Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2009 Camaros.....!?!?!

This is a discussion on 2009 Camaros.....!?!?! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i should be done paying my Z off by 2009 so that way i will be able to keep both. ...

Black
    2002 Chevy Z28

i should be done paying my Z off by 2009 so that way i will be able to keep both. havent decided on either the vert or the hardtop.. leaning to the vert though. does anyone know what packages are going to be offered by any chance?

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I think they look great. Better then the Mustang.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

the new camaro looks pretty damn good to me. im not one for the retro craze but all the companies i think have done pretty well incorporating the lineage of the originals into the new vehicles. i thought the challenger looked great, just the shifter looked alittle dildo-ish. i think the new camaro does a better job of being a "throwback" to the first gens than the mustang has, and the camaro is clean and stout looking. the stang looks alittle too weird for me. i dont get the whole ss, z28 thing. they are making it sound as if the z will be the step up from the ss, or just the vette will get the ss. its all pretty stupid.
    i do have to say no to the v6 option. that makes a muscle car pansy IMO.

orange
    99 z28

not a fan, when will gm learn-every time they "hold back" they lose money and customers to damn rice.

what would have been wrong with a lightweight car with aggressive drivetrain, not just looks. ls7 or supercharged ls2 is what it needs, 12 bolt rear end (not sure if it does?) ATTRACTIVE interior, no shltty plastic everything, no rattles...maybe some cool options like colored stitching on leather new style reverse glow gauges, rim options, no need for cags elim. etc.

if they could do that i'd buy one

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

The thread was started and the question asked by a 99' mustang gt and he says the camaro is ugly? The 99' is great for a 79' fairmont I guess.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

now we gotta start taking bets as to how long after the first one comes out until there are already hp mods for it. i figure itl take at least a few months until people figure out what needs improvement and they begin to manufacture it. obviously theyll be tons of exhaust options but i mean things like lids, larger tb's, different intakes, etc.

Iraq money well spent. TRY ME GT's Avatar

Black on Black
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I think they are beautiful cars, and they've got a great muscle car look. I just hope they are not too heavy. My SS has been paid off for a year now so I think Ill buy one in maybe 2010 or 11ish. Id like to get a slightly used high horsepower version. I probably wont buy one unless its has at least 450hp from the factory. I would really...REALLY..like to get one if it has an LS7! Damn that would be sweeeeeet.

Black/Black
    1999 Z28 M6 Vert

Sorry to get off subject but Try Me GT where you from...where you serve in iraq? i also used my money saved in iraq to pay for mine...kinda funny, i did a year in tallil/nasiriyah

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Orange99z28 View Post
    not a fan, when will gm learn-every time they "hold back" they lose money and customers to damn rice.

what would have been wrong with a lightweight car with aggressive drivetrain, not just looks. ls7 or supercharged ls2 is what it needs, 12 bolt rear end (not sure if it does?) ATTRACTIVE interior, no shltty plastic everything, no rattles...maybe some cool options like colored stitching on leather new style reverse glow gauges, rim options, no need for cags elim. etc.

Unless GM changes something between now and then, they are coming with IRS, not a solid axle.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

I love the new Camaros and will buy the vert as soon as it hits. It will be a minute after the HT comes out when the Vert comes out suposedly so that leaves some time to get some bugs out. Hopefully by that time my Z will be in single digits and there will be no need for a track monster but a nice comfortable quick cruiser.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Orange99z28 View Post

you know i hated cags too and disabling it was one of the first things i did after i got my car, but then i started thinking that it was actually a GOOD feature to have on the cars. the whole purpose was to bump up the mpg just enough to get around the $2000 gas guzzler tax. so would you rather pay an extra 2k for a new car or buy a .25 cent resistor from radioshack and spend 10 minutes putting it in?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information