Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

2010 Camaro on the Cover!!!

This is a discussion on 2010 Camaro on the Cover!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Silver Streak I disagree... there will be a ton of people waiting till the 2nd or 3rd ...

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    I disagree... there will be a ton of people waiting till the 2nd or 3rd year for prices to start to drop and for GM to work out the guaranteed bugs that they will have and allow them to tweak a few things..
    thats my plan.... wait a couple and then get one that has been refined a little... and maybe an option for wider tires... or else i just transfer my c5 wheels over

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by Insert View Post
    hey man, i am a die hard chevy fan so dont get me wrong... i like them. but i am just saying that originally, back in the day, the SS badge meant high performance..... even above the "Zxx" models. i just hate to see the SS name get ruined. on exactly what you described above.
    The SS badged were only the top dog of the Lot cars. Z cars were the top models but most had to be Ordered (excluding Z28). No SS Camaro could hang with the ZL1, No SS chevelle (in 65) could touch the Z16 396 Chevelle. The Z06 was the Ultimate vette in 63 and the recent ones, The ZR1 in the mid 90's and now. SS's were king of the lot cars but the Z codes were usually the faster optioned and are the rarest. The Z28 was a handling option much like the Z-51 vettes and kind of out of character for the Z code's original uses.

Amazing how times change. An SS HHR can run times as fast or faster than small block SS Chevelles. The LS4 impala SS's are as fast or faster than the 96 Impala SS's and the TB SS's are almost as quick as big block chevelles.
    Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 06-07-2008 at 03:44 PM.

old,not slow

Ceyenne Red Metalic
    1998 Z28 "vert

GM has proven any car can be an "SS", but only a CAMARO can be a "Z28"

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by gjb View Post
    If I were to get one, it'd be the ls9. However, the gas door is on the wrong side of the car. I have to think about what I think about that.
    Gas door? You are worried about the gas door? Come on!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

o come on!! the '69 z29 was WWAAYY underrated. i dont care about the 396 SS. the dz302 was a badass that was THE TOP DOG. why the fact of the Yenko z28 and no yenko ss???? i like the fact of the z28 being the best and a limited edition.

remember... any chevy can be an SS, only the Camaro can be a Z28...

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

and only a Cavalier can be a Z24........

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    and only a Cavalier can be a Z24........

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Only the lumina can be the Z26

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

well guys i have some bad news. all this talk about new camaros. and in another thread there were pics taken from the GM plant in Oshawa (canada), and it showed camaro bodies on the line.

however, GM has recently announced that it will be shutting down the plant next year (probably to move it out of North America and into some third world country where they can get cheaper labour). but anyways, they are shutting down the plant next year, and the workers have all gone on strike now. so i am just wondering, does anyone know if there are other assembly lines that were made to produce camaros. because if this plant shuts down in a year, then how many camaros does that make?

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Insert View Post
    well guys i have some bad news. all this talk about new camaros. and in another thread there were pics taken from the GM plant in Oshawa (canada), and it showed camaro bodies on the line.

however, GM has recently announced that it will be shutting down the plant next year (probably to move it out of North America and into some third world country where they can get cheaper labour). but anyways, they are shutting down the plant next year, and the workers have all gone on strike now. so i am just wondering, does anyone know if there are other assembly lines that were made to produce camaros. because if this plant shuts down in a year, then how many camaros does that make?
    nevermind, its only the pick-up line that is being closed due to bad sales. the camaro assembly line remains uneffected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information