Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

2007 Camaro

This is a discussion on 2007 Camaro within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Zboner why does evertyone want to make 4 door sports cars? I think somebody should tell these ...

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    why does evertyone want to make 4 door sports cars?
    I think somebody should tell these car companies that a four door car is NOT a "Sports Car". It's a family car, no matter how "Sporty" you make it.

Rob

Black
    99 SS

exactly, and they make the cars they bring back a joke, thats why i hope the Chavelle does not come back.if they want a 4 door car bring thre Bel air back.

ws4transam
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Dance
    Its alive and will be back...not the Firebird though...the GTO took care of that, kinda cornered the market for the Pontiac demographic buyers
    I saw pics of the 2008 to and the prototype gto looks like the 67 gto with the 69 judge wing on the trunk

seriousblack
    it just so happens that GM High Tech Performance magazine (recent issue) showed a concept GN in Black looked similiar to GTO, Nice design! w/ a twin turbo V6 450 BHP-Keep praying to the Muscle Car Gods! :notworthy

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Scott Settlemire has all but assured a new F body at the January auto show.

seriousblack
    where did you get that info from?

2006 TrailBlazer SS

450 hp Turbo V6......shaaahhhwingggg
    I'll buy it.

seriousblack
    I'm still looking for the issue, I'll let you know which one it is- so you can check it out for yourself-Later Bro

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I've got a theory. I think GM rests names every now and then. Sometimes they have to like in the F-Body situation, but they always come back, especially if they are popular like Camaro Firebird and GTO. I don't really like the new GTO but they did bring it back almost soon as the firebird left. Camaro and Firebird have been out for 35yrs, THEY'RE COMING BACK. I bet both of them. Maybe not at the same time, but both will be back.

My other theory is GM is trying to repeat history. Back when the first mustang came out around 65, 2years later we have F-bodies.

The new 05 stangs just came out with this new retro look, I think GM is watching fords sales with it before they try to make a retro Fbody. I mean they already did with the SSR.

Here's a little evidence to prove my point,

After two years of watching the Ford Mustang enjoy tremendous success, General Motors finally launched its entry into the pony car segment, the Chevrolet Camaro. Although available with a mediocre six cylinder for volume sales, the Camaro could be equipped with several V8s and a myriad of performance options. Then, of course, was the famous Regular Production Code, Z/28, that would change the industry's view of pony cars.

That's about the first Camaro. This is why I think they're going to try to repeat history and plus everybody is hearing 07. That's a 2 year difference.

I also wouldn't be suprised if GM put that flyer out talking about a 4cyl SS to make Mustang owners feel comfortable until it comes out and before they no it we pull out with 475hp.

4cyl F-bodies have occured, but GM will not let us down like that. That would just be wrong!

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

The camaro is coming back,brother-in-law works for gm and he said they moved up the return date after seeing the success of the mustang and even further up after they got in financial trouble. G.M. is almost as bad financially as chrysler corp. was in the late 70's early80's when lee iacoca came into save them.It's going to be a retro look based off the 69 camaro.the different models will have differences about them like they did back then such as doors over headlights ETC...The plant is in canada and they have already started retooling the plant,it's supposed to be kinda a secret one of the news channels did a story on it.How the plant was shut down then all the sudden years later they come in hire people and noone will talk about whats going on. hate to say it but G.M. lost their ass bt puting all their eggs in one basket(suv's)and just giving the rest over to chrysler an ford.Chrysler is after Ford now by marketing their 300c to police departments.People want american muscle that's why ford is doing great in the car market.The gto is a holden car from australia i believe,and its been out many years.Wouldn't have one if you gave it to me.Maybe GM execs are finally seeing the light ....we'll see soon i hope..

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by JLMize@cox.net
    The camaro is coming back,brother-in-law works for gm and he said they moved up the return date after seeing the success of the mustang.
    So whats gonna be under the hood of the 2007 Camaro?
    And so it will look like all the retro drawings that everyone is posting up?

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

They haven't said what motor they are going to put in it.

1981 g-Body

I guess i'll have to wait and see.

2006 TrailBlazer SS

Hell they can put the LS2...390 to 400 hp....Shit ford will be years behind again.
    GM has the power plants...JUST build the f'ing car NOW!!!!

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by fredg369
    Hell they can put the LS2...390 to 400 hp....Shit ford will be years behind again.
    That's what i was thinking.

Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JLMize@cox.net
    The plant is in canada and they have already started retooling the plant.

What plant? Gm tore done St.Therese so where exactly are the suppoed to build it?

Sunset orange
    01ss,85 pu,04ramdsl

They didn't tear all of it down just some of it and now it's rebuilding.They needed some more poen spaces cheaper to tear old and build new is what I was told.

GTOPT
    Bring it back x 2

Bright Rally Red
    Camaro & Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 91Z28
    Scott Settlemire has all but assured a new F body at the January auto show.
    I heard this in person. His words were " Be at the January 05 Detroit Auto Show and there will be something there you will like"
    Ralph's Camaros
    2002 SS #2022 GMMG Exhaust,FLP LT Headers,Rapid Stage II Cam. 384 rwhp/381 rwtq

2005 C6 Corvette,Black,Z51, Corsa Exhaust, Kooks LT Headers w/H-Pipe,Halltech Stnger CAI, 388/rwhp & 380/rwtq

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

who'd you here that from?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information