Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

2010 Camaro on the Cover!!!

This is a discussion on 2010 Camaro on the Cover!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Silver Streak I disagree... there will be a ton of people waiting till the 2nd or 3rd ...

  1. #41
    Pony Killer Insert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    242

    Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    I disagree... there will be a ton of people waiting till the 2nd or 3rd year for prices to start to drop and for GM to work out the guaranteed bugs that they will have and allow them to tweak a few things..
    thats my plan.... wait a couple and then get one that has been refined a little... and maybe an option for wider tires... or else i just transfer my c5 wheels over

  2. #42
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Insert View Post
    hey man, i am a die hard chevy fan so dont get me wrong... i like them. but i am just saying that originally, back in the day, the SS badge meant high performance..... even above the "Zxx" models. i just hate to see the SS name get ruined. on exactly what you described above.
    The SS badged were only the top dog of the Lot cars. Z cars were the top models but most had to be Ordered (excluding Z28). No SS Camaro could hang with the ZL1, No SS chevelle (in 65) could touch the Z16 396 Chevelle. The Z06 was the Ultimate vette in 63 and the recent ones, The ZR1 in the mid 90's and now. SS's were king of the lot cars but the Z codes were usually the faster optioned and are the rarest. The Z28 was a handling option much like the Z-51 vettes and kind of out of character for the Z code's original uses.

    Amazing how times change. An SS HHR can run times as fast or faster than small block SS Chevelles. The LS4 impala SS's are as fast or faster than the 96 Impala SS's and the TB SS's are almost as quick as big block chevelles.
    Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 06-07-2008 at 03:44 PM.

  3. #43
    old,not slow
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ft.Worth, TX
    Age
    56
    Posts
    133

    Ceyenne Red Metalic
    1998 Z28 "vert

    GM has proven any car can be an "SS", but only a CAMARO can be a "Z28"

  4. #44
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by gjb View Post
    If I were to get one, it'd be the ls9. However, the gas door is on the wrong side of the car. I have to think about what I think about that.
    Gas door? You are worried about the gas door? Come on!

  5. #45
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    o come on!! the '69 z29 was WWAAYY underrated. i dont care about the 396 SS. the dz302 was a badass that was THE TOP DOG. why the fact of the Yenko z28 and no yenko ss???? i like the fact of the z28 being the best and a limited edition.



    remember... any chevy can be an SS, only the Camaro can be a Z28...

  6. #46
    Member Mr. Hyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    57
    Posts
    913

    Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

    and only a Cavalier can be a Z24........

  7. #47
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    and only a Cavalier can be a Z24........

  8. #48
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    Only the lumina can be the Z26

  9. #49
    Pony Killer Insert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    242

    Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    well guys i have some bad news. all this talk about new camaros. and in another thread there were pics taken from the GM plant in Oshawa (canada), and it showed camaro bodies on the line.

    however, GM has recently announced that it will be shutting down the plant next year (probably to move it out of North America and into some third world country where they can get cheaper labour). but anyways, they are shutting down the plant next year, and the workers have all gone on strike now. so i am just wondering, does anyone know if there are other assembly lines that were made to produce camaros. because if this plant shuts down in a year, then how many camaros does that make?

  10. #50
    Pony Killer Insert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    242

    Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Insert View Post
    well guys i have some bad news. all this talk about new camaros. and in another thread there were pics taken from the GM plant in Oshawa (canada), and it showed camaro bodies on the line.

    however, GM has recently announced that it will be shutting down the plant next year (probably to move it out of North America and into some third world country where they can get cheaper labour). but anyways, they are shutting down the plant next year, and the workers have all gone on strike now. so i am just wondering, does anyone know if there are other assembly lines that were made to produce camaros. because if this plant shuts down in a year, then how many camaros does that make?
    nevermind, its only the pick-up line that is being closed due to bad sales. the camaro assembly line remains uneffected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2010 Ford Saleen Mustang - Ponycar
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
  2. 2010 camaro engine cover
    By myzisbetter in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 12:06 PM
  3. 2010 Chevy Camaro V6 LT vs 2010 Hyundai Genesis Co
    By trev0006 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 02:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •