Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

2009/10 camaro look lik its gonna b heavy!!! check this link out!!

This is a discussion on 2009/10 camaro look lik its gonna b heavy!!! check this link out!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; The new corvette will not be a 6.2 supercharged 475hp motor, the ls7 makes 505 they wouldnt make less horsepower, ...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

The new corvette will not be a 6.2 supercharged 475hp motor, the ls7 makes 505 they wouldnt make less horsepower, its supposed to be a 650hp motor

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    The new corvette will not be a 6.2 supercharged 475hp motor, the ls7 makes 505 they wouldnt make less horsepower, its supposed to be a 650hp motor
    Uhhh...the base engine is a ls3, 430-436 hp. The ls7 is only in the Z06.

475 won't be more than the rumored 600 they're looking at for the Z06.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yes but you said soemthing about a 6.2liter supercharged 475hp motor. I thought you meant the 6.2 s/c would make 475hp

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I'm sure it will still be lighter than the gt500 and all those fat ass mustangs. I can see it getting the ls3, cuz the ls2 might be a little out dated in 3 years.

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Yes but you said soemthing about a 6.2liter supercharged 475hp motor. I thought you meant the 6.2 s/c would make 475hp
    I did mean that. Read up on the ls8 (supposed to be in the 08 CTS-V). LS9 is another 6.2 s/c rumored to be going in the next Z06 with over 600 hp. Read up on them, then reply. Actually, we're hijacking the shit out of this thread.

Point I was making is, the Camaro will be one of the most popular coupes on the road. And the last thing I want is to be part of the masses.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

You think that many people are gonna be willing to spend almost 40k on a car they can only drive in good weather, most family men arent gonna be buying them unless they already have a new car for a DD. The mustang will always be everywhere. The camaro not so much

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

You think that many people are gonna be willing to spend almost 40k on a car they can only drive in good weather, most family men arent gonna be buying them unless they already have a new car for a DD. The mustang will always be everywhere. The camaro not so much
    lots of peeps down south will be able to drive it almost year round... if anything... sides... isn't one of the stereotypes for the Camaro Driver a "redneck" from the good old south... so it's ok I guess...

Last edited by Rikki_SeVeN; 12-04-2007 at 09:17 AM. Reason: oops-ed it up...

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

I'm not expecting the base model, or the mid model to touch 40k anyway. If it does...one more reason to just buy a Vette.

But yes, I think they will be an extremely popular car, thanks to GM offering it with a v6 option.

And like the above poster mentioned, not everyone gets ice and snow. I'm originally from Louisiana, and the first time I've seen any measurable snow in my LIFE was 2 weeks ago, here in Kansas City.

Red
    2001 ws6

i cant wait till some lawyer or doctor pulls up to me at a light in one of these things

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I dont count v6s, thats why they stopped making the f-bodys not enough sold, and the v6 who cares, they get the same gas mileage as the v8s and still suck in the snow.

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

I dont count v6s, thats why they stopped making the f-bodys not enough sold, and the v6 who cares, they get the same gas mileage as the v8s and still suck in the snow.
    You are doing an outstanding job at missing my point. I said my personal reason for not wanting the new Camaro is because they will be everywhere. Now, whether the car has a v6 or a v8 is a moot point because it is still a Camaro. They will be EVERYWHERE!!! Little old ladies, highschool cheerleaders, etc. will be driving the new v6 fad (think PT Cruiser, Volkswagen Beetle). Vettes will remain relatively rare. Follow me now?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

You have no idea if they will be a big seller or not, little old ladies dont by v camaros, i rarely ever see anyone but young people drive v6 f-bodys. There are far more gas effiecent more comfortable cheaper cars out there than the new v6 camaro. Noone wants rear wheel drive for a DD these days. Unless its a truck. I dont think they will be as big as you think, BTW you drive a camaro now so why is it really any different, they made a v6 for f-bodys and they still didnt sell

Red
    2001 ws6

ya i dont think the v6's will sell, 2000t/a guru makes a good point, noone wants a 6 cyl. rwd DD

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I only say that cause they will still cost high 25k+ for that price you can get Acura TLs and other cars like that, a v6 front wheel, those cars are so nice and comfortable, not to mention if you want some kind of power those cars make 270hp and the TL S makes more.

Red
    2001 ws6

ya fuck the v6 camaros, V8 FTW!!!!!

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

You have no idea if they will be a big seller or not, little old ladies dont by v camaros, i rarely ever see anyone but young people drive v6 f-bodys. There are far more gas effiecent more comfortable cheaper cars out there than the new v6 camaro. Noone wants rear wheel drive for a DD these days. Unless its a truck. I dont think they will be as big as you think, BTW you drive a camaro now so why is it really any different, they made a v6 for f-bodys and they still didnt sell
    I learn from history. And history tells me that it will be a big seller simply because it's so different. Stans flock to the next new thing. No one wants a rw daily driver? Are you serious? You do know Mustangs ARE rwd right, no one wants them yet I can't go one mile without seeing 40,000 of them? Cadillacs, Benzs, BMWs, that's just off the top of my head.

The car I have now is different because I hardly ever see any. For every 4th gen I see there are 100 Mustangs.

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2
    ya i dont think the v6's will sell, 2000t/a guru makes a good point, noone wants a 6 cyl. rwd DD
    Tell that to the millions of people driving V6 Mustangs!

sunset orange
    2001 SS VERT

Funny I see way more vettes and stangs on the road than Camaro's and Firebirds. Far as price I do hope GM makes these cars affordable to us married guys lol

Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by fast droptop View Post
    Funny I see way more vettes and stangs on the road than Camaro's and Firebirds. Far as price I do hope GM makes these cars affordable to us married guys lol
    I wonder if that can have anything to do with the fact that the last Camaros were made in 2002, and Mustangs and Vettes are still being produced...I wonder...

2010 Camaro will be the next PT Cruiser/Mustake/Beetle/H2/Scion XB, only faster.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Kamauxx View Post
    I wonder if that can have anything to do with the fact that the last Camaros were made in 2002, and Mustangs and Vettes are still being produced...I wonder...

2010 Camaro will be the next PT Cruiser/Mustake/Beetle/H2/Scion XB, only faster.
    I didn't have a license prior to 2002, but I definitely didn't notice too many f bods. Mustangs are EVERYWHERE! thats why i would never buy one. The C5 vettes were extremely popular and those were all over the place. I remember being on the school bus and me and my friends were shitting our pants when this red ws6 passed our bus doin 100mph lol. I never remember seeing t/a's. camaros seemed to be seen more often.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah you do see v6 mustangs everywhere, but not f-bodys, yes they were made after 2002, but if you stop talking out your ass and actually look at the numbers of mustangs sold and f-bodys sold prior to 2002 you would see even back then there was a much larger number of stangs sold. The truth is you dont know what will happen. You also dont know how many GM plans to make. So why dont you wait and see before you tell people you dont want to be one of the masses. Unless you can afford a 50,000 or more you will always be in some mass. Judging by the things you say your not a very smart person so you i dont think you can afford one anyway, the camaro will be the next this and that, you just compared it to a beetle and pt cruiser, wow kid wow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information