Thread: 2009 Camaro

SSMOKIN_SS

2009 Camaro

Okay everyone knows that GM is coming out with the 2009 Camaro in mid/late 2008. But what I want to know is will that be the only model year that they will make, or will the keep models coming for years later? Or will they do what they did with the GTO. Just curious.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

if more people buy them, im sure they would make more models. But if no1 does, why wood they still produce them? Im guessing its gonna be like the GTO. Never the less ill always love the LS1 camaro's more.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

hopefully its a hit like the new mustang

SSMOKIN_SS
    Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    hopefully its a hit like the new mustang
    I don't know why people even buy the new mustangs. Well, okay I understand why they (they being Ford fanatics) buy the GT, Cobra, Saleen, Shelby becasue there is some power there, but for crying out loud the base models?! They are so fucking ugly. I just don't understand.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

They'll have to price it right...as in staying out of vette territory and staying in the stang/challenger area.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

The young girls love to own the V6 stangs...esp. the convertibles. The parents don't mind them either...unfortunately.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

gm needs the new camaro to be a hit....badly. they are not doing well. neither is ford btw. toyota is killing them both. gas needs to get cheaper or at the very least not go up more, otherwise people will continue to buy economical foreign cars instead of the gas guzzling american ones.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

The Camaro needs to sell strong, but I'm sure they will have no problem with it. It has been a hit at every auto show it has been at HT or vert. And with most of the issues the kept the stang selling addressed My bet is that it will out sell the stang. I know of one buyer here soon as the vert hits.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Im sure it will sell good if they put that gay ass Active Fuel Management system in it...but im sure they wont do that

I hope they put the 4.3L in the V6 Camaros...I have an Xtreme with a 4.3 in it and i love it. Strong little motor.

hugger orange
    1999 Camaro

I think with all the r@d they have done that it will have to have a poduction run of at least three years to break even. I'm hping that it goes on longer and who knows may be it will I'm not sold on the styling of it and given the choice at this point would probably buy a new challenger even though I'm a G.M. person at heart.

SSMOKIN_SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixter99 View Post
    I think with all the r@d they have done that it will have to have a poduction run of at least three years to break even. I'm hping that it goes on longer and who knows may be it will I'm not sold on the styling of it and given the choice at this point would probably buy a new challenger even though I'm a G.M. person at heart.
    I'm with you. Not that I would buy the new challenger even though cosmetically I think it looks better than the camaro. But I fell in love with fourth gen. camaros and to see whats been called the greatest muscle car ever built take on this new high tech, 21 cen. retro design of the old school camaros of the '60s isn't what I would of done. Sure the idea worked brilliantly for the mustang I thought GM should've taken a different direction.

Thread Information