had it all. And no, they did not beat on it in any way.

I mean, all vehicles have their quirks, no matter what manufacturer the specific vehicle belongs to, it really doesn't make sense to me when people say one manufacturer is more reliable than another.

Same thing applies to the 5th gen vs. Mustang GT, even though they are great cars, i'm sure they will have some issues down the line as well.
    hecho in mexico suburban=shit, as was ours as well as a new cobalt, grand prix that shuf off randomly brand new and was eventually bought back, among many other shit gm products. We have had terrible like with chrysler too. No fomoco products but my grandparents have had and have shitty ones (6.0 diesel and a volvo, both shit). My point is all car companies roll out shit products. Our best vehicles have been nissans by far

Impounded
    gmcheviac

umm..

yeah,

a third gen in proper paint is far better looking

I mean, I feel the same way. GM really failed this time with this car, one of the worst Camaros ever manufactured IMHO, not the absolute #1 worst, but it is up there in the rankings in my book. GM has a lot of work ahead of them in order to get them back to how they used to be, for example, the 93-02 cars would be a good guideline for them to follow
    93-02 (any from 67-02 really) were a turd sandwich when it came to strength and build quality. we both agree the new one is fat and ugly, but it's built better

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

93-02 (any from 67-02 really) were a turd sandwich when it came to strength and build quality. we both agree the new one is fat and ugly, but it's built better

We have our Aussie mates to thank for that tho..

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    a third gen in proper paint is far better looking

Yea, I agree/realize that, but that wasn't quite what I was getting at in my previous post when I was reffering to the 4th gens. I was just trying to say that in terms of the "bang for your buck", which the 5th gen fails really bad at, Chevy needs to go back to the plan they had going with the 4th gens and bring that method to the 5th gens, which will in return make a much better car, IMO, which they probably won't do of course and the 5th gen will still be a big failboat.
    Last edited by Transamws6; 04-27-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    It's true...I love my Formula, but in reality it IS a shitbox as far as build quality. Sure they have a pretty reliable drivetrain, but it's all the little stuff, like the headlight and power window motors that suck.

They definitely are a great bang for the buck performance wise, but these cars have never been known for great build quality or reliability.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Yea, I agree/realize that, but that wasn't quite what I was getting at in my previous post when I was reffering to the 4th gens. I was just trying to say that in terms of the "bang for your buck", which the 5th gen fails really bad at, Chevy needs to go back to the plan they had going with the 4th gens and bring that method to the 5th gens, which will in return make a much better car, IMO, which they probably won't do of course and the 5th gen will still be a big failboat.
    you have to remember this is not a 5th gen per say .. It is a GM car not a lone Camaro like it has been in the past ...does that kinda make sense ..

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

That is pretty nice looking.

Needs more tire in the rear/different rims though. Then it'd be perfect.

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

GM had more than enough time to do a way better job with the 2010 camaro. imo it just looks too much like a cadillac xlr. Car and Driver said it best, A "neo-corvette underneath the deathmobile from anjmal house"

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

That is pretty nice looking.

Needs more tire in the rear/different rims though. Then it'd be perfect.
    I have given up on new cars having tire/wheel combination I like .. I hope they will come back around and this 20" rim thing will die ...

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

you have to remember this is not a 5th gen per say .. It is a GM car not a lone Camaro like it has been in the past ...does that kinda make sense ..
    Ahhhhh, i see, had to read that a few times in order to get it, but that does make sense.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

I have given up on new cars having tire/wheel combination I like .. I hope they will come back around and this 20" rim thing will die ...
    I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way.

The only newer tire/wheel combination I think that looks good are the sets on the 06+ Z06's, and the C6 ZR1's, everything else, not so much.

The 5th gen's wheels are way too big.
    Haven't seen any other 5.0 GT wheel/tire combo except the California Specials setup which is really ugly IMO.

Cyclone Grey
    2006 GTO M6

Well I drove a 2010 mero for 2000 miles and did not like it, and I am a die hard Chevy & GM guy. I like my GTO much better. Looking forward to seeing what the 2011 stang is all about. Ford & Chevy have been locking horns forever and all I see is $ getting bigger, all it takes is money and my almost stock Goat has already racked up 3 mero SS without a problem. Brand new at $27,000 with maybe $1000 extra, sorry something is amiss, the #'s for the cars is crasy, for 15K extra the Goat would be a beast.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jack View Post
    Well I drove a 2010 mero for 2000 miles and did not like it, and I am a die hard Chevy & GM guy. I like my GTO much better. Looking forward to seeing what the 2011 stang is all about. Ford & Chevy have been locking horns forever and all I see is $ getting bigger, all it takes is money and my almost stock Goat has already racked up 3 mero SS without a problem. Brand new at $27,000 with maybe $1000 extra, sorry something is amiss, the #'s for the cars is crasy, for 15K extra the Goat would be a beast.
    GTO is defiantly the better car .. They need some more MEAN .. but I wouldn't trade the GTO for a new SS..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information