Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

2007 Camaro

This is a discussion on 2007 Camaro within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I took a drive in an sti and for the price that car is better than anything new ive seen ...

02-35th-ss
    I took a drive in an sti and for the price that car is better than anything new ive seen commin out of gm in the last 2 years. But if they do bring it back I hope that there is a diff between the z and an ss moreso than a hood and tires and suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Dance
    More like its sister...
    yea more like she is loosing her sister lol

Traumatized Mind
    Originally Posted by 02 WS6
    This is from a secret GM document that my "friend" had about the 2007 Camaro.....
    " Introducing the all new 2007 Camaro, new design, new features, a new way about thinking about the Camaro. Never before in its lustrious 40 year history has the Camaro been such the center of your attention and for good reason. To start , we have completely redisgned the exterior to turn heads more than ever, with sleeker lines, a low stance and design that says "look out". We have also added more exterior color choices like "Snow White", "Baltic Blue" and "Midnight Black".
    "Dont think we forgot about the inside, it was also completely redesigned for 2007. From posh leather seats and leather wrapped steering wheel, power windows and locks, standard drivers and passengers side "NexGen" airbags, AM/FM stereo with in dash CD player (OnStar available) everything you need at your finger tips."
    "We have also redesigned the drivetrain with many exciting choices to choose from. First the base Camaro model comes standard with the reliable "Iron Duke" inline 4 cylinder, developing an astonishing 105 horsepower out of only 2.5 litres of motor. It comes standard with a 3 speed manual transmission, a 3 speed automatic is optional. Next in line is the Camaro Z-28, rich in history as being the performance Camaro, we can proudly say it still carries the torch today. Standard is the 2.8 litre V-6 producing a whopping 155 horsepower with the multi port fuel injection system and dual manifold exhaust system. Standard is a 4 speed manual with a 4 speed automatic being optional.

"Chevy is also proud to say that in 2008 we will bring back the "SS" Camaro with a exciting new engine just developed by GM. It is a hybrid 1.9 litre inline 4 pounding out a ground shaking 207 horsepower. This amazing feat was made possible be the half gas, half electric power plant just released by GM, which many in the industry say is up to todays technicial standards. This remarkable engine will only be available in the "SS" model, making it even more exclusive. So stop in today and drive away in your new 2007 Camaro"

Nobody here has to believe me, I dont care, this is what the paper said on it and it was from GM. Im saving my downpayment now

......is anyone getting worried yet ????
    that is either a really funny joke wich i hope it is
    or GM has gone nuts and they must be punished
    And lets just pray that they bring back a 400 h.p. F-Body then Ford owners would be the ones to worry
    Last edited by Traumatized Mind; 08-31-2005 at 06:52 PM.

Black
    99 SS

it will never happen if gas stays this high, who would want to buy a gas guzzler when it $5 a gallon?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I have been seeing pictures for ever of the "5th Gen" camaro. I really do hope that they do bring them back like the pics. I have seen some of the Chevelle concept drawing, too. They were the same retro still as the camaro

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I have had enough of the retro look. I sure won't buy one if they go retro like the mustank. That's just what we need, a copy cat retro. What's next, the C7 Corvette going retro?

1999 Chevy Camaro

I'm just hoping it looks like this . Don't need that retro shit. Look what they did to the charger man (god thats a horrible looking car) !! Just bring back a restyled fourth gen... PLEASE !!

Rob
    Last edited by graphicsgod; 09-06-2005 at 06:18 AM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Now that's much better!

Silver
    99 Camaro SS

I can't wait to see a new Camaro again. The firebird should stay dead, they lost there personallity in 1982 when they started putting smallblock chevy's in them.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Dear GM,

I am British and I would like a new Camaro Z28 to replace my 1998 LS1 which is starting to wear around the edges. I would like to thank you for permitting me the pleasure of owning this car which I tried to replace with one of your wonderful Corvette Z06's. But here's the thing see. The Corvette only has two seats. Imagine that? A car with two seats and me with a 5 year old daughter and one on the way. So again, thank you for the pleasure I've had from this car sitting in the garage, not competing in any way, shape or form with my Z28 which I can use every day as it has 4 seats.

So please, don't feel bad about putting 400 or even 500bhp in your next Camaro because that's actually what I want in my family four seater car because you may as well concede this one, I'm just not going to buy a Corvette ever again. In fact, I'm trying to sell the one I've got because I can't actually ever use it.. though it looks real pretty in my garage and would impress the neighbours if I ever got it out. No, what I need is a brilliant new Camaro Z28, just like the one I prefer to my Z06. Polish up the dynamics, improve the handling, hey, even give it a HUD and a titanium exhaust if you want because here's the thing if you missed it - IT DOESN'T COMPETE WITH THE CORVETTE.

Now here's the next thing. If and when I sell the Z06, I'm going to have to replace the Z28 which, I may have mentioned, is now growing old. Much as I would love another Z28, they're pretty hard to come by in the UK and even if I could find one, it would be at least 3 years old and I'd really like a new car. I suppose what I'm really needing is a FOUR seater car which is lighter than a bloated and ugly GTO and quite light on it's feet with some real style. I'm looking really hard at this car here which is called a Mustang and it looks ideal except it hasn't got a Chevy badge or an LS engine which is really what I wanted.

If you don't have anything to offer me, then please don't think I didn't like your cars, you just forced me into a corner and I could be dead by 2009 and can't wait for you. I'm sorry someone ruined your lineup and sorry that when you designed the C6, you used a 7 series BMW as a model. Hope you get well soon.

Regards

LuS1fer

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by LuS1fer
    Dear GM,

I am British and I would like a new Camaro Z28 to replace my 1998 LS1 which is starting to wear around the edges. I would like to thank you for permitting me the pleasure of owning this car which I tried to replace with one of your wonderful Corvette Z06's. But here's the thing see. The Corvette only has two seats. Imagine that? A car with two seats and me with a 5 year old daughter and one on the way. So again, thank you for the pleasure I've had from this car sitting in the garage, not competing in any way, shape or form with my Z28 which I can use every day as it has 4 seats.

So please, don't feel bad about putting 400 or even 500bhp in your next Camaro because that's actually what I want in my family four seater car because you may as well concede this one, I'm just not going to buy a Corvette ever again. In fact, I'm trying to sell the one I've got because I can't actually ever use it.. though it looks real pretty in my garage and would impress the neighbours if I ever got it out. No, what I need is a brilliant new Camaro Z28, just like the one I prefer to my Z06. Polish up the dynamics, improve the handling, hey, even give it a HUD and a titanium exhaust if you want because here's the thing if you missed it - IT DOESN'T COMPETE WITH THE CORVETTE.

Now here's the next thing. If and when I sell the Z06, I'm going to have to replace the Z28 which, I may have mentioned, is now growing old. Much as I would love another Z28, they're pretty hard to come by in the UK and even if I could find one, it would be at least 3 years old and I'd really like a new car. I suppose what I'm really needing is a FOUR seater car which is lighter than a bloated and ugly GTO and quite light on it's feet with some real style. I'm looking really hard at this car here which is called a Mustang and it looks ideal except it hasn't got a Chevy badge or an LS engine which is really what I wanted.

If you don't have anything to offer me, then please don't think I didn't like your cars, you just forced me into a corner and I could be dead by 2009 and can't wait for you. I'm sorry someone ruined your lineup and sorry that when you designed the C6, you used a 7 series BMW as a model. Hope you get well soon.

Regards

LuS1fer

Rob

BLACK / SUNSET MET.
    02 NHRA TRANSAM / 01 SS

I hope it comes back, but in a way i also hope that it doesnt. Just makes my 01 SS & 02 T/A worth more ... in my opinion...

SUCKIN GAS AND HAULIN A$$ LIGHTS_OUT's Avatar

White
    1998 Pontiac TransAm WS7

here is a new pic i found

Hark_Z
    That's the first pic iv'e seen that I actually like.

97lt1ss
    kinda looks like something jaguar or aston-marton would shit out...

Hark_Z
    Your exactly right I can see that. I can't wait to see the new camaro..Many of us live for f-bodies and are obsessed, it's gonna be so weird to see the new ones. It's gonna change everything when the camaro returns. I can see everyone being critical when it comes back, but I don't think GM will dissapoint us. We just all need to have faith!

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTS_OUT
    here is a new pic i found
    Where have I seen that car from ??! Looks very familar, kinda like a Jag... hmm.

I still like mine better tho !

Rob

seriousblack

Cool

[QUOTE=91Z28]Alive or dead? Lately the rumors surrounding this have been heating up again. What are some of your opinions of the way it should be done?

Check out www.arkanascamaro.com- Check out the concept pics of the 2007 5th Generation camaro-supposedly guys @ this site have insider GM contacts. If the concept design became production cars. I SAY BUILD'EM (LOTS OF UM) THEY ARE HOT! F-body fans will get payback on the Mustangs!

seriousblack

2007 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 91Z28
    Alive or dead? Lately the rumors surrounding this have been heating up again. What are some of your opinions of the way it should be done?

:love New 5th Generation SS Concept car

silver
    2002 Mustang GT

what ever they do i hope they dont go retro i wanna see something i havent seen before

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information