Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104

2010 Camaro SS vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT

This is a discussion on 2010 Camaro SS vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I really do like the new Camaro, but I like the Vette more...

  1. #41
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    I really do like the new Camaro, but I like the Vette more

  2. #42
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    this is all i have

    Click for full size

    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    man just think what Pontiac could have done with the nose on a 5th gen .. would look like a different car .. Trans Am SB .. Super Beast ...

  3. #43
    Member Lethal Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    192

    Black
    98 Z28

    The best thing I see about this new mustang GT is I hope it makes these dealers around me start pricing these camaros to move. I went out looking at some again over the weekend and I found $35K to $42K and everything in between. Lower end of the scale were demos. For that kind of money I'll buy a C6. If they want that kinda coin for the SS the Z28 will be everybit of $50K or better.

  4. #44
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    Coulda, woulda, shoulda done, but during the brief time General Motors was owned by the government, SOMEBODY told GM that making Pontiac a niche manufacturer was not a responsible use of the taxpayers' money. And I am going to have to disagree with you on the rim size, that very much depends on tire choice, rim choice, brakes, ride height, etc. I have seen some really ugly 4th gens with 18s and 19s, and some really good-looking 4th gens with 20s. I've also seen a lot set up the other way around. Pedders' 5th-gen SS has shorter tires than stock on 19-inch rims and it looks great IMHO.

  5. #45
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    The best thing I see about this new mustang GT is I hope it makes these dealers around me start pricing these camaros to move. I went out looking at some again over the weekend and I found $35K to $42K and everything in between. Lower end of the scale were demos. For that kind of money I'll buy a C6. If they want that kinda coin for the SS the Z28 will be everybit of $50K or better.
    That problem isn't brand-related. I went looking at Mustangs for kicks and couldn't find a 2010 GT at a dealer for less than $31k, let alone a 2011 5.0.

  6. #46
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    lawd those prices are crazy, i'll just go buy a low miles C5Z06 for $25k, throw a couple bucks in the hood and skunk all of you

  7. #47
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    lawd those prices are crazy, i'll just go buy a low miles C5Z06 for $25k, throw a couple bucks in the hood and skunk all of you
    That's been my train of thought on the whole issue lately. C6 Z06s are dipping down into the $35k range now too, so that is my plan of action.

  8. #48

  9. #49
    Member rkvette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    northeastern pa.
    Posts
    175

    victory red
    2007 zo6

    why would anybody pay $75>85,000 for a special camaro ? can buy a brand new zo6 for $70,000, like a 1,000 lbs lighter ,more power 427/505 horses ,better handing, stopping, 30mpg on highway, and 100,000 mile warranty.. can run low 11 seconds /high 10 seconds/drag tires only, pure stock !!! top speed 200mph... if wanted a pony car instead, 2011/5.0mustang looks like best bang, for the buck... rkvette

  10. #50
    Speak the truth jad628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,307

    Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    ever seen a camaro next to a fourth gen? it dwarfs it. they are just big vehicles. and making a fully aluminum/carbonfiber body for one like the z06/zr1 has just isnt cost effective. however making a factory stripper without 246 airbags, high definition rearviews, cup holder heaters or whatever the hell new cars have nowadays that add 100s of lbs of weight.. is much more feasable...
    Uh oh, now you've done it. You're going to be inundated by those who will support the new bodystyle... REGARDLESS. I'm envious of those heated seats. Man I love those for the thirty days a year I can use them.


    I hope GM redesigns the Camaro soon. The honeymoon is over for me. I think the new Mustang looks better, and will still fit in her wedding dress.

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    bernaillio county
    Posts
    292

    navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

    The bottom line is the 2011 gt is a better car all the way around than the 2010 camaro. You can talk variables all day like what the testers ate for dinner the nite before or what color the cars are. It doesnt matter. Chevys answer is hey lets just stuff a bigger engine in. Ford has finally taken their time and have a better car. Now lets just chevy will catch up!

  12. #52
    Speak the truth jad628's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,307

    Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    The bottom line is the 2011 gt is a better car all the way around than the 2010 camaro. You can talk variables all day like what the testers ate for dinner the nite before or what color the cars are. It doesnt matter. Chevys answer is hey lets just stuff a bigger engine in. Ford has finally taken their time and have a better car. Now lets just chevy will catch up!
    Excellent summation!

  13. #53
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    The bottom line is the 2011 gt is a better car all the way around than the 2010 camaro. You can talk variables all day like what the testers ate for dinner the nite before or what color the cars are. It doesnt matter. Chevys answer is hey lets just stuff a bigger engine in. Ford has finally taken their time and have a better car. Now lets just chevy will catch up!
    ford has taken their time compared to GM ? what do you think 5+ years of development is on the camaro...the camaro has only been out for what 2 years ? and has not increased the displacement in any of its lines...so i dont know where the taking its time and such came from.
    i find it funny you say GM's answer is stuff a bigger engine in it..despite the fact that the new gen that is being rumored is to be lighter than the 5th gen.
    isnt that what ford has just done with the new mustang..stuff a bigger engine in it ?

    i think this gap is highly exaggerated for several reasons.

    1. the car isnt even out yet so we are testing real world drivers with production cars with mag testers with pre production cars with every option available.

    2. this catch up gm needs to do would be as simple as offering a comp. gear ratio and or a 17 or 18" wheel package. if both of those are offered then the maro would beat the GT any time of day.

    3. almost all the tests have been with these performance models vs either a plain jane maro or a optioned out maro. It is all advertising.

    the 5.0 is a amazing engine and is a great step for ford...if the numbers are true in production..they have a awesome platform to build from..especially when they decide to S/c it.

    however this mustang is not the new god of the pony wars ...i am sorry to say...GM does need to do some catching up..but it is only a step behind...not a mile like most seem to believe.

  14. #54
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    The bottom line is the 2011 gt is a better car all the way around than the 2010 camaro. You can talk variables all day like what the testers ate for dinner the nite before or what color the cars are. It doesnt matter. Chevys answer is hey lets just stuff a bigger engine in. Ford has finally taken their time and have a better car. Now lets just chevy will catch up!
    Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Excellent summation!

    _____________________________________


    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ford has taken their time compared to GM ? what do you think 5+ years of development is on the camaro...the camaro has only been out for what 2 years ? and has not increased the displacement in any of its lines...so i dont know where the taking its time and such came from.
    i find it funny you say GM's answer is stuff a bigger engine in it..despite the fact that the new gen that is being rumored is to be lighter than the 5th gen.
    isnt that what ford has just done with the new mustang..stuff a bigger engine in it ?

    i think this gap is highly exaggerated for several reasons.

    1. the car isnt even out yet so we are testing real world drivers with production cars with mag testers with pre production cars with every option available.

    2. this catch up gm needs to do would be as simple as offering a comp. gear ratio and or a 17 or 18" wheel package. if both of those are offered then the maro would beat the GT any time of day.

    3. almost all the tests have been with these performance models vs either a plain jane maro or a optioned out maro. It is all advertising.

    the 5.0 is a amazing engine and is a great step for ford...if the numbers are true in production..they have a awesome platform to build from..especially when they decide to S/c it.

    however this mustang is not the new god of the pony wars ...i am sorry to say...GM does need to do some catching up..but it is only a step behind...not a mile like most seem to believe.
    better summation.

  15. #55
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ford has taken their time compared to GM ? what do you think 5+ years of development is on the camaro...the camaro has only been out for what 2 years ? and has not increased the displacement in any of its lines...so i dont know where the taking its time and such came from.
    i find it funny you say GM's answer is stuff a bigger engine in it..despite the fact that the new gen that is being rumored is to be lighter than the 5th gen.
    isnt that what ford has just done with the new mustang..stuff a bigger engine in it ?

    i think this gap is highly exaggerated for several reasons.

    1. the car isnt even out yet so we are testing real world drivers with production cars with mag testers with pre production cars with every option available.

    2. this catch up gm needs to do would be as simple as offering a comp. gear ratio and or a 17 or 18" wheel package. if both of those are offered then the maro would beat the GT any time of day.

    3. almost all the tests have been with these performance models vs either a plain jane maro or a optioned out maro. It is all advertising.

    the 5.0 is a amazing engine and is a great step for ford...if the numbers are true in production..they have a awesome platform to build from..especially when they decide to S/c it.

    however this mustang is not the new god of the pony wars ...i am sorry to say...GM does need to do some catching up..but it is only a step behind...not a mile like most seem to believe.

    Agreed. GM really doesn't need to make too many modifications to be right back on top again. When the new platform comes out I believe in the end of 2011 or possibly 2012, look for the Camaro to shave quite a few pounds and be right back on top. The numbers are already pretty close stock vs. stock as it stands right now anyway... according to your latest motortrend... or Road and Track.

  16. #56
    Senior Member Transamws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    1,036

    NBM
    '00 A4 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ford has taken their time compared to GM ? what do you think 5+ years of development is on the camaro...the camaro has only been out for what 2 years ? and has not increased the displacement in any of its lines...so i dont know where the taking its time and such came from.
    i find it funny you say GM's answer is stuff a bigger engine in it..despite the fact that the new gen that is being rumored is to be lighter than the 5th gen.
    isnt that what ford has just done with the new mustang..stuff a bigger engine in it ?

    i think this gap is highly exaggerated for several reasons.

    1. the car isnt even out yet so we are testing real world drivers with production cars with mag testers with pre production cars with every option available.

    2. this catch up gm needs to do would be as simple as offering a comp. gear ratio and or a 17 or 18" wheel package. if both of those are offered then the maro would beat the GT any time of day.

    3. almost all the tests have been with these performance models vs either a plain jane maro or a optioned out maro. It is all advertising.

    the 5.0 is a amazing engine and is a great step for ford...if the numbers are true in production..they have a awesome platform to build from..especially when they decide to S/c it.

    however this mustang is not the new god of the pony wars ...i am sorry to say...GM does need to do some catching up..but it is only a step behind...not a mile like most seem to believe.
    While I agree with what you said for the most part, it seems like a lot of you think that the GT is going to be making the same power as it is currently by the time this new redesigned Camaro debuts.

    What do you think Ford is going to be doing while GM is working hard over the next few years re-designing this Camaro? Sitting on their asses drooling over the 2011 Mustang GT?? I think not. Ford is definently going to fight back.

  17. #57
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    While I agree with what you said for the most part, it seems like a lot of you think that the GT is going to be making the same power as it is currently by the time this new redesigned Camaro debuts.

    What do you think Ford is going to be doing while GM is working hard over the next few years re-designing this Camaro? Sitting on their asses drooling over the 2011 Mustang GT?? I think not. Ford is definently going to fight back.
    It's always going to be a battle... never ending. That's how it's always been and it creates better products because of it.

  18. #58
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    While I agree with what you said for the most part, it seems like a lot of you think that the GT is going to be making the same power as it is currently by the time this new redesigned Camaro debuts.

    What do you think Ford is going to be doing while GM is working hard over the next few years re-designing this Camaro? Sitting on their asses drooling over the 2011 Mustang GT?? I think not. Ford is definently going to fight back.
    no the gt might get a jump in hp...but i am sure gm will respond.

  19. #59
    Senior Member Transamws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    1,036

    NBM
    '00 A4 SS

    Also, what i'd be curious to see is how much money this redesigned Camaro will cost once it debuts, it's already a crappy deal to buy the car right now IMO, once they redesign it i'm guessing the price will go up as well and who actually knows how radical the redesigning of this car will actually be? Not sure the Camaro still has that "best bang for your buck factor" it used to have anymore, I don't see it now, and I really don't see it in the future. I mean, will it really be worth buying the redesigned Camaro over one of the Mustangs?

  20. #60
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Also, what i'd be curious to see is how much money this redesigned Camaro will cost once it debuts, it's already a crappy deal to buy the car right now IMO, once they redesign it i'm guessing the price will go up as well and who actually knows how radical the redesigning of this car will actually be? Not sure the Camaro still has that "best bang for your buck factor" it used to have anymore, I don't see it now, and I really don't see it in the future. I mean, will it really be worth buying the redesigned Camaro over one of the Mustangs?
    if i had the money and had to choose between the two? yes.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best priced Camaro 2010 2011 Tampa tuner www.tampatuning.com
    By Tampa Tuning in forum Southern Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 07:00 PM
  2. 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2010 Ford Saleen Mustang - Ponycar
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
  3. 2011 Mustang V-6 vs 2010 Genesis Coupe vs 2010 Cam
    By trev0006 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 09:02 PM
  4. 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Camaro SS - Drag Race
    By trev0006 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 09:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •