Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

2010 Camaro SS vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT

This is a discussion on 2010 Camaro SS vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by justinmc978 if i had the money and had to choose between the two? yes. I'm sorry but ...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    if i had the money and had to choose between the two? yes.
    I'm sorry but GM wcould make a 650hp 3400lbs camaro and sell it for the same price as the mustang and I still wouldnt buy it. GM has failed as an American company IMO. Ford is the only real American car company left. Not saying I would buy the mustang because of this fact either.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I'm sorry but GM wcould make a 650hp 3400lbs camaro and sell it for the same price as the mustang and I still wouldnt buy it. GM has failed as an American company IMO. Ford is the only real American car company left. Not saying I would buy the mustang because of this fact either.
    opinions are like butts...

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Kind of a moot point IMO. If you're a Ford guy, you buy a Mustang, if you're a GM guy, you buy a Camaro.

I keep reading these posts on different boards, and it seems like there's alot of fair weather Camaro fans. Everybody loved it when it was faster, but then Ford comes out with a GT that can FINALLY compete with a F-Body after 18 YEARS, all the sudden it's oh no, the Mustang is better, GM needs to catch up. WTF... not counting the Cobra and other special editions, the GT has been seeing F-Bod taillights since the LT1 came out way back in '93. 'Bout damn time they came out with something that was actually competition.

And that right there speaks to the brand loyalty of a lot of Mustang fans....they KNEW they were slower, yet they still bought them and tried to modify them to keep up.

Personally, I don't give a crap if the Mustang is a few tenths faster, it's still a Mustang, and I would not buy one for that reason.

Besides, that's what the aftermarket is for. I'm guessing the 5.0 is going to be pretty maxed out as it is, and without going to FI, it's not going to respond to mods as well as a LSX will.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

My dad and I were looking at a zr1 the other day. Saleman came out asking if we were lloking to buy. My dad said "sure, do you guys have a taxpayer discount going on right now, I mean i've already paid for a good chunk of this car"

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

if i had the money and had to choose between the two? yes.
    Why? Just because it's a camaro?

1998 Trans Am

no, because i have little faith in Ford products, if i'm going to be driving it everyday and relying on it to work how it's supposed to then i'll go with the Chevrolet. also, even though you refuse to admit it, the Camaro is rarer and has much more swagger with bystanders than another mustang.

again, only if i HAD to choose between the 2. because it would take a gun to my head to get me to buy either.

frankly i could care less about the GM bailout because the job i have doesnt make me pay income taxes. and its not like that money would come back to us anyways, our government would find something else retarded to spend our money on so,

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i doubt they could..at least at a 30k price ...

Arctic White, red/gray

no, because i have little faith in Ford products, if i'm going to be driving it everyday and relying on it to work how it's supposed to then i'll go with the Chevrolet. also, even though you refuse to admit it, the Camaro is rarer and has much more swagger with bystanders than another mustang.

again, only if i HAD to choose between the 2. because it would take a gun to my head to get me to buy either.

frankly i could care less about the GM bailout because the job i have doesnt make me pay income taxes. and its not like that money would come back to us anyways, our government would find something else retarded to spend our money on so,
    Its not even about the taxes, its about supporting a company that has completely forgotten what it means to be American and is controlled by a government that has forgot what that means aswell. Its the car company of a government that is killing my country and taking my freedoms away.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    My dad and I were looking at a zr1 the other day. Saleman came out asking if we were lloking to buy. My dad said "sure, do you guys have a taxpayer discount going on right now, I mean i've already paid for a good chunk of this car"
    Hahaha, how much do they want for Zr1s these days?

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Yea, thats cool. I respect your opinion, but I will challenge it.

So I must ask, why do you have little faith in Ford products? If you have no proof or any factual evidence as to how Chevy products are more reliable than Ford products, that portion of the comment I am quoting above is completley illogical. All cars have their quirks, Chevy is really not invinsible to them by any means.

And I could really care less which car has more swagger with the bystanders, the normal car guy would buy a car because he likes it and enjoys to drive it, not because of what retarded bystanders think about it.
    Last edited by Transamws6; 04-27-2010 at 03:37 PM.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Its not even about the taxes, its about supporting a company that has completely forgotten what it means to be American and is controlled by a government that has forgot what that means aswell. Its the car company of a government that is killing my country and taking my freedoms away.
    mmm... really??? Do you not think that the UNION has the biggest part to do with this??? I mean really how much do they make building these cars?

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    While I agree with what you said for the most part, it seems like a lot of you think that the GT is going to be making the same power as it is currently by the time this new redesigned Camaro debuts.

What do you think Ford is going to be doing while GM is working hard over the next few years re-designing this Camaro? Sitting on their asses drooling over the 2011 Mustang GT?? I think not. Ford is definently going to fight back.
    ford designs one new engine per dcade--- union rules. give 1-2 years and it wont be even anymore.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    ford designs one new engine per dcade--- union rules. give 1-2 years and it wont be even anymore.
    Yea, that could be true I guess. Because if I think back on all the motors that were in the stangs, and the time periods they were offered in the cars, that does actually seem pretty accurate.

But still, the Camaro will most likely be more expensive than the GT once it is redesigned, by a huge margin I predict, it will most likely dominate the GT, just may not be worth paying the extra money for one is what I'm saying. Much better deals out there.

1998 Trans Am

Yea, thats cool. I respect your opinion, but I will challenge it.

So I must ask, why do you have little faith in Ford products? If you have no proof or any factual evidence as to how Chevy products are more reliable than Ford products, that portion of the comment I am quoting above is completley illogical. All cars have their quirks, Chevy is really not invinsible to them by any means.

And I could really care less which car has more swagger with the bystanders, the normal car guy would buy a car because he likes it and enjoys to drive it, not because of what retarded bystanders think about it.
    simple, growing up with my father, he had three trucks, all of which he bought brand new.

a '95 chevy,
    a '98 dodge,
    and an '01 ford,

he still has the dodge and chevy.

he just about threw the ford, not the chevy, to the levy, after everything it put us through. finaly scrapped it in the cash for clunkers cause it was driving us nuts. not to say the dodge and chevy never had one or two problems, but the ford was over and over and over. bad alternator, then a/c leaks, squeaky suspension, exhaust fell out from undernieth it one day, bad wheel bearings, bed came loose, radio went out, lock cylinder froze i can go on..
    Last edited by justinmc978; 04-27-2010 at 05:32 PM.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

GM paid off the Government bail out loan. We're on our own again.

Hahaha, how much do they want for Zr1s these days?
    The one in our showroom has a $123k sticker.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Also, what i'd be curious to see is how much money this redesigned Camaro will cost once it debuts, it's already a crappy deal to buy the car right now IMO, once they redesign it i'm guessing the price will go up as well and who actually knows how radical the redesigning of this car will actually be? Not sure the Camaro still has that "best bang for your buck factor" it used to have anymore, I don't see it now, and I really don't see it in the future. I mean, will it really be worth buying the redesigned Camaro over one of the Mustangs?
    Have to agree Chevy is searching for a design and it looks like they are never going to hit one everyone likes because so many want a different car .. To bad there is so few cars to chose from ... So wish Ford could bring the Falcon to US ...

2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by rkvette View Post
    why would anybody pay $75>85,000 for a special camaro ? can buy a brand new zo6 for $70,000, like a 1,000 lbs lighter ,more power 427/505 horses ,better handing, stopping, 30mpg on highway, and 100,000 mile warranty.. can run low 11 seconds /high 10 seconds/drag tires only, pure stock !!! top speed 200mph... if wanted a pony car instead, 2011/5.0mustang looks like best bang, for the buck... rkvette
    Pedders has been involved with at least 2 dozen Camaro projects that are over $100K. We are currently involved with one that will have a wide body kit, lots of electronics and 345-20 tires. Oh, she will be putting down 1200hp.

Then there have been over 100 Camaro projects that are in the $75K range

So poeple are doing a lot of upgrades

mike
    dms

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

simple, growing up with my father, he had three trucks, all of which he bought brand new.

a '95 chevy,
    a '98 dodge,
    and an '01 ford,

he still has the dodge and chevy.

he just about threw the ford, not the chevy, to the levy, after everything it put us through. finaly scrapped it in the cash for clunkers cause it was driving us nuts. not to say the dodge and chevy never had one or two problems, but the ford was over and over and over. bad alternator, then a/c leaks, squeaky suspension, exhaust fell out from undernieth it one day, bad wheel bearings, bed came loose, radio went out, lock cylinder froze i can go on..
    sounds like that thing was a lemon man.

But seriously, we experienced much of the same with our Chevy, my folks had a 96' tahoe with the 5.7 vortec up until 2004, was the biggest lemon we've owned to date, so many issues with that thing and the truck was bought brand spankin' new when I was 3 years old in 96', we had it up until 2004, they were forced to go out and buy my truck due to the tranny failing for the 4th time in a row since we've owned it and for some reason a warped cylinder head had occured (just repeating what my father told). Had a lot of eletrical issues as well, all the problems developed a couple of years after we first bought it, from bad leaks to tranny failures, the truck had it all. And no, they did not beat on it in any way.

I mean, all vehicles have their quirks, no matter what manufacturer the specific vehicle belongs to, it really doesn't make sense to me when people say one manufacturer is more reliable than another.

Same thing applies to the 5th gen vs. Mustang GT, even though they are great cars, i'm sure they will have some issues down the line as well.
    Last edited by Transamws6; 04-27-2010 at 05:56 PM.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Have to agree Chevy is searching for a design and it looks like they are never going to hit one everyone likes because so many want a different car .. To bad there is so few cars to chose from ... So wish Ford could bring the Falcon to US ...
    That is very true. If they just get some of that weight down, and do a little something to make it look better exterior/interior wise, tweak the suspension a bit, and also keep it affordable at the same time, it'd be really nice IMO. I'd take it over the Mustang anyday if Chevy did that.

But all of that will probably never happen.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    when you are the only show in town you dont have to keep improving on your product .. Look at all the Mustangs you see on the road .. Everybody hates the Mustangs because they are everywhere .. Now Ford is supposed to make a better one because .....???

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information