Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

2009 Camaro vid

This is a discussion on 2009 Camaro vid within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; sweet! i hope GM follows through with it....

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

sweet! i hope GM follows through with it.

silver
    2002 Mustang GT

but why did they have to take the same rout, as ford did with the rustang?

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

GM has to step back into the pony/musclecar void since Ford is cleaning up in that segment; there are very few choices left in that particular market. Ford, arguably, has made improvements to the Fox platform and hasn't let as much grass grow under their feet as GM has. Chrysler started the 'big chunky muscular' look with the 300M and is riding on the success of the resurrected Hemi name. (Many of you were only a twinkle in your parents' eyes when the Hemi name first came out...) GM only released the Monaro/GTO platform into the US as a stopgap measure to say "We have a performance car other than the Corvette and various Cadillac models". You notice how Cadillac sales have skyrocketed since it shed it's luxoboat cruiser image and gotten a cleaner, leaner, edgier body style along with a substantial performance boost? I don't know if any Cadillacs are front-drivers any more. Why doesn't GM release a Pontiac Solstice / Saturn Sky with a performance V6 instead of a 4 banger? Given the financial crunch GM is currently in, they're not putting money into anything that doesn't give them a big return for the buck: they're not taking any chances. To me, this car has the same "me too" look that Chrysler is pushing. I love my T/A, but GM has to come up with something more original to deliver a knock-out punch. I want something leaner, meaner looking, not a Chysler clone. Just my $0.02, GM's got to be proactive, not reactive. Also, even though they may not make big $$$ in the musclecar/specialty car segment they still should care about maintaining their corporate image. Hell, Chevrolet finally outsold Ford after many years - GM needs to regain some momentum and, (ahem) build a little more quality into their products. They're trying to project the quality image with the Buick Lucerne (?); they talk the talk, let's see if they walk the walk. Jury's out on this one.
    Last edited by Fastcar; 01-08-2006 at 12:48 PM.

Red
    02' Z28 M6

I think someone at Cadillac lent Chevy the plans for the CTS-V and some play doh. Really, I think we are all settling for just anything, this car does not capture the retro nearly as much a Ford with the Mustang or Chrysler with the Challenger........Have you seen that Challenger, even has the shotgun shifter........GO HEMI!!!!!! And think about it, only a LS2 with 400HP, that won't even touch the new Cobra and will cost almost as much. I think GM could of done a much better job, but as usual, they rushed it......anyone got that picture of that Hemi Orange Concept Camaro that was floating on the forum a few years back, they need to send it to Detroit.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Thanks for the link! God that new Camaro has to be one of the worst since the charger! Looks like a Mustang front with a Corvett rear! I think I'd rather suck a mans cock, than be seen in something like that. If it doesn't carry the camaro name, and they call it something else... I would be ok with it. But this is blasphemy! I guess I'll just keep pumping money into my 4th gen to keep it alive till I die. The first and the fourth gens were the only gens that Chevy got it right!! Well, the third gens weren't bad either .

Rob
    Last edited by graphicsgod; 01-09-2006 at 04:02 PM.

Hotrod
    Hopefully with this just being a "Concept", the actuall production model will look a little different. That front clip looks like $hit, and once again it has some subtle half-a$$ hood scoop instead of something aggressive looking! Looks to me like they tried to go with something "classy & high-end looks, with a lot of power" instead of "I'm goona kick your a$$, cause I'm a fast hotrod" look. If it doesn't change at all I can't say I'm gonna be first in line to buy one. Hell it'll be so expensive I won't be able to buy it anyways!!

Hotrod
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicsgod
    I think I'd rather suck a mans cock, than be seen in something like that.

Rob

Don't think I'd take it that far but it's funny as hell!

Dark blue metallic
    2000 TransAm

How about this 5th Gen concept car?

Attachment 2166

Last edited by Fastcar; 09-15-2007 at 02:53 AM.

SSslow
    me likes

Quote Originally Posted by InterestedErick
    I wont be able to afford one but it should bring the ls1 f-bodies down in price
    ? I think they already are down in price.

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod
    Don't think I'd take it that far but it's funny as hell!
    Yeah my uncle thought it was funny since he emailed me after seeing it. He also hates the new concept.

Quote:
    Heh heh funny post. Wouldn't go that far though lol...

Ugly as a shit sandwich. Very disappointing.

500 horsepower sounds good, though.

Check out the proposed Dodge Challenger concept. http://automobilemag.com/photo_galle...ger_01_445.jpg

Rik
    /End Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcar

Attachment 2166

Looks slightly better, but still the same .

Rob

silver
    98 z28

Attachment 2166

I LIKE IT

Necction
    I gotta say I kinda dig it. The mopar looks more like its out of the 60s, but I for one want a new look to the car even if its based on the older ones. That gives it heritage and family connections but if i wanted a car that looks exactly like a 69 Camaro SS, I would go and buy a 69 Camaro SS.

I just wish they spiff up that front end and the interior a bit, the rest can stay the same.
    Last edited by Necction; 01-10-2006 at 09:36 AM.

Black
    SLP Camaro SS

Ill buy it!

Red
    93 Viper

it better come out looking just like that

Red
    02' Z28 M6

Attachment 2166

Yep, very nice

certainly does not look like an XLR with an Avalanche top on it.

SNKSKNR
    nice

Hotrod
    It's the fron end that I don't like. I've had a chance to see all the pics now and the rest of the car looks awesome but that nose comes out to a point and it looks like it has almost no grill and can hardely see the headlights. I'm not as old as others (born in 1979) but everyone keeps saying it looks like a 1969 Camaro, but the 69's I've seen looks nothing like that front-end!! And I've never liked Camaro hoods, they need to take some styling lessons from the WS-6 hood! This is the front clip I really like, especially if they wanna go retro:

silver
    02/SS/M6

Not bad, but need to swap that big ass bowtie out for an SS or a Z/28 badge. Oh and hopefully they wont make a V6 version with pizza cutters like them damn 05 pusstangs (THAT ARE EVERYWHERE). just my .02

black
    1999 Trans Am

That Camaro Sucks. Would never buy that! I'm just going to keep investing into the T/A

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information