Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

2010 Camaro on the Cover!!!

This is a discussion on 2010 Camaro on the Cover!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by camarojunky74 however the ss in my personal opinion should always be the top dog, but in the ...

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    however the ss in my personal opinion should always be the top dog, but in the last few years gm has done a good job of ruining that legacy with cars like the ss malibu, the hhr and the cobalt, none of those cars should have been labeled ss but rather another name, its all a marketing strategy used by all the auto manufacturers.

so basically what im saying, is traditionally the z28 rings camaro more than ss. and my point will only get stronger with every stupid ss malibu and cobalt and monte carlo to hit the streets.

i would prefer they use ss, but not the same style as the new cars, but rather the old style similar to the cars we are driving around today.

also as far as the mustang and hoping that the camaro will own it, no worries my friends we dont need hopes and dreams and superchargers to hang onto driving the top domestic muscle car, we just need great engineering big tires and big cubic inches. the rest will be history the mustang will fold once again, and you and i will be kicking sand in the gt500's face with our new s/c camaro.
    i completely agree... SS used to mean something. now it seems there is an SS package available for every car out there. it used to be a marker that meant "this car will kick your aSS", now it seems they throw some chrome exhaust tips on anything and call it SS.... i mean if you go back through time... camaro, impala, and Chevelle, etc, all had SS models, adn those cars were the badass cars of hte lineup. hell even hte old monte carlo's from 80's had an ss model that was a performance version of the base model.
    i mean, there are damn "SS" SUV's now... wtf?

Black
    02 Z28

SS, according to GM, is a normal line-up vehicle with suspension, appearance,and mechanical upgrades to meet "world-class" expectations...in other words, their nice little chevys that'll run with and take visual cues from your lexus, infiniti, and especially, acura concepts.
    However the Z's, those beautiful Z'z: Z06, Z28, Z71, there was even a Beretta Z(16?). Those Z's were made for the domestic power hungry masses.
    Therefore; an SS cobalt makes sense (see acura TSX, Civic Si), as does a Malibu SS (some of the V6 audis, turboed Volvos, etc.),
    and although an SS truck is cool, I'd rather have the Z71.
    Hope this makes sense to you guys, I'm know I'm brainwashed, but I can't see anything the general does as being without merit...

Mineral Grey
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    It better be able to own a Mustang!
    you can count on that, with it being 5 to 8 grand over the price of the GT, yea, I see it being a Low 13, high 12 car off the show room floor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    . The Camaro will be offered with a 6 speed auto or 6speed manual, and the price of admission starts at $20,000 and goes up to the mid to upper $30,000 range for the SS model.
    GT being 26K - 29K loaded. So it looks like the overhead cam direct-injected 3.6 liter V-6 developing upward of 300bhp
    will be closer to the GT Price range. Camaro SS 35K - 38K loaded and the Z28 will compete with the GT500 42K+ range
    Last edited by 2K05GT; 06-05-2008 at 07:24 PM.

Mineral Grey
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody4ever View Post
    and although an SS truck is cool, I'd rather have the Z71.
    +1000
    I love my Z71 off road 4X4. Best truck ever made..

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ...*cough* LS9 *cough*
    just gms way of saying look ford... we can do it too... and still kick your ass lol... dont get me wrong, i love alot of fords, id kill to have an 03 cobra but... hey... gotta admit, GM is way ahead of them in the engine game

Black
    2002 Camaro SS M6

SS, according to GM, is a normal line-up vehicle with suspension, appearance,and mechanical upgrades to meet "world-class" expectations...
    hey man, i am a die hard chevy fan so dont get me wrong... i like them. but i am just saying that originally, back in the day, the SS badge meant high performance..... even above the "Zxx" models. i just hate to see the SS name get ruined. on exactly what you described above.

Black
    02 Z28

Yeah, I wish SS still meant that the car had the biggest motor available. Remember chevelle, camaro, el camino, impala, etc., etc., all with 396's? Didn't the nova even get the SS?
    Unfortunately we live in a time when the only pony car being produced is the mustang, and the charger, that big beautiful beast whose name is almost synonimous with muscle, is a fu*k*n 4 door!
    Today I saw a riced out saturn with "import killer" across the rear window!
    Some kid tried to take my '02 Z in a scion TC!
    These are truly strange times my friends...strange, scary times

Black
    02 Z28

any news on how much that other pony car entry will cost?
    I don't like the way it looks, but at least the challenger is a two door.

pewter
    02 CAMARO SS

yeah SS is getting thrown around too much. and the wheels on the new Camaro i'm not liking, 20x8 too big and not wide enough. when doing a burn out i like to leave a big patch

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlusTen View Post
    just gms way of saying look ford... we can do it too... and still kick your ass lol... dont get me wrong, i love alot of fords, id kill to have an 03 cobra but... hey... gotta admit, GM is way ahead of them in the engine game
    i will agree on the engine thing..but no the reason why they needed to add a s/c is to keep up with the h/p wars and gm's target output..the displacment was was to much and couldnt be achieved with the csb and pass emissions..had nothing to do with gm saying hey we can do it better.

WS6 Rice Extermination MaxPlusTen's Avatar

Medium Quazar Blue
    1997 Trans Am LT1

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i will agree on the engine thing..but no the reason why they needed to add a s/c is to keep up with the h/p wars and gm's target output..the displacment was was to much and couldnt be achieved with the csb and pass emissions..had nothing to do with gm saying hey we can do it better.
    i agree, its just fun to give ford guys shit about it lol. Most of my ford buddys can still blow me out of the water in there 03s and machs lol

BLACK
    02 CAMARO SS a4

Quote Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
    you can count on that, with it being 5 to 8 grand over the price of the GT, yea, I see it being a Low 13, high 12 car off the show room floor

GT being 26K - 29K loaded. So it looks like the overhead cam direct-injected 3.6 liter V-6 developing upward of 300bhp
    will be closer to the GT Price range. Camaro SS 35K - 38K loaded and the Z28 will compete with the GT500 42K+ range
    my thing is why pay 42 grand for a camaro when u can get a vette for 45 grand

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

my only fear is when this sucker realeses, it will catch on like the "new mustang" craze...ever notice how many of those you see EVERY DAY? like 10 atleast, of those maybe only 3 are GT's.

Same with the charger-those are everywhere!

BLACK
    02 CAMARO SS a4

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    my only fear is when this sucker realeses, it will catch on like the "new mustang" craze...ever notice how many of those you see EVERY DAY? like 10 atleast, of those maybe only 3 are GT's.

yea i know good for gm there selling cars bad for us to many on road so makes car less sexy thats one reason i bought my ss cause u dont c them on the road everyday like u do a mustang but as u can c that wasnt good 4 gm so they canned the car and the mustangs just kept selling also they should b able to sell the ss for about 32 to 33 grand fully loaded that was the price for the gto and i still think that was a good bargain compared to the mustang at 280hp for 30 grand fully loaded

Mineral Grey
    2005 Mustang GT

any news on how much that other pony car entry will cost?
    I don't like the way it looks, but at least the challenger is a two door.
    I already checked into this, the SRT will start at 37,950 this could be where GM is getting it's base price since it equals it in HP
    and I beleive the LS3 at 400 is underated.

Quote Originally Posted by hmorris7000 View Post
    my thing is why pay 42 grand for a camaro when u can get a vette for 45 grand
    True, buthey are two different classes of cars, I do not think the LS9 Vette will cost 45K I wil bet close to 70K.
    Last edited by 2K05GT; 06-06-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Mineral Grey
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by hmorris7000 View Post
    yea i know good for gm there selling cars bad for us to many on road so makes car less sexy thats one reason i bought my ss cause u dont c them on the road everyday like u do a mustang but as u can c that wasnt good 4 gm so they canned the car and the mustangs just kept selling also they should b able to sell the ss for about 32 to 33 grand fully loaded that was the price for the gto and i still think that was a good bargain compared to the mustang at 280hp for 30 grand fully loaded
    The mustang Fully loaded is 29K but is also 300HP not 280
    the GTO was a good buy for 400 but when I was looking at them in 2005 they were 34K
    I beleive the article is correct on the Price of the new Camaro at 35-38K
    GM selling the 300 hp Camaro at the same price as the current 300hp GT under 30K. the camaro ss is too hot to sell at the GT price range, it will be up there with the Challenger it's closest compeditor. the 2010 GT350 will be the 400hp Camaro SS compeditor in 2010-11.

The Camaro has always had more HP and Cost more than the Mustang, but thats why the mustang always out sold the camaro.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post

I think a ton will get sold the first year, then after that sales will tank, because just about everyone who wants and can afford one will have bought one already.

Something tells me there's not going to be much of a market for these cars when gas is 6 or 7 bucks a gallon.

I also read in Hemmings that Lutz said the Camaro is going to be a premium product, with better interior and suspension, and that it won't go toe to toe with the Mustang or Challenger on pricing.

Kind of seems like the SS is going to be competing with Shelby-ized Stangs, at least price wise.

The Cadillac direct injected V6 makes 300hp, so if they went that route, it'd probably be a good match for a GT. I also read that they're considering using the turbo Ecotec from the Solstice and Cobalt SS.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    I think a ton will get sold the first year, then after that sales will tank, because just about everyone who wants and can afford one will have bought one already.

Something tells me there's not going to be much of a market for these cars when gas is 6 or 7 bucks a gallon.

I disagree... there will be a ton of people waiting till the 2nd or 3rd year for prices to start to drop and for GM to work out the guaranteed bugs that they will have and allow them to tweak a few things..
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

i just love how the camaro v6 engine will make over 300hp while the current mustang v8 makes only 300 haha

Mineral Grey
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper415 View Post
    i just love how the camaro v6 engine will make over 300hp while the current mustang v8 makes only 300 haha
    hey as technology improves you will see 1.8L N/A 4 bangers making 300+hp and get 40 mpg, thats the natural progression of things. the current mustang 4.6L 300hp engine is using 20 century technology, the new GM 3.6 DI is a 21 century tecnnology. if you want to laugh you need to laugh also at at the LS2, L76 and LS3's, the GM 3.6L DI is making over 3/4 the hp of engines almost twice it's size that are only making 65-100hp more.

The 21 century engines are going to amaze us with there efficiency and power. where displacment will no longer be the factor for power and technology will. Even the 4.6L 3V engine is making the same power and the previous 4V cobra engine. My 4.6L with just intake, tune and full exhaust is close to 400bhp, thats amazing out of a small engine nothing to laugh at.
    Last edited by 2K05GT; 06-07-2008 at 10:17 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information