Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

2002 Z28 4l60e Baseline Numbers

This is a discussion on 2002 Z28 4l60e Baseline Numbers within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; damn bugs....

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    harrisburg pa.
    Age
    61
    Posts
    868

    black
    02 vette vert

    damn bugs.

  2. #22
    rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    212

    blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

    I ran a 13.06 @ 108 my first runs, I just went back last weekend and it was very humid the best I could do is a consistant 13.2 @ 107 so, im guessing 330 to the wheels? mods in sig
    Last edited by PAT-LS101; 06-22-2009 at 04:56 PM.
    1999 Camaro Z28 w/ sports appearance package & optional 3.23 rear gears - SLP lid, custom Diablo tune. BEST 1/4 MILE TIME W/O MODS: 13.4 @ 102mph. NEW TIMES SOON!


    2002 Camaro Z28 - Stall, gears, exhaust, tuned 12.3 @ 111mph SOLD

  3. #23
    Member fergyflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eustis, Fl
    Posts
    150

    White
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by PAT-LS101 View Post
    I ran a 13.06 @ 108 my first runs, I just went back last weekend and it was very humid the best I could do is a consistant 13.2 @ 107 so, im guessing 330 to the wheels? mods in sig
    You and I have about the same mods and run the same times. With Nitto DR's on a cool day I hit a 12.7. I think my trap was a high 108 or a low 109.

    I had a bunch of passes that were 13.00X, including a 13.001 before I got the DR's and hit the 12's.

    Go get some sticky rubber and get that 12's.

  4. #24
    rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    212

    blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

    Quote Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
    You and I have about the same mods and run the same times. With Nitto DR's on a cool day I hit a 12.7. I think my trap was a high 108 or a low 109.

    I had a bunch of passes that were 13.00X, including a 13.001 before I got the DR's and hit the 12's.

    Go get some sticky rubber and get that 12's.
    Thats what im looking for right now... It was sooo frustrating running a 13.2 after running 13.0 a month ago! haha

  5. #25
    Member devil6rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    440

    SOM / NBM
    2002 Pro Z28/2001 TurboTA

    mine ran a 13.1 consistant when it was stockish / A4 with stock filter, had flowmaster exhaust.

  6. #26
    Member fergyflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eustis, Fl
    Posts
    150

    White
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by PAT-LS101 View Post
    Thats what im looking for right now... It was sooo frustrating running a 13.2 after running 13.0 a month ago! haha
    Tell me about it. Last night at Orlando Spin world I got a 13.49 versus a Neon SRT4 that ran a 13.24. I was upset and wondering if something was wrong with the car till I went over to the Neon driver and found out that he normally runs 12.5's on a cool day.

    The temp was in the low 90's and the humidity was in the 80's. I can't believe how many idiots run their AC and the starter has to stop them and then mop up after them.

    I'm done running till it gets cooler.

  7. #27
    Member Dewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    184

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

    now i feel bad, i got my car dynoed today and with my minimal mods i put down 344rwhp but still only ran a 13.8

  8. #28
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
    now i feel bad, i got my car dynoed today and with my minimal mods i put down 344rwhp but still only ran a 13.8
    Maybe you need the driver mod....

  9. #29
    Member Dewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    184

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Maybe you need the driver mod....
    lol never once did i say i was a good driver, that was my 1st time ever at the track with the camaro and 2nd time overall. It was 90* out and humid as all hell. Worst of all i couldnt hook with the stock 235/55/16 goodyear eagles

  10. #30
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
    lol never once did i say i was a good driver, that was my 1st time ever at the track with the camaro and 2nd time overall. It was 90* out and humid as all hell. Worst of all i couldnt hook with the stock 235/55/16 goodyear eagles
    Don't feel bad. While I'd drag raced plenty of cars, the 1st time I took the 02 to the track I ran a 15.xx (didn't hook so I stopped and started over) but at 100+ mph (Ok, she's got speed, just need to learn to launch it). Before the night was over I had it down to consistant 13.70's at 104. It only went faster from there.

    If your cars has the 235/55/16 tires it probably has a top speed limiter (around 118 or so) and may have 2.73 gears. Only the "Z" rated 245/50/16 cars had no speed limiter (don't worry it can be programmed out and was there to keep the driver from exceeding the rated speed of the tires). Look on the drivers door. Does it have code GU2?

    Also, do you have an A4 or M6?
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 06-27-2009 at 01:35 PM.

  11. #31
    Member Dewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    184

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

    yeah it has the 2.73s and an a4
    Last edited by Dewman; 06-27-2009 at 03:10 PM.

  12. #32
    rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    OREGON
    Posts
    212

    blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewman View Post
    yeah it has the 2.73s and an a4
    I dont think the 2.73's will be the issue I have em and run 13.0 @ 108. Maybe get a good tune?

  13. #33
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    why in the world do you have a fast 92/92 set up with your very minimal mods ..with that fast..you really are in desperate need of a tune to fully use your fast set up

  14. #34
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    i would also go as far as saying with all that air your pushing in now..your not evacuating the air at nearly the rate you should..look into full exhaust and some heads

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i would also go as far as saying with all that air your pushing in now..your not evacuating the air at nearly the rate you should..look into full exhaust and some heads
    Yep, now that you can take in that much air you need to get it out. Heads are key at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stock 2002 4L60e with 40k Miles for t56
    By Zaccagnini in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 12:06 PM
  2. Help: 2000 4L60E won't fit in a 2002????
    By ted-c in forum Automatic Transmission
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 10:30 PM
  3. 2002 Z06 Dyno Numbers
    By BLACKNIGHT03Z06 in forum Dyno Information
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 07:08 PM
  4. Production numbers for 2002.
    By 2002RSCAMARO in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 06:08 PM
  5. 2002 4L60E w/27k
    By RE AND CHERYL in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 01:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •