Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

2002 vs 2010 Camaro

This is a discussion on 2002 vs 2010 Camaro within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; [QUOTE=Firebirdjones;1987934][QUOTE=Zinergy;1987904] Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Maybe you are talking about the little paddle shifters on the steering wheel for the ...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

[QUOTE=Firebirdjones;1987934][QUOTE=Zinergy;1987904]
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post

Maybe you are talking about the little paddle shifters on the steering wheel for the automatic cars??? That's quite a bit different than a manual with a clutch.
    Lol NO IM NOT. The cobalt ss only comes in stick and it has no lift shift aswell. You keep your foot on the gas pedal and slam the shifter only. You never have to take your foot of the gas. I know what paddle shift and trip tonic is i own a car with both.

[QUOTE=Zinergy;1987945][QUOTE=Firebirdjones;1987934]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post

Lol NO IM NOT. The cobalt ss only comes in stick and it has no lift shift aswell. You keep your foot on the gas pedal and slam the shifter only. You never have to take your foot of the gas. I know what paddle shift and trip tonic is i own a car with both.
    And the new 6 speed camaro comes with this???

Arctic White, red/gray

[QUOTE=Firebirdjones;1987948][QUOTE=Zinergy;1987945]

And the new 6 speed camaro comes with this???
    Im not sure if they do yet, but they are supposed to be getting it if they dont. I know the new cobalt ss does and the solstice gxp.

I think its computer controlled since they have dual clutch trannys all it does is 1 clutch is engaged and when its time to shift it disengages and the 2nd clutch is already set to slam into the next gear.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-09-2009 at 10:16 AM.

[QUOTE=Zinergy;1987950][QUOTE=Firebirdjones;1987948]

Im not sure if they do yet, but they are supposed to be getting it if they dont. I know the new cobalt ss does and the solstice gxp.

I think its computer controlled since they have dual clutch trannys all it does is 1 clutch is engaged and when its time to shift it disengages and the 2nd clutch is already set to slam into the next gear.
    Ya I figured as much. Computer assist would be the only way to pull it off,,,,otherwise GM would have a ton of warranty claims for torn up drivetrains

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

still don't believe i'd feel comfortable slamming the gears.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    I do it with the old muncies all the time,,,, but I'm not comfortable doing it on these bulky 6 speeds,,,,darn thing just feels too notchy to me. Plus they have alot of weak links in the 4th gens, shift forks and sincro's suck among other things.

I only question the idea on a new vehicle because most people buying cars like these are generally middle aged type that don't even know what a slick shifted tranny is let alone how to use one. They buy the car because it's the new latest and greatest,,blah blah. Which is why I mentioned something computer controlled for the sake of tearing something up,,,let's face it,,,we all can't drive like Ronnie Sox,,,, I can't see GM making a bad situation worse

Arctic White, red/gray

The 08+ cobalt owners seem to love it

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

hell, even in my camaro i'll float the gears when feeling lazy not using the clutch. But slamming the next gear without the clutch is a big jump from just floating them. Guess i need to go test drive a Cobalt SS and test this

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Me thinks an 02 Z/28 stock with lid -cat backs-and headers would do in a BONE stock 2010 SS auto or stick every day of the week . And look a hell of a lot better doing it ! Add a tune & you can stick a fork in that SS .

Arctic White, red/gray

hell, even in my camaro i'll float the gears when feeling lazy not using the clutch. But slamming the next gear without the clutch is a big jump from just floating them. Guess i need to go test drive a Cobalt SS and test this
    Its not the same thing, you have 1 clutch, there are dual clutch trannys i believe. Which means 1 clutch runs 1, 3 and 5 and the 2nd does 2 and 4. say your in first gear at WOT (no lift shift only works in competition mode at WOT) the second clutch is already preset to slam into 2nd when you give it the signal to shift. Its not supposed ot create anymore wear and tear than if you were to row into 2nd hard with a single clutch tranny while using the clutch pedal.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Its not the same thing, you have 1 clutch, there are dual clutch trannys i believe. Which means 1 clutch runs 1, 3 and 5 and the 2nd does 2 and 4. say your in first gear at WOT (no lift shift only works in competition mode at WOT) the second clutch is already preset to slam into 2nd when you give it the signal to shift. Its not supposed ot create anymore wear and tear than if you were to row into 2nd hard with a single clutch tranny while using the clutch pedal.
    The problem with this, is when it DOES happen to break something, they're going to raise hell about warranty. Saying just because its able to, doesn't mean you should. And that it occured due to abuse. Bout like the GT-R
    trannys, but we won't get on that one here

Arctic White, red/gray

The problem with this, is when it DOES happen to break something, they're going to raise hell about warranty. Saying just because its able to, doesn't mean you should. And that it occured due to abuse. Bout like the GT-R
    trannys, but we won't get on that one here
    The GTR tranny void was when VDC was turned off. GM claims to have tested the tranny successfully on 600 consecutive launches
    Last edited by Zinergy; 07-09-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Sounds like more crap to go wrong down the road if you ask me. Hope it works out for them though. I'd hate to see GM dig a deeper hole.

I'll think I'll leave the slick shifting to the muncie's

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

[QUOTE=Zinergy;1987857][QUOTE=LS1Jason;1987856]the op didn't ask about stock to stock. He asked about a full bolt on LS1 against the new camaro being stock

Ic that now, well the new camaro can trap 110-111mph, which is right about where most bolt on m6 cars are at. It would be close imo on street rubber, but the new camaro has no lift shifts so it would be interesting to see how that helps.
    my car has full bolt-on's and i trap 120MPH. Something else to think about is that the new Camaro weighs more.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post

my car has full bolt-on's and i trap 120MPH. Something else to think about is that the new Camaro weighs more.
    you don't count!

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    Then i have to ask what do you consider full bolt ons? Cause a 120mph trap speed require spray, FI or a cam setup. All of which i dont consider a bolt on

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Then i have to ask what do you consider full bolt ons? Cause a 120mph trap speed require spray, FI or a cam setup. All of which i dont consider a bolt on
    I suppose "technically speaking" that 408 did "bolt in"

Arctic White, red/gray

I suppose "technically speaking" that 408 did "bolt in"
    Lol exactly. Not a bolt on an entirely new engine

Well everyones idea of bolts on's are different,,,obviously

The one I raced I was pulling on,,,,but the only external bolt on I have is headers,,,,,, technically speaking of course.

Now I do have a cam swap in the way of an LS6 cam on a 112 lsa,,,but people around here don't put much faith in the LS6 cam so that doesn't count,,,,right??? So we can disreguard that...in which case it doesn't take much to beat the new camaro

Arctic White, red/gray

Well everyones idea of bolts on's are different,,,obviously

The one I raced I was pulling on,,,,but the only external bolt on I have is headers,,,,,, technically speaking of course.

Now I do have a cam swap in the way of an LS6 cam on a 112 lsa,,,but people around here don't put much faith in the LS6 cam so that doesn't count,,,,right??? So we can disreguard that...in which case it doesn't take much to beat the new camaro
    Lol NO

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information