2010 b4c ?

This is a discussion on 2010 b4c ? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Does anyone know whether or not there is a B4C (police) option available for the new 2010 Camaro ? I'm ...

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

2010 b4c ?

Does anyone know whether or not there is a B4C (police) option available for the new 2010 Camaro ? I'm trying to look ahead. . .

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Yeah, you can pull vids up on youtube of new police camaros. I, myself, do not find these models interesting. Just another Z with a few little tweaks on the computer end of things (performance-wise). When I was searching for my camaro, I made SURE I wasn't buying a B4C.

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

When I was looking for my Camaro, I made SURE I was buying a B4C. . .

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Ripinator View Post
    When I was looking for my Camaro, I made SURE I was buying a B4C. . .
    Whys that

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    Whys that
    extra factory hp? dk

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Yeah but do you have to pay more for that

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    Whys that
    That is a very good question. Thinking back, I knew I wanted a B4C option car because of the positive experience I've had with my 9C1/LT1 '95 police Caprice. I liked all the "heavy-up" stuff on that car, the performance setup in the computer, the cop suspension and the plain-Jane looks. I bought the car four years ago with 113K on it. I still drive the car every day and due to the care and maintenance the cops performed on it, it still runs as if its still new.

I picked up the Camaro B4C with 109K on the clock. The car is tight (no t-tops) and very fast. It was obviously maintained to a high standard by the North Carolina state police. It uses no oil and is cosmetically in very nice shape. Although it is technically a Z-28 under the skin, there are no badges or stripes / decals on the car. Its alot like my Caprice, in that it is also very plain-Jane. If it wasn't for the sound of the exhaust, it could easily pass as a V-6 Camaro coupe.

I guess you could say that I just really like a "sleeper."

Rip

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Yah. The B4C Camaros had either "CAMARO" on the front fenders or no badges at all with the 4th gens.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Rip - Nice to see your happy with your B4C. When I was a teenie-bopper I wanted one pretty bad as well. However, I got to realize that it probably wouldn't be such a good idea, seeing as how our local counties treat the cars, and talk about what they do to "break-in" the new ones. Hell, the impounds that they seize and possess become junkers within weeks. This being the reason why I lost interest in purchasing a B4C. However, this is from my own personal experience and witnessing, as yours has turned out to be a different story.

In general, when most people see that it was previously used in LE, they either react in joy and excitement, sometimes willing to pay a little more, or they run away. I'm sure you could understand both sides of this logic. As for the "upgraded computer performance", that can be done by Frost in the neighborhood of a hundred bucks, and the "cop suspension" consists of what? If you buy a set of SFCs, an adjustable Panhard Bar, and a STB, and that's more than likely comparable to, or perharps more, than what GM gives the force on their cars. All between $300-$500 at that! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing Fairfax County LS1 cars, and even go out of my way to get beside them and throw 'em a big thumbs up, but I would NEVER consider purchasing one. Just because you've had good luck with an older model thats been put away by the force, doesn't mean they're all like that. And just because I've had good luck with an older model thats been put away by a young punk w/ too much money that bought a new 2SS, doesn't mean they're all like that either. Ok, I'm done ranting I just happen to see an LT1 advertised in the local paper claiming "B4C", and asking $3k above book value and it pissed me off. People think just because it was some cop's bitch toy for a little while, it brings more money Just another LT1 really

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Do the B4Cs even have a tighter ratio steering box like the high optioned SLP SS/WS6s?

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Rip - Nice to see your happy with your B4C. When I was a teenie-bopper I wanted one pretty bad as well. However, I got to realize that it probably wouldn't be such a good idea, seeing as how our local counties treat the cars, and talk about what they do to "break-in" the new ones. . . . yours has turned out to be a different story.

In general, when most people see that it was previously used in LE, they either react in joy and excitement, sometimes willing to pay a little more, or they run away. I'm sure you could understand both sides of this logic. As for the "upgraded computer performance", that can be done by Frost in the neighborhood of a hundred bucks, and the "cop suspension" consists of what? If you buy a set of SFCs, an adjustable Panhard Bar, and a STB, and that's more than likely comparable to, or perharps more, than what GM gives the force on their cars. All between $300-$500 at that! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing Fairfax County LS1 cars, and even go out of my way to get beside them and throw 'em a big thumbs up, but I would NEVER consider purchasing one. Just because you've had good luck with an older model thats been put away by the force, doesn't mean they're all like that. And just because I've had good luck with an older model thats been put away by a young punk w/ too much money that bought a new 2SS, doesn't mean they're all like that either. Ok, I'm done ranting I just happen to see an LT1 advertised in the local paper claiming "B4C", and asking $3k above book value and it pissed me off. People think just because it was some cop's bitch toy for a little while, it brings more money Just another LT1 really
    I hear what you are saying here. . . However, I feel these B4C cars, more than likely, were driven by 'adults' and most state police departments are generally known for excellent maintenance. So far that concept has been born out with respect to the two police cars I own. . .

Also, I agree with all that you say here, but I wanted a car that was already set up suspension and performance-wise, and I wanted to keep the car as near stock as possible. I don't know why, but originality is important to me.

I also agree that people asking a premium price for a B4C is highly annoying. . . In my opinion, these cars are really worth no more than a comparable Z-28.

Rip

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 camaro b4c

B4C

So far i've dumped a new longblock, tranny, rear and all suspension parts into my 02 b4c. (I got it for 11k and have spent about 14,000 in 3 years) Now that its paid off i'm looking for another camaro but you can bet it will not be another B4C! this is my 4th camaro and my most unlucky one yet. I do like the story behind it and the sleeper/ stripper looks but for a grand you can beef up and tune a SS or Z-28 and have better reliability as the cops do beat the crap out of these cars. Yes, regular maintenence but that dosent make up for all that abuse IMHO.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenbitch View Post
    So far i've dumped a new longblock, tranny, rear and all suspension parts into my 02 b4c. (I got it for 11k and have spent about 14,000 in 3 years) Now that its paid off i'm looking for another camaro but you can bet it will not be another B4C! this is my 4th camaro and my most unlucky one yet. I do like the story behind it and the sleeper/ stripper looks but for a grand you can beef up and tune a SS or Z-28 and have better reliability as the cops do beat the crap out of these cars. Yes, regular maintenence but that dosent make up for all that abuse IMHO.
    This is true. Whether it's one officer or all, in any given department, you can bet the car will be driven. BUT, that's what they were made to do. AND GM obviously knew they were going to see hard-driving, as they were making them to be a suitable enough car to be part of the force.

Some people have ended up with good ones, some have not. Sorry about your luck, but hey, there is a bright side. Atleast, you know the history of the existing powertrain

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Dark Blue Metallic
    2002 camaro b4c

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    This is true. Whether it's one officer or all, in any given department, you can bet the car will be driven. BUT, that's what they were made to do. AND GM obviously knew they were going to see hard-driving, as they were making them to be a suitable enough car to be part of the force.

Some people have ended up with good ones, some have not. Sorry about your luck, but hey, there is a bright side. Atleast, you know the history of the existing powertrain
    No doubt!! I will say that i'm not going to sell my car cause it handles and runs well. (I've got to get my pic posted with my mods this week)

Thread Information