Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BLACK
    02 CAMARO SS a4

2002 Camaro ss a4 Help! redlines a gear then changes a gear from a roll please read!

When i put the petal to the floor when i driving about 40mph to 85 mph it automatically goes to red line and sets there for a min then finally shifts in to a pulling gear if i was racing just that wait alone would make me lose why is it doing that? it goes and sits in the red area for a sec or two revs real high then shifts to pull but it takes a min to get for red to actually pull i think its shifting to low when i mash to the floor for a roll, can u help?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Your tranny needs a rebuild. It can't shift from 2nd to 3rd under WOT because of broken internals in the tranny.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

i dunno about that... when my MAF was on its way out my tranny was shifting for crap.. check make sure ur mafs not out.. is there a CEL or SES?

BLACK
    02 CAMARO SS a4

Really???? When I drive regular speed and normal driving everything is just fine is just when i mash it to the floor also i assume im in fourth gear and when i mash it isnt 2nd a lil low for it to reach to? i thought maybe thats why it was redlining and holding cause it shifted to a to low gear.

BLACK
    02 CAMARO SS a4

cel or ses? dnt know what that means

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

When I had to have my tranny rebuilt it was doing the same thing, under WOT it wouldn't shift from 2nd to 3rd, it would just redline and stay there for a few seconds because it can't shift. I have experienced this before, your tranny is most likely dying.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by hmorris7000 View Post
    cel or ses? dnt know what that means
    CEL=Check Engine Light

SES=Service Engine Soon

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

most likley ur sinchro's are out. Like mentioned above time for a trans rebuild. I got my work done from T56 rebuilds

BLACK
    02 CAMARO SS a4

no ses orcel lights to come on

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

My 01 SS does what sounds like the same thing, when I'm rolling along and floor it, it drops out of 4 and slips or rev's up before it hooks up, I'm talking milli-seconds, not minutes, never hits the rev limiter, but when it hits it hits hard going into 1st or 2nd, shifts fine under power in upshifts from 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4. I wondered if it didn't have something to do with the torque convertor?

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    most likley ur sinchro's are out. Like mentioned above time for a trans rebuild. I got my work done from T56 rebuilds
    He has an Auto.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by hmorris7000 View Post
    Really???? When I drive regular speed and normal driving everything is just fine is just when i mash it to the floor also i assume im in fourth gear and when i mash it isnt 2nd a lil low for it to reach to? i thought maybe thats why it was redlining and holding cause it shifted to a to low gear.
    At anything from 35mph to 70mph if I mash it to WOT mine kicks down to 2nd and pulls to 80mph, just to redline, and shifts realy quick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Frankly... if you're gonna race... it's always best to shift your auto. ... unless it's right out of the blue and you don't have time to... but if you downshift yourself to a safe yet strong gear... you wont have that problem... cause you'll already be in gear...just like in a manual... downshifts might hurt the tranny a bit though if you try to go too low...
    Mods: SLP Air Lid w/ KN, Free-Mods, LS6 Manifold, Magnaflow, Headers, EFILive
    Visuals: Angel eyes, rear eurolights and T/A rims
    Suspension: Eibach ProKit, UMI Adj. Panhard, SFC's, LCA Relocation brakets, KYB AGX shocks

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...28/1999/23674/

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    Frankly... if you're gonna race... it's always best to shift your auto. ... unless it's right out of the blue and you don't have time to... but if you downshift yourself to a safe yet strong gear... you wont have that problem... cause you'll already be in gear...just like in a manual... downshifts might hurt the tranny a bit though if you try to go too low...
    Don't shift the auto's manually, there is no need for it. Thats the beauty of an auto, it does it for you. Once your shift points are set where they need to be for a particular combo, just put it in overdrive and there is no need to ever touch the shifter again.
    If you want it to downshift earlier or hold gears longer for higher RPM shifts then it should be done in the tune,,,not with the shifter

SOM
    '01SS Camaro,'09 Z06

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Don't shift the auto's manually, there is no need for it. Thats the beauty of an auto, it does it for you. Once your shift points are set where they need to be for a particular combo, just put it in overdrive and there is no need to ever touch the shifter again.
    If you want it to downshift earlier or hold gears longer for higher RPM shifts then it should be done in the tune,,,not with the shifter
    If dragging I agree, I've tried several time to get it to upshift on my schedule only to bounce the rev limiter, the few times I've nailed it the tires spin into second, yet there are many times when I want to use engine braking and other advanced uses of the trottle, such as controlling wheel spin. But you are right no need to shift them going in a straight line.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I knocked 3 tenths out of my Quarter Mile time... by shifting myself... bone stock... so...don't knock it till you learn how to do it properly... trick is to shift it at about 5,200rpm and it'll shift perfect...

I knocked 3 tenths out of my Quarter Mile time... by shifting myself... bone stock... so...don't knock it till you learn how to do it properly... trick is to shift it at about 5,200rpm and it'll shift perfect...
    I have tried it with many cars. Fact is,,,if your car is running better by shifting it manually, then all that tells me is you need to go in and play with your transmission shift points in your tune, because the computer is not commanding your shift points at optimum times.

Once you have them set properly then there is no need to ever touch the shifter.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

But the car was absolutely stock... I didn't mess with it... so it's suposed to shift as for factory specs...

But the car was absolutely stock... I didn't mess with it... so it's suposed to shift as for factory specs...
    Ya I know,,,,sometimes GM don't have these things setup perfectly,,,,mine would shift too early out of first gear, and then hold the 2-3 shift to redline so I had to play with my shift points in HPtuner to get it where it ran the best. I took several passes, but once it's set right, it saves you the trouble of having to shift it yourself. It's nice to mash the gas and let the car do it's thing, you can concentrate more on reaction times and keeping the car straight. Thats what auto's are for I have a 6 speed car too and it's nice to hang gears and all that, but I jump in the auto so I don't have to,,,know what I mean?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

yeah... I get ya... but I also like knowing that I had a part in it... hehe... I mean... my reaction times are usually near perfect cause I have the timming set up for the one track in the near area... I'd love to have a M6... but they are just literally imposible to find here...

Thread Information